dongles

ninnins

SW ROCKS!
Anyone have a dongle? If so what network and is it any good?

I have a 3 one which for the last 1-2months has been driving me mad! It either doesnt connect properly or connects then in the middle of something disconnects and takes about 10 attempts to reconnect. Ive had it for over a yr and a half and its only recently been playing up like this.

My contract ends this summer-any recommendations with what to change to?

Oh and I dont have a landline which is why I had to go with 3 at the time. dunno if anyone else does it without a landline now?

I never had a dongle, I am with talk talk and there have been no problems but virgin look like they have a good deal if your interested in a line, the net and tv :)

I've found it depends very much on where you are how well it works. I've been away overnight and the connection has been as slow as a week in the jail. At my mums it's not bad. At my own place it's as fast as broadband. If you're not getting a great speed I'd shop around for good coverage. With the right coverage they can be brilliant x

Whatever you do, don't change to a T-Mobile dongle! I switched from 3 to T Mobile and have regretted it ever since. It is unbelievably slow and the network tends to go down regularly in my area. And when you ring customer services they are the most unhelpful bunch of people I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Thank heavens my contract expires next month!

its a usb device that gives you mobile broadband. u just stick it in and hey presto interweb-well when it decides 2 work that is!

I'm Vodaphone payg but got one of the older ones that give you 6 months in which to use your credit, they are 30 day now. Had no probs with reception though at all.

I have a vodafone contract 3GB £15 a month, I don't use it anymore but my brother does and pays me.
Coverage is excellent and connection is good... however he recently went a tiny bit over his 3g and had to pay £30! The guy from Vodafone was amazed when I phoned,because he had just gone over the allowance! but apparently by going over he effectively 'bought' another 3GB!!!!

So whatever you do ask questions and find out the in and outs.

ninnins thanks for that, but where do you stick it in lol sorry but i have been out of the UK for 12 years and returning in July for good and need to catch up
xx

Roz & I use Vodaphone payasugo dongles and have been very pleased, but we only use them for surfing, e-mails (and MiniMimins), NOT for downloads - it would be too expensive. Coverage generally is good, but in some locations it drops out, and sometimes we cannot get a 3G connection, only the slower GPRS. However we paid £40 (which included £15 worth of capacity) each for them last summer, and have only had to top up one (all done on line) with £15. And there is no contract. When our Tiscali home broadband went down for a weekend, we just plugged in the dongles and carried on! Have a look at the Vodaphone website.
Roz's hubby (target member for over a year!)

just in the usb port-you know where you wud stick a memory stick in? or the lead to connect an ipod

Back