DOING SW FROM HOME???

so not feeling the healthy eating today.

I'm tired and fighting off a cold and all I want is some high fat high sugar stodge lol. Salad box at my desk which I usually enjoy just isn't hitting the spot.

Have to be good and save my syns though as I'm out for my usual fortnightly curry with friends tonight, which I won't enjoy if I've know I've already blown my syns. Ho hum!

Hi everyone, I have just started slimming world from home. From researching and talking to people at work who go to the group I know enough about it to do it. This group seems amazing for motivation! In 2 weeks I have lost 11.5 pounds. I know my losses won't always be this big but I'm very happy with it at the moment :)

Congrats on a great loss so far amypops and welcome to our little group x

Thanks TDQ. Weighed myself this morning (shouldn't have really) and lost another pound. Me and my boyfriend are going to Paris at the end of the month and our target was a stone before we go, I only have 1.5 pounds to lose in the next 2 weeks!! I think I'll be setting another target :) x

Welcome slimjim and Amypops. Wow! Fantastic loss, Amypops and how lovely you've got something so amazing to look forward to! I'm sure you'll continue to do well with such a positive attitude and such a brilliant start.

Loving the sound of your Moroccan Chicken Stew, slimjim and it's really good you and your Mum will be able to support each other. :)

Hope you both enjoy being a part of the fabulous Mini's 'family'.

Kathy x

Ty guys, is there many people on here that follow the plan but don't go to either group or online, I wouldn't mind doing myself but wouldn't want people think I am taking the mick asking Syn value etc when.I don't subscribe

Hi mitchie.
I dont go to group or use online. I got given a starter pack from a friend (u can buy them online too) and just self taught myself really. That was over 3 years ago and im now over 4 1/2 stone lighter. I dont always follow it as strictly nowadays and my losses are usually very small but for me its a way of life now and im still enjoying it as much today as I was when I started.

I come on here regularly to catch up on how all the lovely slimming peeps are doing, for recipies, for syns etc, people dont mind, thats what this support group is for : ) And likewise give back what u can with meal ideas, words of encouragement etc. We are all different in what we need in our slimming journeys, but the one thing we all have in common is that we are here for the same reason and always happy to help and guide each other :)

Last edited:
I have the same mind set as you. I have never been to group, downloaded a pdf of the plan about 2 yrs ago. Lost 2.5 stones in total and maintained roughly, give or take a few pounds! It's a life style now, me and hubby eat SW style most of the time but allow ourselves treats and still indulge when we go on holiday etc. it's just about bringing it all back in line when we get back. Couldn't have done it without the support from everyone on here though, Minimins has been a true lifeline and a wealth of information!

Me and my wife both do slimming world on our own. We went together to the groups a while ago, but when the whole fiasco with the snack bars come along it really disrupted our diets. Which resulted in us both crashing badly. My Mrs last year decided to go it alone and start again. She is currently a few pounds away from losing 6 stone. Which has inspired me to start again and so far I'm doing great. But I would say the knowledge we gathered from the groups and consultant the first time helped us a lot with what we are doing now.

Good on you Shaun for getting back on the wagon and well done to your wife! Could we be looking at next years Mr & Mrs SW I wonder?!?... :)

Me and my wife both do slimming world on our own. We went together to the groups a while ago, but when the whole fiasco with the snack bars come along it really disrupted our diets. Which resulted in us both crashing badly. My Mrs last year decided to go it alone and start again. She is currently a few pounds away from losing 6 stone. Which has inspired me to start again and so far I'm doing great. But I would say the knowledge we gathered from the groups and consultant the first time helped us a lot with what we are doing now.

I'm intrigued...what is the snack var fiasco???

And, welcome of course ;-)

I'm intrigued...what is the snack var fiasco???

And, welcome of course ;-)
I don't know if it was every where but here there was trouble with the supplier for the hi-fi bars, you can only get these at the groups direct from SW, unless you want to pay through the nose on ebay. So they didnt have them to sell for a while, was advised to try alpen bars instead. But I had based my whole diet around the hi-fi bars and it just messed me up big time.

Thanks for the welcome

Im just starting bk on the diet and thought it try over night oats for breakfast,just weighed out the oats and im very dissapointed at the amount u can have especially if ur not using as a heb u have to use 6 syns gggrrr

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Kelly it isn't very much at all and that is why people pad them out with other things like yogurt, berries and other fruits such as sliced apple etc. Otherwise it would only be a mouthful for sure. xx I think two Weetabix is better with yogurt and fruit feels like more somehow xx

Carole xx

Im just starting bk on the diet and thought it try over night oats for breakfast,just weighed out the oats and im very dissapointed at the amount u can have especially if ur not using as a heb u have to use 6 syns gggrrr

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I only have the oats when I use the HEXb..I won't syn them as you say you don't get much that way.

Hi, I think the hi fi bars are expensive anyway. I use the benefit light bars from Aldi which are just over a pound for 6 and are much better value for money. xx :)

I don't know if it was every where but here there was trouble with the supplier for the hi-fi bars, you can only get these at the groups direct from SW, unless you want to pay through the nose on ebay. So they didnt have them to sell for a while, was advised to try alpen bars instead. But I had based my whole diet around the hi-fi bars and it just messed me up big time.

Thanks for the welcome

I like oats...they fill me up, especially when done as overnight oats or in magic pancakes! Xx

I joined SW Online last Thurs (no meetings near me that fit into my schedule) so I hope you don't mind me joining your lovely group for the support.

I am a typical yoyo dieter, lose a couple of stone and then gain a couple of stone back. I am also a very impatient dieter and I know this is my downfall. If I don't lose two stone in three weeks I get disheartened :eek:. I am now of the ilk: Every step in the right direction - no matter how small - will lead to my desired destination. So if it takes me half a pound a week and a few STS I will dig deep and focus on the joy of the end goal.

I am doing the EE plan, however I don't eat gluten (and I am not paying the ridiculous price of Gluten Free bread et al.) So very often I end up eating a more SP menu.

Anyway - enough waffle about me - well done on your weight losses to date folks and good luck for the future one's. xx :lilkiss:

Back