Dolly's Mission of Mass Reduction

Dolly_

Hi all!

I will try to keep this short and sweet.

Over the past few years my weight has fluctuated massively. A combination of late night study sessions (with a bag of haribo), catch ups with the girls and a bottle or two of wine and a takeaway, living away from home and reaching for the convenient meal option and succumbing to the many temptations on offer around Campus at University. During my PGCE year this year, I came to rely far too much on the sugar pick me up and I saw my weight hit an all time high of 14st 9lb and when my jeggings (yes, elastic waisted jeggings let alone tight denim :eek:) became too tight I realised just how big I had let myself become.

I have been following the Slimming World plan at home since April and have lost almost half of my 5st 2 target, but I have been a bit slack lately and not sticking 100% to plan :rolleyes:. Having read the forums for advice and recipe ideas before I thought I would bite the bullet and join!

Although I am going on holiday in 11 days and I'm still a long way off goal, I feel much better about the prospect of hitting the beach than I did 10 weeks ago. As I am self-catering, I plan to stick to EE and Original plans to continue working towards my September goal when I take up my first teaching post.

So, here's my food diary and general ramblings on my journey to goal :D

I'm off shopping today to buy some last bits for my holiday, so have planned ahead to make sure that I stay on track.

Red Day

B: Wholemeal toast (HeB), scrambled egg, mushrooms, tomatoes.
L: Fruit salad (To eat in the sunshine at the park mid shop)
D: Chicken Salad

Sn: Milk (HeA), apple

I will update any changes and my syns later on today.

Have a good day :) x

Good luck with your journey and well done with your losses so far! You sound really determined, no way I could stick to it on holiday lol. Have a good day shopping xx

Good luck with your journey and well done with your losses so far! You sound really determined, no way I could stick to it on holiday lol. Have a good day shopping xx

Thank you and thanks for taking the time to read my diary! I'm hoping to stick with it at much as possible on holiday (my graduation is a week after I get home and those robes aren't flattering ha!) x

Morning,

I didn't really have time to update yesterday but I did have a freddo with a coffee as my syns for the day. So yesterday finished up as:

Thursday: Red Day

B: Wholemeal toast (HeB), scrambled egg, mushrooms, tomatoes.
L: Fruit salad (To eat in the sunshine at the park mid shop)
D: Chicken Salad

Sn: Milk (HeA), apple, freddo (5 syns)

I was really pleased that I stayed on plan yesterday as I was out with friends and then was helping with the kids all evening, which usually involves sweets.
I've been trying to up my exercise too. Yesterday I did Level 1 and 2 of the 30 Day Shred, a day of walking around the shops (that counts as body magic-right? ;)) and an hour of badminton. Just deliberating on what to have for breakfast. I think plenty of fruit and veg and water needs to be on the agenda as I can feel a skin breakout on the way, just in time for the weekend ahhh!

Hope you've all got that Friday feeling? Have a fab day x

Busy busy day yesterday but I was 100% on plan so happy with that. I've been keeping up with doing Level 1 and 2 of the 30 day shred each day- updating this as I'm cooking my post workout bruch.

Food Diary from Friday is:

Red Day

B: Branflakes (HeB) milk (HeA) and blueberries
L: Fruit Salad: watermelon, kiwi, nectarine
D: Steamed Soy and Spring Onion Salmon with Stir Fry Vegetables

Snacks: Carrots, grapefruit and a mini bar of Green and Black's 80% chocolate (4 syns)

I'm quite low on syns this week as I go on holiday next weekend and have a mid-week catch up planned in the middle of next week- so I won't feel guilty tucking in to my Nando's or having a glass of wine or two.

Today is a jobbing around the house day and ticking off lists for going away. I managed to get myself out of bed early to do my 30 Day Shred workout, it's a good job I was only in the front room and not the gym as I realised at the end of my workout that my trousers were inside out. Note to self: don't get dressed in the dark and half asleep. I'm starting to notice the difference in days, I think that I'm carrying less water too as I have just finished my star week.

I'm sticking to a red day again today as I find these boost my losses and I would like a good WI result this week. Instead of Thursday WI it will be Friday as I will be away at my friend's house.

Today's meal Plan

Saturday: Red Day

Brunch: Ham, Mushroom and Tomato Ommelette with toast (HeB)
D:
Peppered Steak, Salad, Baby corn and mange tout

Snacks:
Total 0% greek yoghurt (I am obsessed with this at the minute!), watermelon, nectarines and grapefruit (Can't get enough of these at the minute either!), milk (HeA)
I will update with the rest of today's food later on. Hope you all have an amazing Saturday xx

Last edited:
Gooood morning!

I feel like I have woken up a new woman this rainy Sunday morning... No hangover or need for a cup of tea before dragging my sorry butt downstairs to curl up in a ball feeling sorry for myself and vowing never to drink again- I woke up with the urge to exercise! So... level 1 and 2 of the 30 Day Shred are done! I struggled with some of the strength moves this morning, I don't know it that was because it was early in the day or day 4 is starting to take it's toll.

I'm off to get the last bits I need for my holiday this afternoon, then I'm all set to pack. I need to do the food shop as well, but think I'll make a plan for the week to make sure I can stick at it 100%.

I'm doing a red day again today as I am hoping for a big loss this week as I've done lots of exercise, drank tons of water, filled up on lots of fruit and veg and tried to have low syns- I just hope it pays off.

Breakfast this morning was poached eggs on toast (HeB), mushrooms and grapefruit. Delicious! Grapefruit seems to be the latest fruit obsession, the citrus is so refreshing first thing in the morning. Will update later on xx

Morning Dolly I thought I would come and get some ideas from you to!
Where you going for your holiday?
My fella is at uni studying to be a teacher, just finished his 2nd year. What age do want to teach? I start my studies in sept with the open uni, I'm going to do a BA honours in childhood and youth studies. Enjoy your Sunday! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Dolly I thought I would come and get some ideas from you to!
Where you going for your holiday?
My fella is at uni studying to be a teacher, just finished his 2nd year. What age do want to teach? I start my studies in sept with the open uni, I'm going to do a BA honours in childhood and youth studies. Enjoy your Sunday! X

Afternoon Lucy,

I hope you've enjoyed your Sunday so far?
I'm not sure there will be much recipe information this week, I'm doing the basics with lots of fruit and veg (and lower syns) to maximise my loss pre-holiday. I will have more time to experiment in the kitchen when I get back :D

Ah fabulous, does he enjoy it? What year is he training to teach? I have just completed my PGCE in Secondary English so I'll be teaching 11-19 :)
I bet you can't wait to get stuck in to your degree in September can you? x

Gooood morning!

I feel like I have woken up a new woman this rainy Sunday morning... No hangover or need for a cup of tea before dragging my sorry butt downstairs to curl up in a ball feeling sorry for myself and vowing never to drink again- I woke up with the urge to exercise! So... level 1 and 2 of the 30 Day Shred are done! I struggled with some of the strength moves this morning, I don't know it that was because it was early in the day or day 4 is starting to take it's toll.

I'm off to get the last bits I need for my holiday this afternoon, then I'm all set to pack. I need to do the food shop as well, but think I'll make a plan for the week to make sure I can stick at it 100%.

I'm doing a red day again today as I am hoping for a big loss this week as I've done lots of exercise, drank tons of water, filled up on lots of fruit and veg and tried to have low syns- I just hope it pays off.

Breakfast this morning was poached eggs on toast (HeB), mushrooms and grapefruit. Delicious! Grapefruit seems to be the latest fruit obsession, the citrus is so refreshing first thing in the morning. Will update later on xx

I realise that I am replying to myself here but thought it would save me mixing up posts.

Red Day again today:

B: Poached eggs on toast (HeB), mushrooms and grapefruit
L: Chicken Salad and Watermelon
D: Beef Roast: lean beef, carrots, cabbage, broccoli and butternut squash mash
Chocolate covered strawberries (Small bar of Green and Blacks dark chocolate- 4 syns)

Sn: milk (HeA), carrots, cucumber,

I'm yet to eat my Chocolate covered strawberries...saving them for when my Sunday roast has settled and I my Sunday evening sweet tooth kicks in!

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday evening x

Afternoon Lucy,

I hope you've enjoyed your Sunday so far?
I'm not sure there will be much recipe information this week, I'm doing the basics with lots of fruit and veg (and lower syns) to maximise my loss pre-holiday. I will have more time to experiment in the kitchen when I get back :D

Ah fabulous, does he enjoy it? What year is he training to teach? I have just completed my PGCE in Secondary English so I'll be teaching 11-19 :)
I bet you can't wait to get stuck in to your degree in September can you? x

A chilled afternoon thanks. His course is early years education, he wants to teach foundation/reception.
I am so eager to start, can't wait! I'm looking to work with children with SEN or in a hospital as play therapist, we shall see long way off that yet!!!!
And enjoy your chocolate strawberries!!!

A chilled afternoon thanks. His course is early years education, he wants to teach foundation/reception.
I am so eager to start, can't wait! I'm looking to work with children with SEN or in a hospital as play therapist, we shall see long way off that yet!!!!
And enjoy your chocolate strawberries!!!

I bet it is really rewarding. You sound like you have a good plan of what you want to do though- it's always good to have that in mind for study motivation :) I'm planning on doing an Masters in Inclusive Education and Special Educational Needs- planning for a range of learners needs is a really rewarding part of the job I find.

My chocolate strawberries were heavenly thank you, although I would have swapped for your dessert yesterday- it looked heavenly! Hope you've had a good start to the week x

Happy Monday Slimming Worlders, hope you have all had a good start to the week.

I've had a lovely day out with the dog in the sunshine today and have just finished level 1 and 2 of the 30 day shred.

Food today has been delicious so far:

Red Day

B:
Porridge oats (HeB), strawberries, blueberries and a cherry muller light followed with a ruby grapefruit
L: Ham Salad
D: Frittata

Sn: Watermelon (£2 at ASDA at the minute and they are really sweet and ripe), Strawberries, milk (HeA)

I will add syns on later. I have noticed a change in my shape this week so I'm hoping that my plan of maximising fruit and veg and doing a week on low syns will pay off on weigh in day!

Have a good evening everyone x

Happy Monday Slimming Worlders, hope you have all had a good start to the week.

I've had a lovely day out with the dog in the sunshine today and have just finished level 1 and 2 of the 30 day shred.

Food today has been delicious so far:

Red Day

B:
Porridge oats (HeB), strawberries, blueberries and a cherry muller light followed with a ruby grapefruit
L: Ham Salad
D: Frittata

Sn: Watermelon (£2 at ASDA at the minute and they are really sweet and ripe), Strawberries, milk (HeA)

I will add syns on later. I have noticed a change in my shape this week so I'm hoping that my plan of maximising fruit and veg and doing a week on low syns will pay off on weigh in day!

Have a good evening everyone x

Sounds like a great day! Lovely to notice your weight loss other than on the scales! X

Sent from my iPhone
1st weigh in 24/6/13 -1lb (-57lb)

Back