Doing this for myself! Tatabubbly's wade through the pounds!

So today i had a fab day SW wise!

to start the day i had 2 x linda mc cartney sausages, tomatoes n mushrooms with a slice of whetan bread and a dollop of ketchup!! 4 syns

For lunch n snacks i had a banana, my two alpen bars HexB, a mint muller light and a can of diet pepsi!

dinner was some pasta with a vegetarian quorn bolagnaise sauce with loads of lentils in.

I'm not a massive meat eater so i wonder if i should be doing the red and green days??

Forgot to add in that I had 5 syns of sweets as well! Bums!

For a night snack I'm having pineapple and a alpen bar 4syns!
had a wooful day at work. Some dude was so obnoxious over the phone to me i even considered handing in my notice..

Last edited:
So today i had a fab day SW wise!

to start the day i had 2 x linda mc cartney sausages, tomatoes n mushrooms with a slice of whetan bread and a dollop of ketchup!! 4 syns

For lunch n snacks i had a banana, my two alpen bars HexB, a mint muller light and a can of diet pepsi!

dinner was some pasta with a vegetarian quorn bolagnaise sauce with loads of lentils in.

I'm not a massive meat eater so i wonder if i should be doing the red and green days??

Forgot to add in that I had 5 syns of sweets as well! Bums!

For a night snack I'm having pineapple and a alpen bar 4syns!
had a wooful day at work. Some dude was so obnoxious over the phone to me i even considered handing in my notice..

What are the Mint muller lights like? I've had a coconut one today at work....luuurrrvely ;) x

The mint ones are lush, and free as well!!

lunchtime i grabbed a few naughty syns and aquired a few sweeties off my sister - 6 syns

Then had some pineapple and an apple while at work.

Supper consisted of brown rice and a 3 syn (homemade curry).. got plenty of beansprouts, peppers, onions and tomatoes in.

I adore the asda value curry sauce. 76kcals per 100grm. Fabulous and it tastes like chip shop curry sauce. I made a massive pot of curry so its all there for the next few days.

Going to start doing green days i think. I'm not mad into eating meat but does the 1 syn = 20 kcals still remain on green days or is it different?

OKay, LOL I officially cannot cook SW chips!

I dunno what I'm doing wrong but they never turn out right!

So low down on today, sat about the house and got out on a short walk with doggie! Did a bit of DIY there on a cupboard in the house, I love superglue, it's my new best friend!

Brekkie : 2 LC sausages with tomatoes on 2 slices wholemeal bread with a dollop of ketchup (1 syn)

Tea at mums with 10.5 worth of syns on sweets! (got the syns off the packaging!!) Its just cos they were there!!! I should have saved my syns but never mind, there's always next time!

Lunch : chicken and mushroom p&s with peas, tomatoes and mushrooms added in. Twas absolutely devine and I will defo be trying this receipe again!

Dinner : leftover curry from lastnight (3.5 syns) and "SW chips" which were horrible and carrots and parsnips!

Wishing a fairy could come and cook some of my meals for me but seeing as I'm an emotional eater I think I've been doing well this week. Very down about my OH being away, he's not back for another 3 weeks but it'll be lovely to have him home. I'm hoping to get some of this weight shifted by the next time I see him!

For the shopping list tomoro, must grab some porraige oats or similar for brekkie!
To do, got lots of packing to do for going over to my new house!! Yay!

does the 1 syn = 20 kcals still remain on green days or is it different?

Hi tatabubbly! I have just read your diary and I love your determination despite the occasional slip ups, I definitely need to learn not to really beat myself up if I do go over my syn allowance and just pick myself up and carry on! lol.. At the moment I am being really good but over easter I really felt guilt and it got me feeling low when I had a few naughtys that I shouldn't have and then I find it hard to pick up where I left off before the slip up but your attitude to it is totally the right way to go! :)

Just a question about the calorie counting to determine syns as I have never gone by that before, were/or are you on Extra Easy? If your not do you know how many syns per calories for someone who is on EE? Also does it depend how much sugar and other ingredients is in the particular food etc or do they base it on calorie counting only?

Well done so far hun!! :clap:

Lilmiss, i did go to classes and did ee days as the consultant seemed to dwell on them. Yes, the 20kcals = 1 syn can be right in most cases but you need to check if there is a free allowance on that food. The syns value section here is fabulous and has the syns of nearly everything you'd need!

i'm a huge emotional eater and i find its all to do with breaking that cycle!! i try and leave my evening meal to later on cos then i'm full and stops me binging at night!!

wishing everyone well on their journey so far, hop on board the train to slim town!! ;-)

Well done you!! I love the Mullers and they are such a sweet fix for me when I'm itching to grab a naughty fix!! lol.. Right can you just explain very quickly what a free food allowance is, like give me an example ? Im sorry my brain has now gone to bed for the night and even the most simple of things are way too hard for me to cope with at this time of night! :doh: Will have to go to bed very soon! :zz:

Free foods, example potatoes, pulses, starchy veg, pasta, rice, quorn! you should always put one third superfree on your plate without even looking at your free foods so the plan can work!!

Oh I just didn't know what you meant by making sure that the food your synning hasn't got a free food value when working on the "1 syn = 20 cals"??

the 20kcals = 1 syn can be right in most cases but you need to check if there is a free allowance on that food.

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly, it seems it wasn't just the sleepy head I had last night but I really don't know how to word this question! :giggle:

Your grand lilmiss ;-)

had an epic day today.. Not SW wise but cleaning my new house out!! lol

So grabbed a banana this morning as well as one alpen bar.

Lunch was leftover veggie curry which is now all gone *sob* and a packet of crisps !! 10 syns.. 3.5 on the curry and 6.5 on the crisps!!

syn free dinner is on the way, quorn peppered steaks, potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and peas!!

For dessert there is some hartleys sugar free in the fridge with strawberrys on top for 2syns!! ya couldn't beat it!!

finding it hard to get the time to fit in my 3 meals a day, superfree and snacks but i'm sticking with it! i don't really see syns that are kept within the limit as downfalls but today is a perfect example on how i could have used 6.5 syns better!!

Since I have been doing Slimming World I've actually felt much more hungry and even when I eat its like I need to literally stuff my face to feel full! I feel like a right food monster at the moment!! lol. So I'm just making sure that I stuff myself with superfree and free foods! lol.. I wish I was trying to fit it all in and not holding myself back :hide: Thats me hiding from the kitchen! haha!! .. I must admit Its not usually bad in the mornings but its in the evening when I wind down and I start to relax.. Get comfy and start thinking of ....fooood glorious foood! :rolleyes:

I agree with the wasting of syns, I tend to do that without even realising so now I'm currently in the process of doing a book of syns and writing down the least value syn snacks etc to help me when choosing my syns wisely :checkmark:

Yumm Yumm I love eggs!! :) I especially love simple yet satifying eggs and mushrooms on toast with a side of beans!! Lush! :) xx I may have to have that tomorrow lunchtime! x I will be doing my meal plans this evening so I am going to have a brainstorm of Chicken dishes, fish dishes, curry dishes, rice etc etc so I am going to be one busy lady! lol..

Sorry I seem to be using your diary as my own sometimes!! haha.. I still havn't seen my intro post yet? Sniff :( x lol

Well done with the good attitude today, I am actually feeling alot more upbeat about my choices lately! Little mini yay moments for not touching something that would wipe out my syns like for instance having 1 glacier mint last night instead of 4 or 5! haha..
What are your plans for dinner today.. I am cooking a lovely sunday roast ! yummm!! Will be trying to do the SW roasties although can't say they will turn out as they should as havn't done them from scratch before! gulp... lol

Hey Lil miss and all,

Well I had a hectic day after such an easy start!

Finished off the LC sausages, eggs, 2 wholemeal slices, tomatoes and mushrooms for my brekkie this morning.

Lunch time was 2 bananas and an apple! Getting extra superfree in there!

Supper time, at my friends house so had a convience meal! God, I hate them! So I went for a weighwatchers frozen ocean pie.. 3.5 syns which isn't bad!

Then had my second hexb.. 2 alpen bars and my dessert of hartleys sugar free and strawberries for 2 syns *I THINK*

Delighted at myself today!! :)

Had a few cups of tea so I'm counting my milk as both HexAs.

Need to pull in the reigns with syns the next few days because I have a massive weekend ahead of me and I really really want to stick to the plan!

Lilmiss, I think you have to get 50 posts before you can start a food/weight diary but feel free to lounge about here *imaginary tea and non synned biscuits for all*

Hey ladies! So had my weigh in.. 78.5kg on my scales which is 173 pounds i think! delighted with myself!!

in celebration i am attempting SW chips again, along with a veggie burger and some veggie garnishing!! i also have some hebA left so gonna have a cheese topping!
On a good note, i got right back on the plan today after yesterdays jaffa cakes and fry. I suppose a girl needs to be able to cut loose sometimes!

Sorry I havn't been on for a few days, had to come away from MM's and get some housework done ! lol.. Well done tatabubbly for getting right back on track again and for your weight loss!! It feels great when you see your lower doesn't it! My weigh in thursday.. GULP! I have done everything right so I should have lost some! I hope so! :) x Didn't have my roast as I didnt get my food shop with my potatoes until today so will have it some point this week as today was pasta with onions, mushrooms, carrots and some garlic and onion sauce, Was quite scrummy but forgot to sprinkle a little grated cheese on there which would have made it all the more scrummy! lol..

Back