Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

I've tried the kale crisps. The kale itself is a bit bitter. I can't roast it while it has any of the litle stalks on as I think they taste awful so I painstakingly go through it all and remove them. I've tried it with salt and wasn't too keen because it's still quite bitter. I prefer it with some sweetener sprinkled on instead. Hides most of the bitter taste and takes away a sweet craving when I have it... kind of like an alternative to popcorn. Not something I love or that I eat all the time but it's not bad!

I've tried the kale crisps. The kale itself is a bit bitter. I can't roast it while it has any of the litle stalks on as I think they taste awful so I painstakingly go through it all and remove them. I've tried it with salt and wasn't too keen because it's still quite bitter. I prefer it with some sweetener sprinkled on instead. Hides most of the bitter taste and takes away a sweet craving when I have it... kind of like an alternative to popcorn. Not something I love or that I eat all the time but it's not bad!

I hadn't thought of adding sweetener, I'll have to try that. Going to try different flavours and see what counteracts the bitterness best - I'm hoping spicy kale chips might be decent and it would be a much better tv snack than popcorn!

Today has been a good day, partly because the kitchen has been off limits for much of it! Sink was taken out then they realised the replacement was wrong and had to go all over the city to try to find another, couldn't find it and came back several hours later to put the old sink back in, fix the work surfaces they'd sawn to fit the new one and then put a new mixer tap in. It took a loooong time. Water was turned off while they were out and I had drunk masses of water but was entirely unsure if you could flush the loo if water is off, so spent a long time doing that stupid dance around the place until I gave in (turns out you can lol), did a minimal amount of uni work and planned some meals for the week. Had my shopping delivered from Morrisons and they included a gingerbread man because it was the first time I'd shopped online with them! Going to save it for tomorrow evening after wi!

Had a look through my recipe books and I'm going to make spinach and sweet potato curry, chicken tikka masala, stuffed aubergines and spicy chicken, spinach & potato curry. I'm sadly quite excited at the arrival of another 9 new herbs and spices aaaand that I'm going to need to buy a spice rack. Should keep me going this week!

Had an appointment this morning and while waiting I definitely chose the wrong person to sit next to. He reeked of alcohol and wouldn't stop babbling on about an invisible man who he insisted was right in front of us, being held to the floor by magnets. Then he wanted to know my medical history, ranted about his benefits for a while, asked me what I was doing next week (I decided I'd be in London, not entirely a lie, I'm down on Sunday for a hospital appointment Monday) and then tried to kiss me when I got up.
I swear I must have a sign above my head that flashes 'Crazies! Come speak to me!', it always happens.

:giggle:

Not expecting to be too pleased with wi tonight. I've been really pretty good the last few days in compensation for the rest of the week but I'm bloated too so it doesn't bode well! Bit of a throat and chest infection going on and totm is very close so I feel pretty blergh. Would help if I could sleep but I think I'm stressing over exams. Can't wait for September 5th when it'll all be done, regardless of results, I just want it over with! Job searching of course holds its own difficulties but anything is better than this as far as I'm concerned!

Contemplating getting some cooking done now before group because I can't get in the zone for study atm - I'm a major night owl, much rather stay up all night and be productive then and sleep in the day. Not sure if it's wise before wi though in case I start picking!

Well I'm pleased I got a pound off and that I stayed to group. A lot of people didn't today so it was much smaller than usual but it was a good session.

Had sweet potato and spinach curry with cauliflower rice for dinner followed by the free gingerbread man Morrisons delivered -O.M.G it was delicious! I remember gingerbread men being much harder and not as tasty as that! Then I found out it was 9 syns so ooops I'm over syns again but meh. Tis Tuesday, that's my treat night - despite the talk last week about how there is definitely not anything in the book about the time after wi being treat time :D

Quite a few new members joined today and I saw one lady hand over nhs vouchers. This confused me because she's much much smaller than me and I was told I had to register with a nhs website offering a free calorie counting plan over 12 weeks and do it myself. I could seriously use those vouchers, I am pretty skint and slimming world costs quite a bit for me right now but they said I can only get vouchers if I don't lose weight by myself and that would mean 3 months of failing before sw.
Never mind I guess. The lady joined with her daughter who looks about 12 - very brave of her I thought. I love that sw helps junior for free!

Congrats on your loss :) x

How was the curry?

I'd like to know this too! I'm on the hunt for a good curry recipe :)

Pretty good! I'll definitely make it again but experiment with amount of spices - I accidentally poured a huge amount of chopped chillies in so it was very hot but I'm not one for mild anyway. Super quick to make too, definitely give it a try! I have chicken marinating in a yoghurt, lime and tikka powder sauce in the fridge ready to make tomorrow too :D

I've made a meal plan for the next few days to try to bring down my syns a bit and so I can make more free choices when I'd otherwise grab whatever was quick because of exams, plus I have to go to my parents' Sunday and Monday in London and don't want them to know I'm on sw so being good until then just in case.

Wed-L:gluten free bread (hexb) with chicken and pickle (1syn) sandwich with salad. D- Stuffed aubergine with salad and cottage cheese
Thu-L: Paprika potato wedges and salad, D- Chicken tikka, cauliflower rice and chutney (2syns)
Fri-L:Stuffed aubergine and salad D- Fat free quorn sausages (free!!) with either wedges or sw chips and salad
Sat-L:Beans on gluten free toast (hexb) D- Chicken tikka, salad and chutney (2 syns)

Snacks to be fruit and mini twister lollies (either 2 or 2.5 syns, need to look it up as I've been told different things) and having a go at kale chips. Good intentions, hopefully it works!

Looking good. Do you not eat breakfast?

Generally no but it's more to do with the hours I keep, so lunch is my breakfast. Changes when I'm not a student but suits me right now as I can work into the night. If I'm up and hungry then I eat but breakfast is not my thing I'm afraid!

Also totally missed your comment and you're right, I totally abused my body for years - it's definitely the right word for it so no I don't mind at all!

Sounds like a nice few days! Could you check the cals on your twisters? There wouldn't be any free food allowance so it would be 20cals=1syn I think xx

Well I checked the syns on the mobile app and it says 2 - it was only the cover consultant last night who said 2.5 sooo I'm going to go with 2 :p Trying to keep them fairly low anyway this week so hopefully shouldn't have much of an impact :)

Back