Donner kebab recipe

Ange7367

Made this lots last year and is a family favourite it is a slimming world recipe the only thing I can see that isn't Atkins friendly is the flour but personally a tsp of flour left cant see that it would affect the overall outcome

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Wow! What a clever idea!

I'll be trying this next week once I do my next shopping trip!
:)

Lipotrimming since Monday 16th July 2012 with a start weight of 10st 8lbs... week 1: -8lbs. :)

Bought the ingredients to make this for tea. Family will have in pitta bread, and I will have with salad. Did omit the flour, as many have on SW plan have said it can make it to dry. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for the recipe x

I love homemade kebabs! I think this is almost identical to the one I use, however I don't add flour and possible an egg? I could be wrong as I don't have the recipe to hand. I would highly recommended it if like me you like your kebabs :D

Back