Dont know how true this is

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Bethany246, 25 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    I was reading a magazine and it was saying that to lose weight you must eat at the start of the day and by the time it gets to night you should have nearly finished eating this is how you lose weight .

Also it was mentioning low fat foods it was saying that all low fat foods have something taken out of them and something put in and have as many calories as ordinary and if you are trying to lose weight and you want treats you are better having the real thing instead of low fat as with low fat you eat twice as many but with the real thing they are higher in calories and you dont want as much . And it said if you are following any plan these real thing treats will help you to use all your points calories or whatever
    Dont know how true this is im just going by what it said in the book.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    What magazine was it and was it about a specific diet or diets in general?

4. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi the magazine was called diet now
    It was not a specific diet it was just telling you to forget the diet and start power eating .
    By telling you Myths on what to do or not to do
    Like for one like make breakfast your largest meal of the day and have a medium sized lunch.Mid morning have a low healthy snack like fruit yoghurtor wholegrain cracker topped with cottage cheese then have main meal then a small snack.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Actually on re-reading that a lot of it makes sense. You should have a breakfast in the morning, to kick start your metabolism. I couldnt have breakfast as my biggest meal as Im not a morning person, but thats just a personal thing.

With regards to low fat foods... theyre low FAT not low calorie - thats 2 separate things, so theyre not probably pretending to have less calories than the full fat versions.

With regards to treats... again it depends. Having 'the real thing' is probably a good idea for likes of yourself Bethany when you struggle to use your points. Whereas Id rather have low fat things which are low in points and can then have more to nibble on when Im watching telly etc.

If youre struggling to use points or calories then it makes sense to have for instance regular Walkers Crisps than the baked ones :)

Makes sense :)

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Eating first thing in the morning (ie breakfast) supposedly kick starts your metabolism, so that would explain the bit about eating in the morning - it makes sense.

A lot of 'low fat food' does have fat replaced with other things (ie sugar etc) so low fat food can often be higher in calories. The thing with ww is that it takes the calories AND the fat into consideration, so if you're counting points then you can't go wrong by falling into the trap of eating diet labeled foods that are higher in calories.

As for the treat foods - I actually totally agree with that. I love the ww bars etc, but I could easily eat a whole box of them! They are a nice treat, but they aren't as satisfying (or sickly) as a 'normal' treat (ie a ww toffee bar vs a mars bar) so I personally agree that we tend to eat more of the low point/fat food than we would of the normal food, but I think that's probably more a mental thing than anything else.

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont think I could do 'power eating' like I couldnt do Core plan or Intuitive eating... I need to be more regimented than that.

8. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks starlight
    thats what i thought when i read it hun and as you say ive a job to use all my points but having the real thing will help me use them quicker. I agree with you about low fat foods if you want to snack while watching tele you can go for the low fat ones
    And it also says dont skip meals else you wont lose weight and your body goes in to starvation mode
    Glad it makes sense

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'd love to try Core, but I can't be trusted to judge my own portion sizes, lol

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Same here Id just eat constantly on that and lose nothing. Least with points I know when to stop lol

11. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats the reason i wont be doing core, i might at some point if my weight loss platuead (sp) just to give it a kick start again but i dont think i would trust myself full time on it

12. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Marie
    Yes eating breakfast is supposed to kick start your metabolism.I have read before about low fat foods they can have more calories than ordinary foods i agree with you there hun. Yes as you say with ww if you say get a packet of mr kippling bakewell tarts it gives you the calories and sat fat on the packet which is handy with all foods .Yes I always seem to go for the low fat foods and this is why i cant use all my points up never thought of that silly me I also like ww bars especially the peanut bars and the toffee bars .

Thanks Marie:)

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My mums doing Core just now and loves it, tho finds it a bit hard coping with 3 points a day lol But then she has natural discipline and self control which is why shes a size 12 and Im not ;)

14. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    I would also find the core a bit difficult with the 3 points a day

15. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    My problem is Im a snacker, the core plan isnt for me, If I had 3 meals per day it would be good though, Id give myself a medal!!!

16. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Dont think i could do the core as just having 3 points a day would not work sooner stick to counting points

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Me too! I could easily go all day without having a meal and just snack my way through my points - and it has to be said that I have been known to do that on more than one occasion :eek:

When I reach target I would like to give Core a go and see if it suits me to maintain my weight - I would love to train myself to eat 3 meals a day, but at the moment I think I need to concentrate on losing the weight first, and being able to snack will help me do that. One step at a time eh ;)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Marie
    with the core you can have free foods but sometimes when there is free foods yyou might be having too much of them as they are not limited amounts that was same with sw eat as much free food as you like and still lose weight i found i was eating too much .
    I will stick to points to get weight off
    We will do it marie

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.