Done before she's one

Thanks :) not tired now but I'm sure I will be when I reach a classroom!

Meant to say this the other day, I had no idea that when you get draught diet coke in a pub it's not syn free! I don't really drink anyway but I'll need to remember to get cans if I do. Is that common knowledge and I've just missed it?

Getting a bit annoyed with clothes at the mo. My maternity jeans are too big and my "normal" jeans are too small and I'm certainly not spending money on a pair I'll not fit in a couple of weeks (hopefully) but pushing a pram and pulling up your jeans isn't that easy!

Yeah I found that out at a sw class I try and ignore it because im usually choosing to ignore the vodka in the drink aswell ;)

Have you thought about looking in charity shops?? There are always jeans in there which aren't too expensive :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks :) not tired now but I'm sure I will be when I reach a classroom!

Meant to say this the other day, I had no idea that when you get draught diet coke in a pub it's not syn free! I don't really drink anyway but I'll need to remember to get cans if I do. Is that common knowledge and I've just missed it?

Getting a bit annoyed with clothes at the mo. My maternity jeans are too big and my "normal" jeans are too small and I'm certainly not spending money on a pair I'll not fit in a couple of weeks (hopefully) but pushing a pram and pulling up your jeans isn't that easy!

You might not wear them but I LOVE leggings!!! Perfect clothes for dieting cos they just stretch to fit whatever your shape is..... So comfy and I just throw on a loose top and pair of hi tops or sandals on a nice day... i must have around 20 pairs of them!!! Plus they're so comfortable for playing with the kids, altho I know your little one is still a little small for playing :)

Charity shops is a good idea, I'll check them out. I've just spent my Tesco Clubcard vouchers on baby cowboy boots so I'll have to pick them up so I'll see if I can get a cheapo pair in Tesco even.

Laura, I wore leggings with short dresses/long tops before I was pregnant but I think they make me look even more huge than I am now which is odd 'cause I always felt huge in jeans before! I'm not sure why I'm so bothered about it since I spend most of my days in my jammies!

Well they're not as comfy as they should be but I'm in my pre-baby jeans today - woop!

Had a good night last night with the baby but I'm being punished for it today, she's not gone for a proper sleep since 7am which means I've been unable to do anything - food so far has been an Alpen light.

Planning a chicken salad for lunch and lemon chicken with wedges for dinner. Going to meet Joe after work so he can buy trainers (not really sure why I'm going if I'm honest!) so if he manages to convince me to go out for dinner I'll push for a nandos to keep syns low. He's supposed to be on the plan with me but had an Indian last night so he's clearly not all that serious about it - I can't force him though, hopefully he'll see me get results and want to do it.

Baby currently asleep on my arm, fingers crossed this is it!

Salad done, 2 syns for croutons and 2.5 syns for dressing. I'll get a fat free dressing when this one is finished but I'm not chucking it for the sake of it. Had my hexa of cheese as well.

Need to concentrate on drinking more water. When I came out of hospital I was drinking loads (partly cause I was scared of peeing - tmi I know but it stings like hell!) but I've kinda fell away the last week or so.

Another 3.5 syns for a packet of salt & vinegar shapers from boots, still being reasonably sensible!

Last edited:
Ended up going to Harvester for dinner. Had rump steak & jacket potato with salad. I can't find the syns online for it but the same meal would be free in Wetherspoons so I don't imagine it'd be more than my 7 leftover syns.

Explained to Joe that I'm really serious about SW this time and I need to do it. Made some good choices this week (kfc aside) but just need to keep it up.

B - Alpen light
L - Chicken salad with croutons (2) and dressing (2.5)
Snack - Boots shapers crisps (3.5)
D - Steak & jacket potato

Friend came to visit today so we're at wetherspoons for lunch - such a lady of leisure! - Going for the sweet chili noodles with a diet pepsi for just 1 syn. I knew it was low syn so I ordered it and then checked, thrilled with how low lol, glad I didn't add the chicken though for an extra 9 syns!

Eilis is having a sleep in her pram with us to let her daddy watch the football in peace. Normally I'd be watching too but really haven't been arsed lately.

Wanted to have lemon chicken for dinner but by the time I got home it'd be too late to make it before mass. Just got the baby to sleep as well and it's almost time to go!

Anyway, had sweet & sour out of a jar so that's 5.5 syns so used 6.5 so far. Might have a glass of irn bru tonight with my 2nd Alpen if I fancy it but won't just for the sake of it.

Baby's first mass tonight so fingers crossed she behaves. She likes hearing singing though so she should be okay, just hope the church isn't too cold for her.

At my grans for dinner today which makes it more difficult to stay on plan. Had chicken & black bean sauce which is probably ridiculous syns but Eilis woke up so I only had a tiny bit which is probably for the best.

Had a triangle of toblerone which I'm sure isn't low in syns either lol. Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow - hoping for 3lb but I'll take anything!

I really find the hardest thing is eating at other peoples' houses cos you don't want to offend them by not eating especially if they have out in alot of effort....

Doesn't seem like you got to eat too much with the little woman anyway... maybe she knows mammy is trying hard and wanted to lend a hand :D

Haha totally, she's well on board - restricts my eating all the time!

She had an awful night last night, well - more that I had an awful night! Couldn't cope at 5am and totally broke down. Joe phoned in sick to work today as well 'cause I was so useless. Hopefully we'll have a better night tonight and it was just a one off.

Went to tgi's for lunch - we really need to stop eating out! - I had cheesy potato skins and then steak & veg. Not ideal but could have been worse.

At weigh in now, 4lb off which makes it a stone since I started weighing - woohoo!

WOW Well done!!!! 4 lbs!! That's brilliant xxxx

Don;t get too caught up over having a mini breakdown last night, it happens the best of us lol.... I'm sorry to say it probably won't be your last one but you'll know what to expect now....It's because you're so tired... it's just catching up with you... plus you've taken on alot with college aswell so don't be too hard on yourself... just get plenty of rest today while Joe is home and set yourself up for tonight,,, try get to bed as soon as baby does, even if it is early... cos you never know when she is gonna hit a bad night... xxx

Thanks Laura, it's good to know that I'm not the only one. I know it sounds daft but I suppose this is the bit of being a mum that you don't see other people go through so you just presume they're coping fine when they could easily be sobbing at 5am as well!

Had a calmer night last night. Didn't get much sleep all in but at least we were calm. She's very snuffly when she's lying on her back though which I think is causing most of the problem. Brought her into bed with me this morning (I know, I know!) and got about an hour sleep, fed her and then she was sick all over my bed - that's what I get I suppose! She seems to have settled in her moses basket for just now but I have the hairdryer on (she likes it, I dunno why!) and I'm scared to turn it off now lol.

Fingers crossed for no slip ups this week like my KFC last Tuesday, I really need to get a shop done though 'cause I'm running low on good stuff - particularly fruit and alpen bars - which is just asking for trouble. Will go to Tesco on my way home from college tonight, will be pretty tired but it needs done, hoping for another 3lb off this week to get my half stone in class.

Yea that's so true.... definitely need to stock up to stay out of trouble.. I did my shopping yesterday evening, was so tired but was so glad when I had it all done and put away!! My supermarket doesn't stock Alpen Light bars tho which is pretty crap cos you can have 2 of those as HEB so had to make do with the Kellog's chewy delight which are nice too but you can only have 1 as the HEB...!! I need to go to a supermarket out of town and stock up on the Alpen ones...

Don't panic about bringing your little one to bed for an hr.... my little girl was my first and when her daddy used to get up for work, she would wake up and I'd bring her into bed, give her her bottle and she'd sleep on my arm for another hour or two, it was Heaven :) ... plus they are only that small for such a short length of time that you need to enjoy it whenever you can.... just make sure that you hold her in a position that would make it difficult for you to move if you fell asleep.... I usually had her lying in the the middle of my arm (inside of my elbow) with my arm outstretched and that stopped me from moving when we were both dozing :)

Just remember that there's no right or wrong way when you're managing your little one, do whatever works for ye and forget what the book says..... and if she does get into a bad habit then it will only take a couple of days of doing something different to break that habit again.... at the moment making sure that ye are both sleeping well is a priority, the rest will fall into place!! :D

She's having a nightmare with this snuffly nose, I'm giving her saline drops to hopefully help but I'm not sure how much good they're doing.

Made garlic mushrooms for lunch out of the freezer. Eilis woke up just as they were ready and they're vile anyway - that's what I get for straying from plan I suppose! Not sure what plan b is!

I loveeee garlic mushrooms!!! Really miss them, must see if there is a SW way of doing them!!

I have my weigh in this evening... really hope I have lost at least 2lbs, have been very good this week... didn't drink as much water as I would have liked but drank about 1.25 litres most days... considering I HATE water that's good :).... even managed a trip to mcdonalds and had a salad instead of a big mac but we'll see!!! Have 10 pounds gone at the min, 4 more for my first stone, that will be the most I've lost ''dieting'' than ever before!

Won't be able to stay for class tonight cos my friend is home from Oz for a week so going to catch up with her, its a 3 hr round trip for myself and another friend so we're going for a chinese when we get there... CANNOT WAIT!! Seeing as it's WI day i'll be eating less anyway (ridiculous I know but makes me feel better lol) so I'll be dying for a munch by the time we get to meet her.... really can't wait to see her :)

This morning I'm just having an apple and cereal bar, then some soup from the cafe across the street from work (no bread) then my WI is at 5.30pm.... then I'm gonna stuff my face in the chinese lol.... ah well:)

Hope everyone's doing well xxx

Back