Doing what I said Id never do!!!

DmJ77

Hi everyone

I started my first ever meal replacement diet last August at 16stone 6pounds, by December i had got down to 12stone 7pounds using All About W8 and said I would NEVER go above 13stone EVER again. However, since Christmas I have been dipping in and out of packs (slim and save due to AAWs issues) and sitting at just under 13stone. For around 2 weeks I had been saying that I was going to get completely back on track with four packs a day this week (after a weekend away) but each day I have woken up and decided i've not been in the right frame of mind so another day will be fine.

Now i am concerned about two things - 1. I am now 13stone 4pounds and 2. Im starting to think that that day will never come.

Im not stupid, I know im the only one who can change this I just seem to have lost the motivation to, well, do anything really! Even whilst not on meal replacement I still exercised at least three times a week and believe this is why my weight stayed in check but this last week Ive not even done that - hence the 5pound gain. There are lots of things I could use as an excuse - if you're looking for one you'll find it - but excuses are what make you fat in the first place - so no more excuses!

This has to stop, I said all through my weight loss journey "why didnt I do something about this when I was half a stone, a stone or even two stone overweight, why did I weight until I was 5 stone overweight", so that is what I am going to do - get off my bottom and do what I know I need to do.

Whilst writing this I have declared tomorrow (i was away from home last night so have no packs for today - and that really isnt an excuse!!) as start day and actually feel quite motivated now Ive put my 'mental talking to' down in black and white.

Apologies for such a waffly post, certainly feels good to have written it down.

Have a good day
DmJ

Hi
I could have written what you wrote this morning.
I feel exactly the same way. I have been yo yo dieting for nearly two years now, I now way over eleven stone, when I had promised myself never to go over ten. I am a self saboteur.

I can stick for a little while,then I binge. This has lead to a gain. Like you, I am fed up now. None of my clothes fit. I feel uncomfortable. I just keep making excuses. This morning I thought, shall I wait till Monday and pig out over the weekend. Your post had motivated me though.

We can do this, we will do this.

I am going to avoid food completely and just do the four packs a day. I want to succeed this time.
I must stop procrastinating.

Good luck, I hope we can both , well all if us on here do this. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would suggest that you take the time to sit down adn write a list of the reasons you want to lose weight. Not the nice list you might tell someone else - but the real gritty nasty reasons. Write down where you want to get to and why. Be completely honest with yourself. This should help you to get focussed. Write a list of mini goals for on the way (some of mine were to lose each stone, to fit into a Karen Millen dress, to be able to wear a hotel bathrobe, to be able to zip up normal knee high boots...). Every week reassess where you are against your mini goals and celebrate the successes - pop on the forum and let us know or have a lovely hot bath or something!

Every time you find your focus wondering and you are tempted to have something off plan take out your list of reasons and really read them and think about what they say. If your reason for wanted to go off plan is stronger than those reasons for losing weight then do it - but I doubt that they will be. It's about being mindful of what you are doing and making the decision in your adult ego state - weighing the options and without emotion. If you can do that then you will lose weight and you will be a successful weight manager. Good luck!

DmJ77 said:
Hi everyone

I started my first ever meal replacement diet last August at 16stone 6pounds, by December i had got down to 12stone 7pounds using All About W8 and said I would NEVER go above 13stone EVER again. However, since Christmas I have been dipping in and out of packs (slim and save due to AAWs issues) and sitting at just under 13stone. For around 2 weeks I had been saying that I was going to get completely back on track with four packs a day this week (after a weekend away) but each day I have woken up and decided i've not been in the right frame of mind so another day will be fine.

Now i am concerned about two things - 1. I am now 13stone 4pounds and 2. Im starting to think that that day will never come.

Im not stupid, I know im the only one who can change this I just seem to have lost the motivation to, well, do anything really! Even whilst not on meal replacement I still exercised at least three times a week and believe this is why my weight stayed in check but this last week Ive not even done that - hence the 5pound gain. There are lots of things I could use as an excuse - if you're looking for one you'll find it - but excuses are what make you fat in the first place - so no more excuses!

This has to stop, I said all through my weight loss journey "why didnt I do something about this when I was half a stone, a stone or even two stone overweight, why did I weight until I was 5 stone overweight", so that is what I am going to do - get off my bottom and do what I know I need to do.

Whilst writing this I have declared tomorrow (i was away from home last night so have no packs for today - and that really isnt an excuse!!) as start day and actually feel quite motivated now Ive put my 'mental talking to' down in black and white.

Apologies for such a waffly post, certainly feels good to have written it down.

Have a good day
DmJ

Welcome DMJ you can do it this time, I'm sure you can xx

Thanks for the support guys and thanks for the advice Weasey - Im just off to make myself a porridge and write my list as you suggest.

Im not a great one for forums,blogs and things but will come back to let you know how im doing.

Keep up the good work everyone and thanks again for the replies
DmJ

I'm off to do a list too. Hope all is going well dmj :).

How are you getting on dmj? I restarted yesterday after gaining over a stone im soooo mad at myself but i cant keep beating myself up about it, i just decided i needed to do something about it, rather than keep moaning whilst stuffing my face! I was like you i kept coming up with excuses as to why i couldnt restart but then when i topped the scales at 13.1 after getting down to 11.5lbs that was it for me i promised myself i would never go back into the 12s let alone the 13s so thats it goal here we come! two stone to shift to target now and 9lbs to get me back to 11.5lbs! its all goooooooooo!!!

Back