Done brill but gained!

laurenmXD

So today was my wiegh in day, (my second weigh in)and i was so excited because i have been doing so well, although when i stood on the scales i had gained 1lb ! what!?!?!
I am so annoyed because i have been doing so well! i have stuck within my calorie range and done 30 - 60 mins of excersize a day!
Where am i going wrong?
Its so disheartening !

Have i gained because i have done excersize or what?

Sorry for the rant guys just needed to get it off my chest and as i cant scream to anyone at home it gets written on here.
Sorry,
Laurenm x:cry:

is it the first week you've exercised? as i've just started exercising and didn't lose for a couple of weeks. I'm not an expert but from what i've been told when you first start exercising you muscles retain fluid which takes a couple of weeks to sort out. x

is it the first week you've exercised? as i've just started exercising and didn't lose for a couple of weeks. I'm not an expert but from what i've been told when you first start exercising you muscles retain fluid which takes a couple of weeks to sort out. x

Yes it is my first week properly excerisizing, and its only my second week at calorie counting. And yess i have heard that, i just hope that its true. I still think im going to carry on what im doing cos the excersize is good for me. its just annoying cos on all other diets i have always had good weight losses in the first few weeks.
Well i will carry on going :) and thankyou and good luck, your doing great! x

Yes it is my first week properly excerisizing, and its only my second week at calorie counting. And yess i have heard that, i just hope that its true. I still think im going to carry on what im doing cos the excersize is good for me. its just annoying cos on all other diets i have always had good weight losses in the first few weeks.
Well i will carry on going :) and thankyou and good luck, your doing great! x

Thanks, i keep thinking to myself, ok it might come off slower with exercise but at least whats left will be muscle and not fat...

Well thats what people keep telling me Donzy, which is good, i would defo rather have muscle than fat and loose skin. fingers crossed that in a few weeks it will start coming off whilst i am excersizing. :) x

There's loads of reasons you can show a gain :( but if you know you've eaten well and exercised then I promise it's not real weight. Just keep on doing what your doing. And get the tape measure out!! It's a much better guide to what your body's doing.

Weight fluctuations are totally beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals lol. My scales are showing a 5lb loss in 48hrs which is technically impossible at my weight an cal intake. And I've been known to gain 6lb from one bottle of wine :( so altho I do still get grumpy at the scales I try not to stress these days!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Everything legomom said is what I would have said. Don't be disheartned, it won't be true weight. :)

Its sooo nice to hear comments like this from all of you. i just get so down when i see a gain and not a loss. but thanks to all you lot i have strated thinking more posotive and have done really well today and hopefully my week will stay the same. thankyou so much everyone! x

It's weird isn't even when we know it's impossible that we have put on even an ounce of fat, an upward movement on the scales can send us into despair! lol:)

My suggestion when the scales let you down is to measure yourself. There is every posibilty that you have lost inches when the pounds have let you down. :)

I measure myself, but really I don't think you can do that more than once a month. This last month I lost one inch of certain areas, that would barely have registered if I'd measured every week, but at the end of the month I am dead pleased with a whole inch off.

I can't explain why sometimes, particuarly at the start of weight loss plans, people don't lose. But it appears to be very very common. It happened to me too. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, and it won't last. If the scale won't budge for weeks on end (and I mean 4 or 5 weeks), it's time to review what you're doing and maybe check out any possible underlying causes with your doc. Other than that we all just have to feel the disappointment and keep going. Chin up!

Thankyou :) at least i kept going because before if i saw a gain i would give up and go on a full on binge! so quite happy i didnt. will keep trying, and i know what im eating now is better for me so in a way no matter what im making healthier choices for me :)

Thankyou :) at least i kept going because before if i saw a gain i would give up and go on a full on binge! so quite happy i didnt. will keep trying, and i know what im eating now is better for me so in a way no matter what im making healthier choices for me :)

Thats my girl!!! ;):)

Well done so far!! you're doing great i wouldn't take that as a true reading its most likely because your exercising!! good luck for next week i'm sure the scales will once again be your friend :)

CherrySummer I'm sure you won't mind me saying that your avatar is revolting. :jelous: It's a great motivator, isn't it?

Thankyou all of you :D x

CherrySummer I'm sure you won't mind me saying that your avatar is revolting. :jelous: It's a great motivator, isn't it?

It makes me feel so much better when i only lose a lb :D

Nova im the same i have to weigh every day without fail haha!! yes i love my lb of fat hehe keeps me in line :D

I use to weigh myself morning and night. Not good at all! although i have been sticking to just once a week now lol thankyou everyone :D this site and all you lot really help me :D

Back