DOING SW FROM HOME???

i also use the old 2012 books and in 5 weeks i'm just shy of a stone loss i use them and this website and Google and its done me fine so far. i tend to think if it worked with those foods in 2012 why should it not work with the same foods 3 years later. also i know they have altered the plans quite a lot apparently got rid of green and red days and started a new one and that confuses me. i tend to think if i find it confusing then i might struggle so stick to what i know works.

Fabulous consistent weight losses Becka - you're not slowing down at all. XX

i also use the old 2012 books and in 5 weeks i'm just shy of a stone loss i use them and this website and Google and its done me fine so far. i tend to think if it worked with those foods in 2012 why should it not work with the same foods 3 years later. also i know they have altered the plans quite a lot apparently got rid of green and red days and started a new one and that confuses me. i tend to think if i find it confusing then i might struggle so stick to what i know works.

Wow Becca that's amazing! I think I'll stick with what I have then and use google and common sense! X

Hi Gemsta!

Thanks for your kind welcome and offer of support. Have started writing it all down again to keep better track of my syns. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Put me down as one of the people doing Slimming World from home. Did the new SP plan last week and followed the suggested meal planner on the SW website. Somehow managed to lose 6 pounds. Don't ask me how I did it because I'm not sure myself!

Looking forward to using and abusing this thread for all the lovely support :)

Put me down as one of the people doing Slimming World from home. Did the new SP plan last week and followed the suggested meal planner on the SW website. Somehow managed to lose 6 pounds. Don't ask me how I did it because I'm not sure myself!

Looking forward to using and abusing this thread for all the lovely support :)

I have been following the SP plan for a couple of weeks (I can't eat wheat, barley and oats - so it's almost like the SP permanently) and I have had some great weight losses, almost akin to those on a VLCD diet. I can't quite believe it and I have been eating huge meals... I have noticed that I just don't feel like snacking as much too. Strange!
Loving SW's new SP plan. :)

Well done on the great 6lb loss... a fabulous result. X

Yes, It came out after Christmas. It's too boost your weight loss when needed or can be mixed in with some regular EE days. All your food must come form the foods with a S or P next to them so some fruits are off limits such as grapes, cherries, bananas, kiwis, blueberries to name some as well as potatoes/carbs and yoghurts, but you get a extra HEXb to use too as well as your normal 5-15 syns. If you google it you can find more info easily on it :)

Gemsta, you're a star! Always at the ready with anwers for us. Thank you so much. Sounds a bit like the success express. Anyway, will stick to EE as it worked for me and might even throw in a few success express days. And can't afford to go to groups so will have to use my old books. Today wasn't such a good day as couldn't resist a piece of my duaghter's birthday cake (don't even want to think about how many syns that was.... (was homemade so would be too much faffing to work out the syn value!).

Thanks again.

Val

No worries.. glad to help. Yes, I believe it's very similar to SE. I do mainly EE too, love my carbs too much! ;) But have on occasion chucked a several days SP in and seen good results. I'm planning on a few this week as am desperate to get down to 12 or under before we go away.

Gem

Hello all, I've just started following Slimming World. I'm doing it online from home, due to not having time to make it out to classes. So far I'm finding the website a bit complicated, but I think I'm getting there

I have 6 stone to try and lose, and would welcome some support along the way! All the best guys

:welcome2: on board Jenkiis... we look forward to losing weight with you. xx

Welcome, Jenkiis! The more, the merrier! :) Sure you'll soon get the hang of things and, ask away if you ever need any help. I'm an on-line member too but usually only use it for Syn values - bit of a waste, really but still useful.

Minis is great and I'm sure you'll love it! :)

Kathy xx

Welcome from me too! Online member also, but as Kathy says apart from the syns feature occasionally then I don't use it much. I log my weight on there, but then I also do it here too, tbh had I found Minis before subscribing I probably never would have, to the point where I think I will cancel when the current one runs out :) Good Luck! Start a diary if you get a feel for it here it the best way for people to support you and to keep track :)

Hi another one from home. I've joined slimming world more times than I care to remember but now I'm at my heaviest. I joined online but haven't really followed due to family issues but now I'm ready. I have about 3 weeks left online and not sure if to carry on or go totally alone I'm gonna see how it goes with all the online support of minis Facebook and *********. Here's hoping this is the time !

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi another one from home. I've joined slimming world more times than I care to remember but now I'm at my heaviest. I joined online but haven't really followed due to family issues but now I'm ready. I have about 3 weeks left online and not sure if to carry on or go totally alone I'm gonna see how it goes with all the online support of minis Facebook and *********. Here's hoping this is the time !

Hello there :)

How about using the online site so you get back into the swing of things? There are lots of inspirational stories on there, with before and after pictures, There are lots of recipes too.

Good luck with your journey... I am sure you will do just fine.

Here's to a slimmer summer. XX

Welcome Jenkiis and Keegan!

Jenkiis well done on your first week' loss!

Keegan I agree with Pink, give online a good go for the three weeks you have left, then decide whether you need it or not going forward.

I do SW on my own at home these days but I've been doing it a long time lol and I've done both classes and online in the past.

4lbs off for me this week woop woop :)

Well done great loss ! I've logged in this morning and reset it all up. Off out for the day with the little one, will digest it all when he's in bed tonight xx

Hi ladies, I used to go to my local SW group, stopped for a few months to save for a holiday but now ready to get back on the wagon. Im thinking about joining SW online, can anyone tell me what you get as an online member? Are there forums/chatrooms to talk to other slimmers and consultants etc?

Well done Clair! Great loss!!

Hi Barbie Girl, there are no forums etc, this place is great for support though! Online you get access to recipes all the free foods, up to date HEXs via the food diary, syns online, track your progress and other things that can be helpful. That said you can do most of that here too :)

Back