DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hoping I can do this from home. I'm used to planning ahead and being organised with meals due to money constraints but often the cheaper food has been the worst kind and this truth hit home when I saw some pictures from a party and weighed myself for the first time in a year. At 15st6 I was at my heaviest ever last month and straight away started googling for healthier recipes, SW popped up most and here I am today at 14st9. Thats like 3 lbs a week since starting! So I'm more committed and tryna follow the plan, not just use some of the recipes, but still not got the pennies to join officially - luckily found most info needed on here already! Fiancé is also on board and we're set for the week. Will wait and post a diary when I know what we've eaten, rather than a plan of what we intend to eat ;)

Well done on the weight loss so far ChrisDeston. It's very doable from home and this is a nice friendly sub-group and Minimins as a whole are ideal for the support.
Have a great SW week. xx

welcome yahooo, ChrisDeston :)

As Pink said, it's very do-able from home!

Weigh in day for me today and STS for me this week. Hugely disappointed as it's been such a good week, I've been 100% on plan, and I've kept up my workouts as well, I'm now doing 5 x 35 minute work outs a week. In fact I had pretty much an identical week to last week when I lost 4lbs. I have been feeling bloated and sore since last night though, so I suspect it may be star week (I have a Merina Coil which stops all 'visible signs' so I can never tell). So it's chin up and hoping it shows on the scales next week. Onwards and downwards.

I've cancelled my online sub to SW today as I'm sure I can get to target with the support here :)

Welcome to anyone joining in since I last posted here :) And Clair I'm sure it's just a blip with * week, you've been doing fab of late :)

Last edited:
Welcome yahoo and Chris. Ditto to what the others have said. I am an on-line member but, to be honest, I signed up before coming across Mini's and I know I could just as easily go it alone, with the support from here. I only keep my sub going because I do a recipe thread and would hate to be giving out incorrect Syn values in the recipes I print. If you ever need to know any Syn values, or anything else for that matter, just ask and some one will be able to help you. This is such a lovely, friendly group of people. You've definitely come to the right place.

Good luck to you both and hope to be hearing lots from you in the future! :)

Kathy :welcome:

Decided to "do SW at home" I'm a very, very slow loser and regain so fast. Finding it very difficult to sit through Image Therapy week after week with very small losses or none at all. The consultant is really good and helpful, but for me "tweaking" a bit here and there just doesn't work. Also, now they do not encourage exercise which I NEED to do to lose. So jumping on here and hoping to give and get support. Thanks so much everyone :)

A big welcome to you, moideux! Great to have you on board! :welcome2: As lass321 said, we all support each other and swap ideas, information and advice, if needed. It's great! It was seriously my lucky day, when I stumbled across Mini's! I'd never even heard of it but I've never looked back. Absolutely brilliant and full of friendly, lovely people! I'm quite a slow loser too but, to be honest, it doesn't feel like a diet anyway. I always try to cook, at least, one new meal a week, then I don't get bored and I've definitely re-discovered my love of cooking. I wish you lots of luck and, if you're stuck with something, or just want a chat/moan, just tap away on here and someone will be there to listen and help you out.

Kathy x

Thank you soooo much for your lovely warm comments - feeling already "at home":thankyou: xx

Clair I'm sure it's just a blip with * week, you've been doing fab of late :)

Thanks Gemsta, was so disappointing. I managed to stay strong on Monday night thanks to all the lovely support on here, but I was out all day yesterday running a training course, it was a catered lunch, there was lasagne, and lemon drizzle cake.....so when I got home it seemed pointless to resist the chocolate biscuits! Oh dear. I then went to bed feeling sick and bloated and I still feel unwell today, so hopefully that will teach me for next time! Totally back on it today.

welcome moideux! :wavey:

Hello can i join please i've never been to a group before but im trying to work out all of the rules from the internet and get lots of extra easy recipes from there

Hi sunnyrae, welcome to mini's :)

this is a great place for support if you're going it alone, there's always someone here to help :)

There is a lot of information out there on the internet, but you're unlikely to find the whole plan in one place without being a member, and you'll have to piece it all together. If you've not done SW before it might be worth joining a group, just for one week, to get the up to date books and the new members talk. You can also find the books on ebay. Good luck!

Hello can i join please i've never been to a group before but im trying to work out all of the rules from the internet and get lots of extra easy recipes from there

Welcome, sunnyrae! :welcome2: What Clair advises is a very good idea. It'll make things much clearer and then you'll know what we're all rabbiting on about too! There's loads of good advice and friendly people on here so, if you're ever stuck, just ask away and someone will help.

Lots of luck to you and great you could join the wonderful world of Mini's! :grouphugg:

Kathy x

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good today, Clair. :( Don't worry about your blip. You've done so well, I'm sure you won't let that stand in your way. Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

Kathy xx

Hi everyone hope you are all well. I joined sw in march, I weighed in at 14s 6 1/2lbs now 6 weeks later I am 14s 9lbs. I need to stay on track as off to ladies day at Newmarket in July so really want to loose at least a stone. So here's hoping I manage to do so with support from here. As I have read through many of these posts it looks like a supportive group.:) xxxx

Thanks so much i bought a sw mag this week an loving all the recipes in it so far!!! I just dont really have the time to go to a class and there isnt one in my village :s

Hey trueblue, welcome.

Sunny, I don't have the time for class either, and tbh I don't want to spend money going to be weighed and get support on a weekly basis, when I can easily weigh myself and can get support 24/7 on here :).

Decided to "do SW at home" I'm a very, very slow loser and regain so fast. Finding it very difficult to sit through Image Therapy week after week with very small losses or none at all. The consultant is really good and helpful, but for me "tweaking" a bit here and there just doesn't work. Also, now they do not encourage exercise which I NEED to do to lose. So jumping on here and hoping to give and get support. Thanks so much everyone :)

Welcome on board Moideux :wavey:

Don't worry about being a slow loser, we are all here for the journey and as long as we keep trying, we will get there one day.

It has taken me ten years to get in the right headspace and lose 25 pounds... you can't get much slower than that lol.

I look forward to losing weight with you.

XX

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good today, Clair. :( Don't worry about your blip. You've done so well, I'm sure you won't let that stand in your way. Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

Kathy xx

Thank you Kathy :)

Back