Dont know how to choose a plan?

Sampink30

I really need to choose a plan I can stick too , how do you go about choosing what's suits you . With all the choices out there I feel completely overwhelmed !

I think you should start off reading about all that's available until you find one you think you can do, rather than just picking one.

At first I tried many diets that promised fast weight loss but none worked for me, even ones I saw work for others, I just couldn't stick to them. When I read about them, most seemed long or unrealistic until I found calorie counting, which seemed simple enough and at a pace I liked.
But then many others don't like it and prefer more structured diets.

Guess my point is to decide for yourself, don't do what others are doing or what others are achieving but just find one you can manage.

Last edited:
Sampink30 said:
What plan are you following ?

Calorie Counting.
But like I say, it doesn't work for everyone. Many of my friends and family see the weight I lost and wanna do it, some have succeeded but most sadly didn't stick to it, one made little progress and decided to move to WW, which is similar but suited her taste a bit more.

But I really think rather than asking what others think work, find one you would be happy with, no one knows what works better for you than yourself :)

As said above, have a read through the sections on here about all the plans and then you have the information to make a decision. Also have a think about what will fit best into your life. Do you like doing a lot of coking efrom scratch? Are you happy to weigh and measure things or would you rather not have the hassle? Do you like to eat out a lot? Are you veggie? Do you have a lot of time for cooking etc? Or do you need quick meals?

I have eventually decided calorie counting is for me after a long time trying other diets. It suits me better as I can have whatever I want within my cals. But as said above its nor for everyone especially if you dont like weighing a lot of food.

Last edited:
Hi there, I found myself with the same dilemma, I had tried WW before but only did it for a few months, never tried SW. The reason that I chose RC was primarily that for the same price as the aforementioned you atually can attend a free fitness class and for me it is about toning, fitness and shape along with losing pounds.

The other thing I like about RC is that it is not a diet really but a new way of eating ( a set amount of calories and all foods to be within the 5% fat per 100g rule) I know that I need to maintain this way of life, with WW I found there was too much freedom and the 'eat as much free food as you want ' ethos of SW did not sit comfortably with me as portion control is a problem (greedyguts !!!)

I am no way dismissing WW or SW as it is horses for courses and I have read about all the success' that are posted on here daily, in fact a work colleague has lost as much as I have without any exercise ( I do a lot !!) on WW online so it is merely what works for you.

I personally could not survive on a VLCD but a friend has lost 5 stone 4lb since the 1st of Jan on Cambridge.

I would do some research and see what appeals, good luck xx

Back