Donnajt's 2011 Starting All Over Again Diary

Do you think I can stick to SW until my 40th birthday in April?

• Yes

Votes: 30 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welcome back Donna!! I am back on track now too after being naughty over Christmas.

How was Christmas & New Year for you and your family and how is your Mum getting on? xx

Xassy - love your pic!!!

Hi Sara - glad you are back on track, mum is blowing up her tummy is so distended bless her, she thinks she looks pregnant, she is short so she's all belly god love her. She has an internal scan to look at the mass, fingers crossed they will give her a date to start chemo, how are you and yours???

Here we go...

thurs29july_0177.jpg

Food ready...halfway through tomorrow's menus!

I couldn't get any quark, primula, skimmed milk in Tesco - are there any other SW staples that I need to buy?

Love the quote that it's all about what you eat from New Year's to Christmas...it's so true...need to put all that past us now and focus on what's to come. Good luck and will pop in to see what you're cooking with all that shopping done :) Don't see any beans, chickpeas or lentils there- do you like them? They make for a filling meal!

Love the quote that it's all about what you eat from New Year's to Christmas...it's so true...need to put all that past us now and focus on what's to come. Good luck and will pop in to see what you're cooking with all that shopping done :) Don't see any beans, chickpeas or lentils there- do you like them? They make for a filling meal!

Meli - i love them but don;t have any sw recipes, do you have any i can beg, borrow or steal???

you too - amazing rep points - how do you manage that??? (aside from being wise and wonderful!!!)
JUST HAD PEOPLE THANKING ME AND THEY JUST ADDED UP

hi donna so glad to have you back on here have missed you (big hug) i remember you were one of the first people to comment on my post and gave such brilliant advice it really helped (so i can blame you for the weight i put on over xmas ha ha)
and yes i did change the name its now the same as my blog thought it had a better ring to it. i am weighing on a saturday morning now what day will you be weighing?
really really great to have you back love val xxx:clap:

One to try:

stacie_stewart_150x113.jpg

(Stacie Stewart, This Morning, Tues 03 Jan 2011)
Syn-free creamy chicken hotpot

Serves 4 (two for dinner, two portions for lunch)
Ingredients:
2 large potatoes
1 large leek, cleaned
2 cloves of garlic
Sprig of thyme
100ml of low fat crème fraiche
Parmesan cheese (to sprinkle over potatoes)
250g frozen peas
450g cooked chicken (use leftovers from a roast or roast off some thighs and drummers)
Butter, salt and pepper
Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6 (200C)
2. In a large roasting tray, scatter the cooked chicken and peas.
3. Slice and sweat the leek in a little oil in a frying pan until soft. Add one clove of garlic for the last minute. Stir in the crème fraiche.
4. Pour the leek and garlic mix over the chicken and peas.
5. Next, move onto the potatoes. Thinly slice the potatoes and put them in a bowl.
6. Crush the second clove of garlic and add to the bowl with some salt and pepper.
7. Toss to coat the potatoes.
8. Lay the potatoes over the top of the roasting tray, dot with a few knobs of butter or a lick or olive oil and pop in the oven for 35 minutes with foil over the top, then 20 minutes with the foil off to crisp up the potatoes
9. Serve at the table with some steamed fresh greens.
(Also regarding stock, its really upto you how much you add, anything between 50-150mls, you dont want it too wet but you do want a bit of sauce. This is one of those great dishes where you can have it your way, if you like it creamier add more creme fraiche)

stacie-chicken-teaser.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Donna, so glad to see you back!
Loving the recipes already too- that chicken hotpot sounds delish and a great way to use up leftover chicken

Back