DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yes, brought a couple myself from there :)

Well done Clair! Great loss!!

Hi Barbie Girl, there are no forums etc, this place is great for support though! Online you get access to recipes all the free foods, up to date HEXs via the food diary, syns online, track your progress and other things that can be helpful. That said you can do most of that here too :)

I agree with Gemsta, Barbie Girl. If I'd found Mini's before joining on-line, I wouldn't have bothered joining! You can get so much more support on here, plus recipes, advice, friendship and lots and lots of fun. Having said all that, I do keep re-subscribing but only because I do a recipe thread on here and use the on-line Syns info so I don't give out the wrong Syn values in the recipes. If you do subscribe on-line, be very careful to make a note of when it would be up for re-subscription because, if you don't renew in time, SW automatically does it for you at the more expensive rate! I've been caught out with this once before! : ( Good luck with whatever you decide to do and welcome to Minis. I'm sure lots of other people find SW on-line very useful. I just find Minis more so!! :D

Kathy xx

I am a SW newbie and have spend the evening browsing various post and threads and loving this forum. I have all the books so am going to try and do it myself from home, mainly as I'm going on hols in few weeks, but may join online once i'm back depending on how it goes. We have a weekly weigh at work so i still to face others but soooooo glad i have found such an informative and friendly site like this.

Feeling motivated :p

Welcome to you and good luck, ccpimax. Yes, it's a brilliant site! Don't know what I'd do without it! :)

That's good that you do a weigh in at work. Always good to be accountable to someone! Hope you enjoy your time with Minis.

Kathy x

Well done flashharry!

I've done SW and WW and attended groups. My daytime is busy and varied at present and can't attend a fixed class. I've been reading this forum and noted a lot of people doing it from home. I'd like to join, be inspired and inspire. I need to read about how it works here, logging in weights, and creating the lovely signatures!!

I've done SW and WW and attended groups. My daytime is busy and varied at present and can't attend a fixed class. I've been reading this forum and noted a lot of people doing it from home. I'd like to join, be inspired and inspire. I need to read about how it works here, logging in weights, and creating the lovely signatures!!

You will soon get the hang of it, just have a poke around on the 'My Profile' tab to add your stats. The tickers are easy too, but if memory serves you need so many posts before you can add those and profile pics. Get posting you'll soon get what you need this place is the best site going...hands down you will definitely be inspired :)

Welcome, Healthierlifestyle. :) Ditto to everything Gemsta said! You'll soon get the hang of this wonderful site and be amazed at all the brilliant threads, covering just about everything you can imagine. You will definitely be inspired and, I'm sure it won't be long, before you yourself are inspiring us!!

Look forward to hearing about your weight loss journey and, don't forget, if you ever need help or ideas, just ask and someone will pop up with the answer! :) Good luck.

Kathy x

Hi :) im going to be doing SW from home soon. Im getting a bit overwhelmed at the minute by all the information so going to take a day or so to find some cheap and quick recipes to plan ahead.

Any advice would be appreciated and look forward to trying some of the recipes I've seen on here. Tried the mushy pea curry last week and the SP soup and loved it.

Last edited:
Hi Barbie Girl. ccpimax, healthierlifestyle :)

I too have done both online and groups in the past, I think if you have the books and some knowledge in your head, with the help of Mini's forums, which are always so hugely positive and supportive, it's perfectly possible to go it alone :)

Hi everyone :)

I have just bought some 2015 Slimming World books and can't wait to start Slimming World from home. I am going to start tomorrow as I think I know enough basics and then hopefully my books will turn up soon.

Look forward to keeping up with this thread and getting all the support from you lovely people x

Hi Torilicious and welcome to Minis. If you do get stuck with anything, just ask and someone will help. Good luck! :)

Kathy x

Hi Torilicious, :welcome:to Mini's :)

went for dinner at a friends house last night, always tricky because you never now what you're going to get and I've been saving my syns all week. And they completely surprised and overwhelmed me by making the effort to cook a completely SW friendly and FREE meal! It was so lovely of them :) :)

Jerk style grilled chicken and bacon (no fat), boiled new potatoes, seasoned steamed kale, broccoli and carrots. It was lush :)

Welcome Torilicious! :)

How lovely of your friends Clair :) Funnily enough I did Kale last night..first time I've ever had it and it was lovely. I had to laugh at Ray though. I'd already eaten my dinner before he got in, as he was eating I asked him if he liked the kale, he said ''yes..it's lovely!............which bit is the kale?''..lol.. really made me laugh :)

Lol well at least he liked it :D

went for dinner at a friends house last night, always tricky because you never now what you're going to get and I've been saving my syns all week. And they completely surprised and overwhelmed me by making the effort to cook a completely SW friendly and FREE meal! It was so lovely of them :) :)

Jerk style grilled chicken and bacon (no fat), boiled new potatoes, seasoned steamed kale, broccoli and carrots. It was lush :)

I made some SW Jerk chicken last week, it was lovely and soooo spicy. What considerate friends you have. xx

Glad you had such a lovely, Syn Free time, Clair and, yes, to echo what Gemsta and Pink have said - what lovely friends. Oh yes, just think, you've lots of Syns available now too!!:happy036:

Back