DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi everyone :)

So, I have been going to class for 3 weeks and lost 7lbs, but on Friday I am going out to France to my seasonal job for 8 months, but want to follow SW!

I contemplated using the online help but I think with all the forums and Facebook groups, and the books I have already that I don't need to pay to lose this weight!

I have 2.5 stone more to lose and am getting married in August 2016. My dream is to wear a size 10 wedding dress, I'm size 16 now, sometimes 14.

I have never been so motivated to lose weight and change my lifestyle to a healthy one! Hope you've all had great weeks :)

Hi Kelly it isn't very much at all and that is why people pad them out with other things like yogurt, berries and other fruits such as sliced apple etc. Otherwise it would only be a mouthful for sure. xx I think two Weetabix is better with yogurt and fruit feels like more somehow xx

Carole xx

Hi carole,i tried with vanilla muller light and banana it was nice but iv got a tummy bug so couldnt stomach much of it

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all,
I started SW back in October after my mum had some great initial success. I lost two stone (with travelling 50% for work!) in the first two months and am really happy with losing two dress sizes although now none of my clothes fit!
After Christmas our slimming world group had about 30 new members every week and it was taking hours to weigh in. I asked the regional manager if they could put more groups on especially at the weekend but she said its just not possible. So I have reluctantly given up on group, which is a shame as I love to hear how all the others got on and take tips. I am just about to be thrown out of the slimming world website as I refuse to spend the same money just to have online access when you get so much more for going to group.
I am just shy of the 3 stone loss and hope this forum can keep me going with recipes and support.

On topic now, I pad my morning oats out with mullerlight, frozen berries, passion fruit and chopped up pear and sometimes kiwi. Because I wanted to increase the fruit content and started adding two pears, my breakfast is eaten in two sessions. Half in the morning and half for that mid morning snack.

Hi everyone... after my first week of doing it at home I lost 2lbs so am happy with that - and that included fish and chips by the sea on Sunday too! I feel I can do it 'at home' now so it is a welcome boost. Hello to everyone who has just joined.

@angienofrills - It's wonderful you have a goal but make sure getting in to that size 10 dress isn't your only reason for losing weight. I work in the wedding industry and time and time again see brides lose weight because they are just thinking about the dress and photos, only to put some of it back on after the wedding. Don't be unrecognisable in your wedding photos, remember your fiancé is marrying you as you are and for you, not the girl in a size 10 wedding dress, so make sure your goals are wider... to be healthier, fitter etc. Above all love the experience, it's a wonderful day to plan :)

Hi there. Just having a read up and what I've been missing over the last 12 months and found your thread I've been a little all over the place the last 18mths, went back to work after being at home with the kids then changing from a physically demanding job to a desk job. I've lost and gained 4 stone over the last 18mths and now I'm ready to stop messing around and lose it once and for all I'm giving it a go at home to begin with as I've done it before and in a good mindset at the mo, if it doesn't go to plan I have a class nearby I can attend. So here it goes....again xxx

Welcome back, vickykelly and good luck. You're definitely not alone in losing and gaining and losing and gaining and ............. At least on here we can all encourage one another and we're all in the same boat. :)

Kathy xx

Welcome too, to Angie and Emmab. :) This is such a great thread so hope you enjoy all the things that go on here and get all the encouragement you need. What a brilliant incentive to lose the weight, angie and I'm sure you will manage to do it.

Well done, Emmab, for your initial weight loss! I know what you mean about sitting through long-winded SW meetings but, I'm sure, you'll get all the advice, recipes and support you need from here, anyway.

Well done too, on your loss, MissO! Especially with having your fish and chips treat, by the sea. :)

Kathy xx

Hi everyone... after my first week of doing it at home I lost 2lbs so am happy with that - and that included fish and chips by the sea on Sunday too! I feel I can do it 'at home' now so it is a welcome boost. Hello to everyone who has just joined.

@angienofrills - It's wonderful you have a goal but make sure getting in to that size 10 dress isn't your only reason for losing weight. I work in the wedding industry and time and time again see brides lose weight because they are just thinking about the dress and photos, only to put some of it back on after the wedding. Don't be unrecognisable in your wedding photos, remember your fiancé is marrying you as you are and for you, not the girl in a size 10 wedding dress, so make sure your goals are wider... to be healthier, fitter etc. Above all love the experience, it's a wonderful day to plan :)

Hi! I can see how a lot of people probably do obsess over just looking great on their wedding day, but I am just using it as motivation, but generally this is a lifestyle change for me and I am determined to make some of these changes long term. I've been a 14-16 my whole adult life and am very self conscious and want to be happy and confident in a smaller size.

What do you do in the wedding industry? My fiancé's sister is a wedding planner in France, actually the biggest in France! So as you can imagine our wedding is looking very exciting :)

I lost weight for my wedding and looked good, but did it by doing the special k diet and hardly eating anything, so as soon as I was let loose on our all inclusive honeymoon, it all went on again over time! I think sw is more of a sustainable way of loosing weight and keeping it off! If you keep it up after the wedding, there's no problem!

Funnily enough, I look back at my pictures and hate my messy blonde hair (it was a very windy day and I'm now a brunette!!!).

I think a wedding is great motivation to loose weight!

Hi! I can see how a lot of people probably do obsess over just looking great on their wedding day, but I am just using it as motivation, but generally this is a lifestyle change for me and I am determined to make some of these changes long term. I've been a 14-16 my whole adult life and am very self conscious and want to be happy and confident in a smaller size.

Sounds like you have the perfect attitude so I am sure you'll be fine, best of luck with it! Weddings are huge pressure, we grow up with it ingrained in our heads that we will be a princess on our wedding day, the belle of the ball (thanks Disney!), not to mention everyone saying 'ooo I can't wait to see the dress'. It's a lot of pressure! I'm a wedding photographer, so I see really closely my clients fears, and actually, when one of my brides is a bit bigger I try to make sure I can be a confidante, as a bigger girl too.

I first lost weight with SW three years ago when I got "too big" in my eyes (a trip to the east coast of the US was lethal!) but also the doctors were threatening to take me off the pill, and I don't want kids! I lost three and a half stone and felt great, but the last half was quite a slog, so soon after I put half a stone back on and happily stabilised. Then early last year, another stone crept on after a few amazing holidays, including my engagement. Funnily enough though I decided NOT to lose the stone again for my wedding, I was generally happy and when I tried on the dress I went for, I felt amazing. I had a bit of a wobble a month or so before the wedding "my arms need toning!" but hey, in the end I didn't even wear the cover up bolero I'd bought, as I just felt so great. Wedding, honeymoon and house move three months later, I have put another stone back on, so I am back here now, before I am back to square one. But putting on that dress and marrying the love of your life - no extra dress size could make you take that feeling away :) I'm excited for you and Tatabubbly - amazingly exciting times...

First weekly weigh from doing SW at home and I am thrilled to say I have lost 7lbs.

I know it's my first week and it will be water weight but after doing all the little things in the right direction: getting out for some exercise everyday, logging my food on the online diary every single day, ensuring my plate was full of superfree veggies, planning meals in advance, drinking more water and less coffee and spending the odd hour on Minimins for support, it has led to a good loss and lots of motivation to focus on week two.

The biggest thing that helped me was not having junk food in the house. Several times on an evening I went to the cupboards and if a choc bar or six had been there - I would have probably succumbed. I wanted to create a 'no fail' environment. When I needed to do my daughter a packed lunch for playgroup, I bought one bag of crisps instead of a six pack and filled her box with lots of fresh fruit, cucumber, carrot sticks, nuts, raisins and, yoghurt and home made chicken strips.
I think this new way of eating will be good for the whole family. :)

I would love to lose 2lbs next week and get well and truly into the 13's but even if I only lose half a pound I know it's all in the direction of my goal.

Anyway before I bore on too long - thank you ladies/gents for this lovely at home support thread - and good luck with your continual weight loss and maintaining.

xx

Well done pink! sounds like you've really got your head in the game!

Thank you ladies. xx I have no doubt I will have the odd week where I do give in and dive on the choc or crisps but that's real life isn't it. I shall just keep my eyes on the prize.

Great loss Pink! Well done! :)

Absolutely brilliant, Pink!! I'm so pleased for you! :) It just makes everything worthwhile, doesn't it and gives you a great kick start. Good news too that you're passing your healthy eating on to your daughter. I'm a Teaching Assistant at a primary school and the junk food that fills some of the children's packed lunch boxes is diabolical! There was one child last year who had crisps, chocolate cereal bars, chocolate mousse and a sausage roll for his lunch every single day! Crazy!

Good luck for this next week, Pink! If I knew how to post some cheering icons, I would but ...... I don't! :D

Kathy xx

Sounds like you have the perfect attitude so I am sure you'll be fine, best of luck with it! Weddings are huge pressure, we grow up with it ingrained in our heads that we will be a princess on our wedding day, the belle of the ball (thanks Disney!), not to mention everyone saying 'ooo I can't wait to see the dress'. It's a lot of pressure! I'm a wedding photographer, so I see really closely my clients fears, and actually, when one of my brides is a bit bigger I try to make sure I can be a confidante, as a bigger girl too.

I first lost weight with SW three years ago when I got "too big" in my eyes (a trip to the east coast of the US was lethal!) but also the doctors were threatening to take me off the pill, and I don't want kids! I lost three and a half stone and felt great, but the last half was quite a slog, so soon after I put half a stone back on and happily stabilised. Then early last year, another stone crept on after a few amazing holidays, including my engagement. Funnily enough though I decided NOT to lose the stone again for my wedding, I was generally happy and when I tried on the dress I went for, I felt amazing. I had a bit of a wobble a month or so before the wedding "my arms need toning!" but hey, in the end I didn't even wear the cover up bolero I'd bought, as I just felt so great. Wedding, honeymoon and house move three months later, I have put another stone back on, so I am back here now, before I am back to square one. But putting on that dress and marrying the love of your life - no extra dress size could make you take that feeling away :) I'm excited for you and Tatabubbly - amazingly exciting times...

That was so lovely, MissO! So glad you obviously had such an amazing day! Lucky hubby to be so loved too! :)

Kathy xx

Back