DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi, I am new to SW and am also going solo as club times are not good for me. I have the starter pack and the new free and snacks books. As I have just started to do this it is taking a little time to sink in as to what is free and what is syned but I am determined to loose weight this time. I have put 3 stone on since giving up smoking lat May. This group looks to be the best on the net.

Hi Sueuk. Welcome! Yes, this group is amazing! Everyone is really friendly and the whole site is packed with information and ideas. I'm sure you'll soon get your head round the SW way of eating. Good luck. :)

Kathy

After my mid-week blow out of popcorn and crisps... I followed the SP plan for the last three days. I am thrilled but can't quite believe it... I lost 3 lbs this week.

1 stone down... 3 to go. xx

Wow, Pink!! That's amazing news! Can't believe you've lost a stone so quickly! It doesn't seem five minutes since you started! :)

Kathy xx

Evening,

I stopped following SW during the winter period and I have put all the weight back on when I was doing so well.... Starting again on my own but would love to have a SW buddy to help me along. I really don't know how I fell off the wagon so easily when I was really enjoying it and doing really well. I know I can't focus on the past but I am so annoyed. So I have decided to get back on track and start again from home. Fingers crossed...

Hope you're having a better day today tatabubbly?

Welcome Discodiva, Sueuk, Pimousse :)

Evening,

I stopped following SW during the winter period and I have put all the weight back on when I was doing so well.... Starting again on my own but would love to have a SW buddy to help me along. I really don't know how I fell off the wagon so easily when I was really enjoying it and doing really well. I know I can't focus on the past but I am so annoyed. So I have decided to get back on track and start again from home. Fingers crossed...

The great thing about Minis is you can have loads of buddies! You'll soon be back to where you want to be. Start a diary on here, it's a real help and people will be able to support and help you with your journey :)

Welcome to all the new SW at homers! :)

Hello everyone,
I am after a little bit of advice please. I last did SW last year but was unfocused due to health issues. Needless to say I've put on even more weight. I know SW works as I've lost weight on it before.

Please could someone advise if the books in the joining pack have changed much since last summer as I can't get to a class at the moment and the online subscription is just a bit too pricey right now!

Thank you in advance
Andrea x

Hello everyone,

Just reading through everyone's losses and well done everyone!!

I haven't been on here for a few weeks, last time I posted I was going to Paris soon after and wanted to lose a stone before going, I lost 1 stone 1 pound which is was very happy with.

While in Paris me and my boyfriend ate all of the amazingly yummy (unhealthy) foods and I managed to put on 4 pounds which I was ok with! Since coming back 3 days ago I have lost 3 pounds, so only 1 more pound to go until I'm back to what I was before I went.

Me and my boyfriend are going to Amsterdam at the end of May for my birthday, my goal for then is to lose another stone.

I think with a bit of motivation and if I keep using this site I can do it!

Andrea, the books have changed quite a bit, if you can afford to go to class and get the books, I would! :D

Thank you tatabubbly, I can afford a class but trying to find one I can attend is difficult. I work but have to be home in the evenings to put my daughter to bed. As she's 3 next week and hubby is 30, I can't justify the online subscription price at the moment! X

Hi Andrea, I have a set of books from 2012. I have all the basics in my head and I have to say that between those and the powers of Google I get by ok on my own :)

Andrea theres a slimming world ebay shop that sells the new books if i remember rightly its quite cheap. Google and u will find it. X

Andrea theres a slimming world ebay shop that sells the new books if i remember rightly its quite cheap. Google and u will find it. X

Thanks bubble I've found them. Quite a bit cheaper than joining up online so I'll order in the next few days. Going to get Easter out of the way, send hubby off back to work and then begin xx

i also use the old 2012 books and in 5 weeks i'm just shy of a stone loss i use them and this website and Google and its done me fine so far. i tend to think if it worked with those foods in 2012 why should it not work with the same foods 3 years later. also i know they have altered the plans quite a lot apparently got rid of green and red days and started a new one and that confuses me. i tend to think if i find it confusing then i might struggle so stick to what i know works.

I am using the online website, most of the info is on there and lots and lots of recipes.
I did get a evoucher code off when I joined saving 30% (you can find them on the net.) - It cost me £45 for 3 months... so about £3.46 per week. The only thing that is missing on the site (IMO) is a forum. But I don't think they could beat Minimins even if they started one. ;)

X

Back