Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

cut up some veg (hard veggies like celery carrots sweede etc)
then place a whole chicken on top - set it off early in the morning and you will ahve the most succulent roast chicken I put lemon and thyme inside and rub the outside with some chicken rub - I am sure you could do roast lamb in the same way
this sort of thing
Recipe: The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot - 100 Days of Real Food
hubby loves it as it stays so moist I have no idea if it is nice or if he is being polite as I dont eat meat :):)

wet and damp here

when you feel like you do choose to do things that will uplift you and dont do anything that will stress you
so walking is good and perhaps listen to some up beat music when you are doing any tasks
wrap up warm when you go out and perhaps take the youngest to the park for a play - laughing children are so uplifting :)

wet and damp here

when you feel like you do choose to do things that will uplift you and dont do anything that will stress you
so walking is good and perhaps listen to some up beat music when you are doing any tasks
wrap up warm when you go out and perhaps take the youngest to the park for a play - laughing children are so uplifting :)

Thanks H - I just want to be on my own all the time - will this depression ever lift? I miss being fun mum. Paul has just taken kids to shop so i rather than sitting on the sofa wallowing in self pity - I am going to shoot upstairs and make beds, clean bathroom, polish and hoover x

it will lift and if you can arrange counselling from my experience that is very very helpful
this time of year does done help
at the beginning of the week you sounded so much better - but the sun was out - now the wet damp and grey is back you sound lower - this is little you can do about the weather - perhaps use your light box a little longer I use mine for about 30 mins (when I use it at the moment I cant am waiting to see if it is safe with my meds)
childrens laughter always helps me - but then I dont have small children so I have to borrow them :):)

stroke a dog or a cat that is supposed to be very theraputic
do some meditation
wear nice colours - I was told yellow and orange - just a scarf will do - its really uplifting when you catch sight of yourself in a mirror :)
B vits are said to help - I do take a b complex most days as I know my b12 is borderline low

how long have you been on your meds and what is the dose - that could need tweaking or you may need a change in meds esctalopram is the one that best suited me as it is new than the one you are on but a sister drug it has less side effects and the dose is smaller

do things you enjoy and do try to get out of the house

I dont know what money is like but can you do a family thing - ice skating bowling swimming - something a little active but as a whole family if you can afford such things perhaps make a list of them put on bits of paper and pop in a jar let one of the children pull out a family surprise activity - that way they will feel it is more for them :) and it wont seem a chore to do something

cant think of much else at the moment -

do you know what set off your depression - if you do is there anything you can do to change the situation

sorry I cant help and sorry I am not nearer to you to support you

Love the jar idea that would work for date mates to me and oh try to have a date once a month as its easy after 10 years to stop making an effort I love the idea of us both putting in ideas each and picking them out that's brill,

and just thing you never know which idea will come out next - dont forget to put the done ones back in the jar - :) unless of course you hate it when you have done it

it will lift and if you can arrange counselling from my experience that is very very helpful
this time of year does done help
at the beginning of the week you sounded so much better - but the sun was out - now the wet damp and grey is back you sound lower - this is little you can do about the weather - perhaps use your light box a little longer I use mine for about 30 mins (when I use it at the moment I cant am waiting to see if it is safe with my meds)
childrens laughter always helps me - but then I dont have small children so I have to borrow them :):)

stroke a dog or a cat that is supposed to be very theraputic
do some meditation
wear nice colours - I was told yellow and orange - just a scarf will do - its really uplifting when you catch sight of yourself in a mirror :)
B vits are said to help - I do take a b complex most days as I know my b12 is borderline low

how long have you been on your meds and what is the dose - that could need tweaking or you may need a change in meds esctalopram is the one that best suited me as it is new than the one you are on but a sister drug it has less side effects and the dose is smaller

do things you enjoy and do try to get out of the house

I dont know what money is like but can you do a family thing - ice skating bowling swimming - something a little active but as a whole family if you can afford such things perhaps make a list of them put on bits of paper and pop in a jar let one of the children pull out a family surprise activity - that way they will feel it is more for them :) and it wont seem a chore to do something

cant think of much else at the moment -

do you know what set off your depression - if you do is there anything you can do to change the situation

sorry I cant help and sorry I am not nearer to you to support you

so annoying typed a big long reply then hit the wrong button on laptop and it disappeared!!!

Have had counselling very successfully inthe past - this time its not working - i have nothing to say i think its because there isn't anything specific that is depressing me - i have done some research online and discovered that hypnotherapy can be very successful in treating SAD unfortunately i haven't found a hypnotherapist locally that deals with SAD - where weather improved I put this seach on back burner but as weather is due to turn freezing i'd better get my skates on asap

I meant to reset the sunlamp yesterday but broke one of my new rules and fell asleep watching tv - woke up cold and miserable at 2am (which prob hasn't helped my mood today) all reset now ready for this cold spell due over the weekend (can't believe we might get snow again)

Yes childrens laughter is a mood lifter but (I am so sorry my lovely children) the constant babble, questions, whingeing, sulking just magnifies in my head until i feel like i am in the middle of a school playground (oh that sounds so horrible) but sometimes it just makes me want to scream]

I love the jar idea - am going to make this a family activity after supper tonight - dread to think what megan will come up with - lady gaga concert etc

Feel a bit happier - it has not stopped raining here today - so our lovely walk over a local nature reserve was called off - but we did go into town and walk around the shops for over 2.5 hours - a lot of it was running cos the rain was so heavy and only half of the shops are inside - we stayed outside

Also had a nice chinese buffet lunch - i was so good - just had mushroom chowmein - loads of stir fry veg and about 3 tbsp fried rice and a diet coke

Friday 08 March 2013
B: Beans on Toast = 247 Cals
beans on toast.png
L
: Chinese - Mushroom Chow Mein, Egg Fried Rice, Stirfry Veg = 378
mushroom chow mein 2.png
D: Sausage Roll = 508 cals

Snacks:
5x hot water & lemon
500mls Coke Zero = 0 cals
2x Weight wsatchers Raspberry Mallows 55g each = 110 Cals
4x Glasses water
= 1,100/ 1290

Exercise Alert:
2.5 hours walking = 570 cals
walking.jpg

how lovely of him
and to have girly time with your mum too that really is wonderful

I do understand about the babble of children

and yes falling asleep like that would NOT have helped
try to go to bed my 10 and read something that you dont have to think about - just for a little time then turn over and sleep try to make sure your room is pitch black - that is also supposed to help
I have thick lined curtains and then black out linings hung as well if I get up in the night I really cant see anything at all and have to put a small light on

I loved the look of your chinese it had so much veggies :)

I do hope all of you enjoy making your jar of ideas just remember to do an activity on a regular basis if that is weekly or monthly just make sure there is a time for it to be done where you all sit down and pull an idea - now lady gaga - if she come out can I go instead of you (I was joking honest I was) :):)

Hiya I've read through the whole thread and I really feel for you, I had depression I felt so low I let a guy treat me like dirt coz that's what I thought I deserved but I met someone new and slowly have got over my depression. So I will absolutely assure u that there is light at the end of the tunnel and u can get over it :)

Let me know how the toning beds go I they work well I may need to invest in a few sessions! X

I loved the look of your chinese it had so much veggies :)

I do hope all of you enjoy making your jar of ideas just remember to do an activity on a regular basis if that is weekly or monthly just make sure there is a time for it to be done where you all sit down and pull an idea - now lady gaga - if she come out can I go instead of you (I was joking honest I was) :):)

H - I can't quite see you in a dress of raw meat???

must confess I borrowed that pic of the chow mein - we went to one of those buffet places - the amazing thing is I wasn't even tempted by the spring rolls, sweet n sour crispy pork, etc even the apple dumplings didnt turn my head...feeling v proud of myself - I am sure this is an impact of my meds

The chow mein looks delish- yum yum I want it!

How much are the toning beds for month use to go years ago, before I was a mummy! take measurements hun so you can see any results.

I hope your feeling better, love the jar idea its a fantastic idea might do that with kids during the summer holidays!

Cas I must confess I borrowed that pic - we ate at one of those buffet places

I haven't used toning beds before but looking forward to it - but what should I wear?

Hiya I've read through the whole thread and I really feel for you, I had depression I felt so low I let a guy treat me like dirt coz that's what I thought I deserved but I met someone new and slowly have got over my depression. So I will absolutely assure u that there is light at the end of the tunnel and u can get over it :)

Let me know how the toning beds go I they work well I may need to invest in a few sessions! X

What a lovely message - it will pass you are absolutely right - i feel much better today even tho the weather is horrid

Are you calorie counting as well? do you have a diary? if so I'll pop in for a cuppa x

well ladies feeling a lot brighter today - am quite sure its because I am waiting for my actifry to arrive ... chips chips I want my chips !!

I have actually been singing "oh its chips its chips" since i woke up

We are out tonight also - we are going to the Dogs - it was a groupon deal a while ago - entry and chicken in the basket for people £10, but I am going to give mine to my brother (who is meeting us there)

have been browsing the WW section today and found some nice recipes that i will try at some point

Wrap up warm if you are going out ladies xxx

I am actually a slimming world consultant but I can't eat breathe drink sleep and teach slimming world (hangs head in shame)

I work full time and do slimming world group with 50 people and as we all know slimming world does need planning and preparation and I just don't have the time anymore so I have gained a stone since becoming a Consultant.

I have 8 weeks until my holiday so thought I'd try cc to shift some weight before my holiday coz the extra stone I have gained is getting me down and I wouldn't b happy with my body out on the beach at the moment. So from Monday it's cc for me!

I'm glad to hear ur feeling good today :)

Back