DONT DESERVE.....

JoeyJoJo

Bring on the weight loss!
clothes!

Does anyone else feel like they deserve any nice new clothes until they've lost most of their weight or all of it?

I do quite need new clothes for work but, not only do I think 'oh well - it'll be a waste of money because im gunna lose the weight and then they wont fit' but i also think nothing will look good on me anyway and I would rather wear my big baggy clothes and hide etc lol *sigh*

What are your thoughts?!

Until I am slim lol

Doing just calorie counting, so that could be September sort of time that I will have lost all the weight

That exactly how I feel at the moment!
But having looked in the shops at the things I want to buy, they just wouldn't look as good now, so I'm mostly sticking to buying shoes (2 pairs in the last week :S).

I do think it's a good idea to buy the odd things though - like having a pair of trousers/jeans that fit well, but just cheap ones. If I do buy a top/dress I try to make it a style that will still look OK once it gets a bit baggy too

ah course you deserve them:) not wishing to put a dampener on your motivation or anything it could very well take longer so you're best buying what fits you now and enjoying looking well now in the present. its a bonus if you have to throw clothes out later on:)

someone told me recently people spend too much time living in the past and future and not enough in the present:)

as an aside i've been buying clothes that are too small for me for the last 2 years hoping it would give me the motivation to lose weight and only getting round to it now:) wish you better luck though of course;)

I try not too buy new clothes as it does feel a waste of money. However, I have had to but the odd thing, so always go for the cheap option. Also, JoeyJoJo, if you don't think you'll have lost what you want until Septemberish, then the seasons will be changing and you'll need some smaller clothes for the summer and by the time next summer comes you'll be able to buy smaller again! I'd buy a few cheap items just to tide you over..

Good luck
xx

I've been buying a few items as I go along...just cheap stuff so that it doesn't matter if I only wear them a few times. I have to be smart for work and I can't look smart in ill-fitting clothes.

I have got rid of almost all my bigger clothes...I'm determined never to be that size again so no reason to keep them. I've sold the better stuff on ebay (there's a good market for plus size clothes!) which gives me a little pot of money to put towards new items as I need them.

Baggy clothes make you look bigger anyway so that's a great reason to buy some things that fit well...I find other people notice my weight loss more when I wear something that fits properly and the positive comments are very motivational.

I must admit i like to wear my baggy clothes for a while as it feels so nice to be able to do them up easily etc....
Then when my weight loss is really good i then treat myself...
Also people then say blimy youve lost weight!!!

Back