DOING SW FROM HOME???

Nice loss Pink! Well done. I lost 7lbs my first week and then I missed a weigh in due to travel and lost 7lbs the week after. I was so shocked but if you stick with it, it really works.
I've found after those initial huge weekly losses I kind of hover at the same weight then one morning I will step on the scales (I know I shouldn't be weighing myself daily but it keeps me motivated) and I will be 3lbs down. At the hovering stage at the moment but just back on the diet properly for three days now after a holiday away. Getting back into preparing meals, having food ready and just not eating anything not on plan.

Someone in the office came in with those small dairy milk eggs, I had one and my goodness it was so sweet I just didn't like it.

My advice for newbies is plan in advance for meals and if you are going out for a meal then look before for the best option, for example with an Indian the tikka meat (no sauce) and rice is a great SW option and you just have to syn the oil its cooked in. I've not allowed myself to have fish and chips (knowing the huge portion and oil would make it high syns) but do look forward to my weekly SW chips at home one night in the week. I think just as good since you know there are no syns involved. I've found with potatoes, pasta and starchy stuff I cannot have as much as I like and still have to watch the portion sizes.

For me, my weakness is those malteaser bunnies! How can the bunnies be 11 syns! Just not fair

Uugghh I'm having such a bad week, been feeling rubbish all week, according to my doctor I have Pharyngitis, which is like tonsillitis when you don't have any tonsils. I just don't feel like eating, and what I am eating isn't really on plan. Trying not to take any time off work as I've got so much on but it's making me too tired to cook. Bound to have a gain :(

Sorry to hear you've not been well Clair...wondered where you were. Small gain for me this week too, it's getting so bloody hard now..lol..

Nice loss Pink! Well done. I lost 7lbs my first week and then I missed a weigh in due to travel and lost 7lbs the week after. I was so shocked but if you stick with it, it really works.
I've found after those initial huge weekly losses I kind of hover at the same weight then one morning I will step on the scales (I know I shouldn't be weighing myself daily but it keeps me motivated) and I will be 3lbs down. At the hovering stage at the moment but just back on the diet properly for three days now after a holiday away. Getting back into preparing meals, having food ready and just not eating anything not on plan.

Someone in the office came in with those small dairy milk eggs, I had one and my goodness it was so sweet I just didn't like it.

My advice for newbies is plan in advance for meals and if you are going out for a meal then look before for the best option, for example with an Indian the tikka meat (no sauce) and rice is a great SW option and you just have to syn the oil its cooked in. I've not allowed myself to have fish and chips (knowing the huge portion and oil would make it high syns) but do look forward to my weekly SW chips at home one night in the week. I think just as good since you know there are no syns involved. I've found with potatoes, pasta and starchy stuff I cannot have as much as I like and still have to watch the portion sizes.

For me, my weakness is those malteaser bunnies! How can the bunnies be 11 syns! Just not fair

Im bad for the weighing more i do it mid week just once tho,i find it keeps me more determined to do well

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry to hear you've not been well Clair...wondered where you were. Small gain for me this week too, it's getting so bloody hard now..lol..

Bad news about the gain, Gemsta. At least it was only a small one. Can't believe how amazingly well you've done though so, much better to look at how well you've done so far. Have a good weekend.

Kathy x

Thanks Kathy :) I'm trying to look at the positives.

Well I maintained this week but as I say I usually hover around a weight then suddenly drop and it hasn't been a full proper week. Going to have a mammoth session in the garden today so hopefully thats some calories used up ready for a big loss next week. Keeping positive :) Got into a size 16 pair of trousers, however wouldn't dare sit down in them just yet! A bit "squeezy cheeks" as my husband would say. Those trousers will be mine!
Just one question and sorry its probably been asked loads of times before, is there a quick and easy way to search recipes off the site rather than just keeping scrolling through? Meal planning for the week ahead and looking for some new inspiration.

Kathy has a great link to all the recipes she has compiled at the bottom of her signature Emma...she commented on this thread above my last one, her user is chocko01 :)

Hi everyone! I'm new on here and have began following SW from home today. I have done it many times by going to classes but at the moment life is too busy for me to find the time to dedicate myself to classes.
I'm getting married in May 2017 and I want to preferably lose 7 stone over the next year and then work on maintaining it.
I am motivating myself by purchasing my dream dress online from China for £90 - so no significant loss is the dress is terrible.

I am going to weigh in on Friday mornings and will keep people updated. As much as I cant find time for the classes I am one of those people who thrive off peoples supports and advice.

So wish me luck for my first week!!
Hannah!

Hey Hannah.. Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming wedding :) On the dress note, if it's anything like my nieces you will be over the moon!! She paid the same for one from China off ebay and it was absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi Hannah,
Welcome!
I was quite heavy on my wedding day but just chose a dress to fit my body type. Since I had a defined waist I went for a tea length wedding dress kind of like this one on the link below but took out most of the weight of the skirt as it made me so wide, combined it with a shrug to cover my arms (but it was November!) and bright red shoes to match the flowers. Its great to have a goal in mind but even if you don't make it you can look and feel great on the day just choosing something flattering.

A-Line/Princess Sweetheart Tea-Length Organza Wedding Dress With Ruffle Beading Appliques Lace (002014997) - JJsHouse

Since I have lost weight I don't think that dress would suit me anymore as my bust has shrunk considerably-just waiting for my bum and thighs to catch up now!

Hi everyone,

im fairly new to the site been on here a couple of weeks. I'm doping SW independently at home working from my old food optimizing books from 3 years ago. i used to go to meetings but really didn't like the feeling of ritual humiliation and the cliquishness of the group as the consultant called them "her girls" also working shifts made it difficult as wasn't always able to go every week and had no end of problems with my membership due to shift work.

I found SW sucessfull last time and lost 2 stone but feel off the wagon at the Christmas and never got back on until now.
so far lost almost 8lb doing it at home and reading through this forum. love reading the recipes on this forum they are amazing. i got reading through your recipe list chocko1 earlier and i must say i'm really impressed and that takes serious dedication well done and thank you so much cant wait to try some of them eventually read through them all.

Hi Beckaboo
My mum goes to one near Carlton and she said it used to be fun but the influx of all the January people changed everything. The regulars stopped going and when they returned she didn't know anyone so she just weighs in and then leaves. We were attending a group in Hampshire and started in October which we were enjoying till the January influx started. It was taking two hours to weigh in with the snake of people out the door! The group bit ended up running out of chairs and basically, " hi, how much have you lost/gained, ok great stay on track" next.
I did look at other groups in the area. One consultant is the biggest group loser in Hampshire and within the top 10 for the UK. You get the feeling that some consultants are just doing it for the cash and some are making a career out of it and really doing well. Unfortunately she has three sessions in the day and one at night and I cannot get home from work and run to group at 7pm and sit and talk about food when I haven't had my dinner :(

chocko1 nice job on the recipes. I really wanted a sweet fix although I tried the syn free lemon meringue and the base curdled. Also I don't seem to be able to get gelatine to do what its supposed to and just end up making a huge blob of plastic substances rather than anything resembling a dessert. Trying the brownies next, hopefully cant get too much wrong with those

Kathy has a great link to all the recipes she has compiled at the bottom of her signature Emma...she commented on this thread above my last one, her user is chocko01 :)

Thanks, Gemsta! So nice of you to recommend my thread. :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend. xx

Well I maintained this week but as I say I usually hover around a weight then suddenly drop and it hasn't been a full proper week. Going to have a mammoth session in the garden today so hopefully thats some calories used up ready for a big loss next week. Keeping positive :) Got into a size 16 pair of trousers, however wouldn't dare sit down in them just yet! A bit "squeezy cheeks" as my husband would say. Those trousers will be mine!
Just one question and sorry its probably been asked loads of times before, is there a quick and easy way to search recipes off the site rather than just keeping scrolling through? Meal planning for the week ahead and looking for some new inspiration.

Wow! Brilliant weight loss so far, Emmab! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss too.

Kathy :)

Thanks, Gemsta! So nice of you to recommend my thread. :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend. xx

Your welcome! I've had a look through and intend to try a few new recipes this week :)

You can only recommend...we all have different tastes after all. I've heard a lot of people say they don't like the 1/2 syn roulade...me I love it..reminds me of arctic roll as kid...even more so when I have it with a jelly pot :) Mmmmmmm!

Back