Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

You need the fake away book so you can have a sw friendly takeaway or go for low syn options....beef in mushroom is 4.5 and have it with boiled rice, chicken in mushroom is 5.5. You can have the pop and the chocolate if you syn it.

Sounds like my next buy is fakeaways then! I'm out of pepsi max which I usually keep in because it's free but chocolate requires a trip to the shops because it's not safe to have in! Got sw chips going atm and going to add quorn sausages, beans and veg. Lots of comfort food but all free so hopefully it does the trick! First time I've really wanted takeaway since starting - I want sweet and sour chicken!

Sounds like my next buy is fakeaways then! I'm out of pepsi max which I usually keep in because it's free but chocolate requires a trip to the shops because it's not safe to have in! Got sw chips going atm and going to add quorn sausages, beans and veg. Lots of comfort food but all free so hopefully it does the trick! First time I've really wanted takeaway since starting - I want sweet and sour chicken!

Sweet and sour chicken is my fave aswell but takeaway one is off the scale. There's a diet fanta chicken which is like sweet and sour, you tube it. The syn value of the ones above where takeaway ones if you did want the real thing.

Sweet and sour chicken is my fave aswell but takeaway one is off the scale. There's a diet fanta chicken which is like sweet and sour, you tube it. The syn value of the ones above where takeaway ones if you did want the real thing.

Diet fanta chicken sounds interesting, I'll definitely try that one. Just can't bring myself to waste all those syns on actual takeaway, I know it won't even taste as good as expected anyway. Besides, sw chips are pretty amazing! I really had far too much on my plate this evening but it was all allowed and stopped the cravings!

Diet fanta chicken sounds interesting, I'll definitely try that one. Just can't bring myself to waste all those syns on actual takeaway, I know it won't even taste as good as expected anyway. Besides, sw chips are pretty amazing! I really had far too much on my plate this evening but it was all allowed and stopped the cravings!

That's fab, as long as it did the job. I have chips a lot more now than I've ever done when dieting. Eat tons more chocolate too.

That's fab, as long as it did the job. I have chips a lot more now than I've ever done when dieting. Eat tons more chocolate too.

I hardly ever had chips before but I think I'll be joining you on eating lots now! My chocolate habit was impressive before, I definitely do not want to eat more chocolate than I did then! The only chocolate I've had since starting sw has been a chocolate silhouette postcard thing my friend sent me. It was dark Russian chocolate and there wasn't too much so that was ok. I love milk chocolate (not american chocolate - went to the hershey store in nyc in July and blergh!) but it's addictive. I guess it's full of sugar and I never feel satisfied with a small amount - I could go through those huge family bars on my own easily so it's safer to avoid just for now!
But I live veeeery close to the cadbury factory, walking distance really, and I already know someone I'm having round in November wants to go. I know what happens when I'm in the discounted part of the shop so I'm slightly apprehensive!! lols. But if I'm doing well by then I guess I could stock up on curly wurlys and freddos, just avoid the massive bags of misshapes :p

I don't like hersheys either. I can't wait for new york, gonna fill my suitcase with reece's, I'm obsessed :)

I'm still not sure how I feel about Reece's - in one bite I like them the next they're weird tasting. The US and their peanut butter obsession puzzles me! I don't mind Hershey's kisses too much, I like the free one you get going into the store and bought a glass bottle of them to bring home. It's empty now but acts as a good doorstop lol

Going to London on the 8.20 train this morning. Wish I could sleep! I have a migraine brewing so I'm stressing over getting up and obviously it makes me stay awake -_-
Fortunately I'm going down to see my neurologist so fingers crossed it goes well, I'm fed up of daily pain and everything else. That's on Monday so I've got to get through tomorrow food wise. Parents don't know I'm on sw so I really hope there's no suggestion of restaurants or anything, I'm not up to it yet!

Going to London on the 8.20 train this morning. Wish I could sleep! I have a migraine brewing so I'm stressing over getting up and obviously it makes me stay awake -_-
Fortunately I'm going down to see my neurologist so fingers crossed it goes well, I'm fed up of daily pain and everything else. That's on Monday so I've got to get through tomorrow food wise. Parents don't know I'm on sw so I really hope there's no suggestion of restaurants or anything, I'm not up to it yet!

Fingers crossed for a fab day, hope you feel better.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Reece's - in one bite I like them the next they're weird tasting. The US and their peanut butter obsession puzzles me! I don't mind Hershey's kisses too much, I like the free one you get going into the store and bought a glass bottle of them to bring home. It's empty now but acts as a good doorstop lol

Omg, I love PB chocolate. Never have the stuff out of a jar but obsessed with Reece's, haven't a clue why. NYC is goin to make me fatter, lol.

Omg, I love PB chocolate. Never have the stuff out of a jar but obsessed with Reece's, haven't a clue why. NYC is goin to make me fatter, lol.

I hear it's actually that the air there is fatty, so actually it's not our fault at all, definitely can't be blamed on the food at all!

Ahem.

Got to the station hungry this morning so had to find something on plan. Could've brought fruit with me but I don't like eating in public as it is and I can't hide a whole apple in my bag in between bites (I know it's crazy) so bought some snack pack fruit. Pack of apple and grapes and one of mango fingers nearly 4 quid!!! I could've bought so much more junk for that. What a rip!

Got to the station hungry this morning so had to find something on plan. Could've brought fruit with me but I don't like eating in public as it is and I can't hide a whole apple in my bag in between bites (I know it's crazy) so bought some snack pack fruit. Pack of apple and grapes and one of mango fingers nearly 4 quid!!! I could've bought so much more junk for that. What a rip!

It's really annoying how much more expensive it is to eat healthier foods :-( but good on you for staying on plan. I'm fussy about apple cores so take slices and grapes out with me, handy to eat while driving!
Have fun in London, hope your appointment goes well tomorrow x

It's really annoying how much more expensive it is to eat healthier foods :-( but good on you for staying on plan. I'm fussy about apple cores so take slices and grapes out with me, handy to eat while driving! Have fun in London, hope your appointment goes well tomorrow x

I know, I don't understand how they can justify it. If I'd been more organised I'd have bought some elsewhere because obviously it's more expensive at the station but still!
Thanks though, I'm glad I stuck to it because parents had been to m&s for nibbles and wow. No idea of the syns but seriously tasty! Then went out yo dinner lol :p

So I'm pleased I've really stayed well under my syn allowance this week because I made up for it today! On plan breakfast but then snacky bites like feta filled mini pastries and sausages and a handful of crisps. I wasn't actually too interested in eating as *week made a late appearance and I always get a stomach ache at the start, so I didn't eat anything like as much as I normally would.
Then didn't eat until about 8.15 when we had carvery. Dad really wanted to go and I figured I'd planned for it just in case so I could afford to flexi syn today. I had just Turkey as meat, a bit of stuffing, a few roast potatoes (noting the oil they were cooked in and ignoring it lol) and lots of veg-broccoli, carrots, peas, sweetcorn plus enough gravy and sauces to satisfy me without going overboard. I purposely skipped the giant Yorkshire puds and the cheesy cauliflower. My consultant talked on the fb group about finding out the veg is all cooked with butter and asking for it without but that was a lot of faff for tonight so I left it as it was.
It was realllly good and I felt stuffed after but I made better choices than I would normally and I'm home tomorrow late afternoon so I'm straight back on plan.

Hopefully my appointment goes well tomorrow and then on to wi! Will be interesting to see how the meal affects it.

You've done well there, I'm not sure I could ever resist Yorkshire puds! Hope the appointment and weigh-in go well!

Tackling the bad days I've had with huuuuge salads. Working on the basis of the 'eat for life diet' which advocates the majority of your food being leafy and green but with success express adding some free in. Even bought some kale, not that I have any idea what to do with it but I feel righteous for having it in my kitchen anyway!

Hello Donkey :wavey:,

Sorry I know the above post is old but I have been AWOL recently from mins (been unwell :rolleyes:) so was meaning to post on your diary :). I was up one night and couldn't sleep so decided to come on mins and I read your above post so decided to google and investigate what the `Eat to live ' plan is thanks to you :p. I found loads of info and the best selling book written by Dr Fuhrman. I found it so interesting I ordered it from Amazon.

untitled101.png

My book has arrived and I am so excited to read it. I am tempted to go straight to the end where he does the 7 day meal plan :p, but I will not, it is an education in itself and I don't want to miss a bit.

Sorry if I sound like a nutty bunny, that I am ;). Thank you for inspiring me and you've done fab so far with your losses hun. I am just coming out of an off plan patch (I have a few of them in the year :rolleyes:), but I hope to be back on the SW wagon from next Monday. It would be great to keep in touch. I will also start slowly incorporating the principles of `Eat to live ' into my diet like you have :). Hope we speak soon hun. Have a lovely week.

Kay xx

Lol my bunnies LOVE kale, but its not something I have eaten myself!

...did I hear right ?

... do you have bunnies ? :eek: ...real ones ? :p

...when can I visit them ? :D ...can u tell I love buns ! Bunnies Rock ! ;)

Kay xx

Hello Donkey :wavey:,

Sorry I know the above post is old but I have been AWOL recently from mins (been unwell :rolleyes:) so was meaning to post on your diary :). I was up one night and couldn't sleep so decided to come on mins and I read your above post so decided to google and investigate what the `Eat to live ' plan is thanks to you :p. I found loads of info and the best selling book written by Dr Fuhrman. I found it so interesting I ordered it from Amazon.

View attachment 150289

My book has arrived and I am so excited to read it. I am tempted to go straight to the end where he does the 7 day meal plan :p, but I will not, it is an education in itself and I don't want to miss a bit.

Sorry if I sound like a nutty bunny, that I am ;). Thank you for inspiring me and you've done fab so far with your losses hun. I am just coming out of an off plan patch (I have a few of them in the year :rolleyes:), but I hope to be back on the SW wagon from next Monday. It would be great to keep in touch. I will also start slowly incorporating the principles of `Eat to live ' into my diet like you have :). Hope we speak soon hun. Have a lovely week.

Kay xx

Haha, glad I could help lol :p It is really a wonderful way of eating if you can stick to it and it isn't that difficult really. I personally would use the principles of the book and make it work for everyday life with treats etc. It can give huge weight loss, especially if you're needing a kick start back into things but it's just soooo healthy! The book is great, I have a copy on my kindle. Dr Fuhrman did a great job with it but he does promote ridiculous memberships on his website and sell extortionate vitamins and things like that to get the 'full benefit' of the plan. That's my only criticism of the whole idea, and those of us who aren't insane realise there is no need to buy into all that fortunately :p! I do hope you enjoy it when you have a look at the suggestion menu!

Back