Donnas Diary

donlste

Hey All,

Well I though I would start a diary on my slim and save journey to help me keep track.

Firstly, if anyone reads this - thank you for taking the time and I hope to find other buddies on here to share our rants, successes and difficulties.

So I'm on my first day, I did have a dabble last week - just to try a few of the meals and shakes. So far I haven't tried anything I haven't been able to finish.

So what's my reason for wanting to lose weight. Mainly I've put a few stone on over the last year and I'm feeling rather uncomfortable with myself. Why did I choose Slim and Save? I like the option of the meals, so I'm not totally alienated when I'm with my OH and can still feel normal.

Im looking forward to getting it underway, but I know the first week will be hard.

My biggest concern is not being able to enjoy a glass of wine on an evening, but I've just got to remind myself this is only for a limited time, and there will be plenty of time for that once I (hopefully) get to where I want to be.

Also my OH is a little indifferent about me doing this, and he knows I have fads, so another motivator for me is this too. I hope that doesn't sound too bad!!!

Today was my first day, and here is what I've had today

Breakfast 6am - the oatmeal made up with milk with a cheeky sprinkling of cinnamon
Lunch 11am - half on the tomato soup with half of the truffle bar
Snack 2pm - the other half of the tomato soup and half of the remaining chocolate bar
Dinner 6pm - spicy spaghetti with a pack of the zero noodles

Snacks - a portion of no sugar jelly and a mug of the bouillon

Im logging my stuff on fitnesspal and its saying that my total carbs are 63g. Which I'm hoping is fine.

So if you fancy sharing your journey too, let me know. Like I said I know it will be hard work, but it would be great to have a few laughs along the way with like minded people on here.

Welcome. It gets easier. My hubby has seen me go through numerous diets before and this is my 3rd attempt at S&S. 2nd attempt albeit was half assed. I am on day 6 so far and been 100% last 2 days. Good luck with your journey. You can get wine flavoured water flavouring, not something I have tried but I am sure some of them have.

Hey Donjon,

Thanks for your wishes. How are you getting on?

I've just made up the oatmeal cookies in the oven to a warm doughy bread - they were lovely. Feeling quite stuffed now!!!

Good luck if your weigh-in is due today!

Well 2nd day, and I'm starting to feel a little bleurgh...so to put it. I'm just off to work now so I've just had my dinner.

Breakfast - oatmeal made up as a cookie
Lunch - zero noodles, 100g of quorn and the curry pack....which has left a bizarre taste in my mouth
Tea - a crispy chocolate shake (which I'm quite looking forward too)

Snack was one cup of bouillon and a cup of tea with a dash out of my allowance. Also I have a coke zero for later too.

Im even off to to the supermarket to buy some of the veg on the allowed list, not that I'm really a fan of any on there, but hey, it'll bulk my meals up.

Only a total of 40g of carbs today, so that's quite a lot less than yesterday.

Well day 3 completed, and I must admit Im feeling fine. See what the next few days bring. I'm feeling good mentally and physically...for now...ha ha.

So, today, I feel like Ive eat loads, but I haven't. Here is what I've had.

Breakfast - porridge made up as a cookie and a cup of tea with 50ml of milk.
Lunch - cottage pie, 100gr of quorn mince and a splash of bouillon - this was lovely
Dinner - vanilla shake with a spoon of coffee and 100ml of milk

Snack - a cup of bouillon and 500ml of coke zero

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I've just attempted to make some cauliflower rice and it was bloody lovely, so that is on the menu for tomorrow.

Right, time for bed.

Back