Dolly's never ending battle....

MISSLSR

Gold Member
Hey,

Anyone else really struggle to control food binges? I'm honestly not even sure what prompts me to start but all I know is that once I let a morsel of food passed my lips when I am in binge mode I literally cannot stop myself.

This week I have gone to bed 3 nights in a row feeling physically sick and mentally drained with my complete lack of willpower.

I want to lose weight.
I want to be healthy.
I want to feel confident.
I want to feel comfortable.

I know that my issue with food is holding me back but I can't control myself.

I'm so angry at myself right now, I wish I could get this under control, I don't want to be controlled by food for the rest of my life.

Dxxx

Hi Dolly

I have been a member of mini’s for years & years but never post, however I didn’t want to read & run.

Just wanted to say that you are not alone with your binging - I have an absolutely terrible relationship with food & definitely lose control around it. I can go a couple of weeks at the most eating ‘normal’ but then out of nowhere I will get the urge & I literally cannot stop eating.

Like you I then get upset & angry with myself, which in turn leads to binging again & the cycle continues. I am positive that if I didn’t binge then I would be a normal healthy weight.

Dieting set the cycle off for me & still is the cause of it now. I will decide to start a diet tomorrow then eat well for a couple of days then decide I would prefer to follow a different diet then spend the next day or two binging ready to start my new diet - if that makes sense! I don’t seem to be able to stop this cycle. Luckily I don’t seem to gain any weight, I have somehow managed to stay the same weight for quite a few years however I do need to lose at least 2 1/2 stone.

I would love to have a normal relationship with food. I do feel this is getting better but I have a long way to go.

Good luck Dolly - I am always around reading so give me a shout if you want to talk about it. Let’s both make this the year that we control the food & not let the food control us.

I will decide to start a diet tomorrow then eat well for a couple of days then decide I would prefer to follow a different diet then spend the next day or two binging ready to start my new diet.

Oh my word that sounds very familiar! That was me until Jan 18 when I rejoined SW and for some strange reason have stuck with it.

I do still have binges, have lost and gained the same half stone since Christmas! But overall I feel like I've got things more in control and am eating healthily - most of the time.

I'm not advocating SW, I know it's not for everyone - but I've made friends at my group and I think that's the key for me, I look forward to seeing them, I know I'm not alone in this bloody awful struggle with food, and it also helps that I've lost over 5 stone so far - nearly halfway :).

Here for you Dolly, whatever you decide, hun xx

I've weighed this morning and I am the same weight I was in January :classic_frown:

What a waste of time, I could be at my goal weight right now if I just stopped giving up then starting again.

I am now determined to only see these numbers going down until I get to a healthy weight.

Dxxx

My 2018 Weight Loss
16.0 - 224 - 7lbs
15.7 - 217 - 14lbs
15.6 - 215 - 5%
15.0 - 210 - 21lbs
14.7 - 203 - 28lbs
14.7 - 203 - 10%

Restart 15.04.19

My Mini Goals
14.0 - 196 - 35lbs
14.0 - 196 - 15%
13.7 - 189 - 42lbs
13.0 - 182 - 49lbs
13.0 - 182 - 20%
12.7 - 175 - 56lbs
12.2 - 170 - 25%
12.0 - 168 - 63lbs
11.7 - 161 - 70lbs
11.5 - 159 - 30%
11.0 - 154 - 77lbs
10.7 - 147 - 84lbs
10.7 - 147 - 35%
10.0 - 140 - GOAL

Dxxx

Same with me Dolly, yoyoed back and forth since Christmas.

The big difference for me lately has been changing my job (a bit drastic I know lol) from a food charity, where there was temptation everywhere! so I've been able to focus much more and started losing weight again.

Are you keeping a food diary? I find it incredibly helpful to see what I'm eating and when, and what the binge triggers are.

I am going to start today.

I've just had my first product of the day which was a Honeycomb shake, it is disgusting :classic_confused: I am going to have them all day today, tomorrow and possibly Wednesday too. I just need to get them down the hatch and out of the way.

I also refuse to throw them out cos that's a waste of money :classic_tongue:

Dxxx

I just wanted to thank you both. ‘Confessing’ to my binge eating problems & knowing that I am not alone with my erratic eating must have really struck a cord with me!

I joined weight watchers just after having this discussion on here & I am 16lb down in 7 weeks but more importantly I have not binged once! I know it’s early days yet but my mindset seems to have completely changed. I have stopped eating the rubbish that makes my feel rubbish & am totally enjoying what I am eating. But what is better is how I feel, I have energy - this is a better buzz than any chocolate bar.

Hope you are both doing well - come on we have got this 😊

Back