Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

Gosh you're doing so well while revising. I would've fallen off the wagon a long time ago. Go you! When I'm stressed I feel like I can't do anything other than eat crap, so good on you!

Buying the 12 week countdown is absolutely the best move I made! Otherwise I would have fallen off the 2nd week when I only lost a pound, forget about surviving revision :p

You're getting married I see, exciting! That HAS to be serious motivation!

It's so hot there right now, gonna melt.

Sounds like you've got a lot to do but I'm sure you'll get through it and pass with flying colours :) Good luck.

Yep looks to be about 30 there atm - you might even come back with a tan!

I'm redefining comfort food - had a huuuuge plate full of microwaveable rice with veg and chicken, just threw it all in a pan with a bit of tomato and mushroom sauce, around 5 syns for the whole thing and it was delicious. Totally satisfied. I am going to up my carbs a bit through these exams, I think it will help to feel pleasantly full most of the time because even though I'm not hungry most of the time, I'm slightly aware that I could happily eat. Hopefully it will stave off any cravings for junk food.

This is the longest I've ever stuck to a 'diet' that isn't cambridge. It is the only time I've ever eaten 'normally' (as in not starved/binged/purged) and lost consistently over a few weeks. It's not even difficult really and, without jinxing it, I feel like there might be something clicking up there in my head that is starting to sort out the insane relationship I have with food. Veeery early on - I still won't have chocolate in the house and I feel that might be something that is long term - but it is a start!

I'm redefining comfort food - had a huuuuge plate full of microwaveable rice with veg and chicken, just threw it all in a pan with a bit of tomato and mushroom sauce, around 5 syns for the whole thing and it was delicious. Totally satisfied. I am going to up my carbs a bit through these exams, I think it will help to feel pleasantly full most of the time because even though I'm not hungry most of the time, I'm slightly aware that I could happily eat. Hopefully it will stave off any cravings for junk food.

This is the longest I've ever stuck to a 'diet' that isn't cambridge. It is the only time I've ever eaten 'normally' (as in not starved/binged/purged) and lost consistently over a few weeks. It's not even difficult really and, without jinxing it, I feel like there might be something clicking up there in my head that is starting to sort out the insane relationship I have with food. Veeery early on - I still won't have chocolate in the house and I feel that might be something that is long term - but it is a start!

That is fab news, it's great isn't it :)

Buying the 12 week countdown is absolutely the best move I made! Otherwise I would have fallen off the 2nd week when I only lost a pound, forget about surviving revision :p

You're getting married I see, exciting! That HAS to be serious motivation!

Haha yes if that doesn't motivate me I don't know what else will! I really hope your revision goes well today. How are you feeling about it all? I agree with you re. upping carbs - you need the energy and the "fullness" to keep that brain ticking along nicely :)

That is fab news, it's great isn't it :)

It's great to not have the constant thoughts about needing to restrict otherwise I'll fail for the rest of my life at the least lol. Long way to go but yes isn't it great to feel like there's some recovery going on?!

Haha yes if that doesn't motivate me I don't know what else will! I really hope your revision goes well today. How are you feeling about it all? I agree with you re. upping carbs - you need the energy and the "fullness" to keep that brain ticking along nicely :)

I'm not feeling too positive about it, even though everyone tells me I'll be fine etc I know how much I've missed this year and there is a major possibility I won't be able to pull it back. Just got to do what I can though, it'll be over soon enough - I'm looking forward to having some emotional stability back :p
Yup had a sweet potato with beans and cottage cheese for lunch, going to make the effort to keep the carbs up for a few weeks!

I'm not feeling too positive about it, even though everyone tells me I'll be fine etc I know how much I've missed this year and there is a major possibility I won't be able to pull it back. Just got to do what I can though, it'll be over soon enough - I'm looking forward to having some emotional stability back :p Yup had a sweet potato with beans and cottage cheese for lunch, going to make the effort to keep the carbs up for a few weeks!

You'll get there donkey, not long to go at all! You'll be celebrating before you know it! Cottage cheese eh? I've been wanting to try it but I'm scared because it looks so... lumpy. I have always wanted to take the plunge but never had the guts to. I think I'll add it to the shopping basket next week...

You'll get there donkey, not long to go at all! You'll be celebrating before you know it! Cottage cheese eh? I've been wanting to try it but I'm scared because it looks so... lumpy. I have always wanted to take the plunge but never had the guts to. I think I'll add it to the shopping basket next week...

It really isn't long - which is both terrifying and wonderful! hehe
Personally I love it, it goes great on jackets but I use it with everything! I went through several phases of it being all I ate - literally, I'd buy a tub a day and that would be it - adding some steam veg in if I was feeling extravagant :crazy:
Actually I just tried a new one -couple of pieces of scan bran (giving them a try this week but have to keep them to a minimum because of the wheat), lots of marmite to get rid of their gross taste (or possibly making them taste worse depending on your opinion of marmite lol), sliced apple layered on them covered with a bit of cottage cheese. It wasn't bad - softened them a bit and the taste is something I could get used to!

Frikkin hell that sounds like a taste sensation. Marmite and apple?! What?! :)

Frikkin hell that sounds like a taste sensation. Marmite and apple?! What?! :)

It was different :p I'll have to wait until I have it again to form a solid opinion on it, I'll update you then lol

Just ordered an online shop. Got some freddos and mini marshmallows, been told melting the freddo over them is good, plus strawberries and mullerlights. Might make up some concoction for a dessert with them all using scan bran. It's not arriving until Tuesday evening after WI though fortunately! Also bought some fanta zero, going to try the fanta chicken at some point!

Hit my maximum syns today and my concentration is better for it so I'll probably keep it up for the next couple of weeks. Had some non lean meatballs with my dinner of sw chips and veg - they were good but even though I used my foreman grill for them I really noticed the grease!

Did lots of work today but it's been too focussed on one particular area of the subject so I really have to expand on it. Problem is that international relations and security is a huuuuuuuge area, loads of sub topics all over the place and there are only a couple of past papers so I am guessing which bits to concentrate on. Fingers crossed these things come up in the exams!

Oh no, so what did you end up eating in the end?! You'll have to tell me about this fanta chicken, LOVED the coke one!

Oh no, so what did you end up eating in the end?! You'll have to tell me about this fanta chicken, LOVED the coke one!

Marmite and apple scan bran, found a solitary apple rolling around at the back of the cupboard and the last of the scan bran plus just enough marmite to scrape over it :p
It is definitely very good at filling you up!

I'll let you know, I might try it on Thursday because I don't have exams until next week then. Not tried the diet coke chicken yet but I'm, hoping fanta will make something similar to sweet and sour which I would really like right now! What does the diet coke chicken taste like?

Well done you, 4am is prime naughty snack time! It's so hard to explain diet cola chicken donkey. It's kinda... Odd but oh so good! Xx

Back