Dont know wether to call it a day

smoomoo

Silver Member
I have 13lbs to go till my original target of 8stone 7. Im now 9.6 and a healthy weight witha bmi of 23.9 and getting lots of compliments now about my weight loss. Im starting to get bored of the diet and just want to eat "normal", not pig out or go mad, just join in with my young family and not worry about the odd takeaway when im not even overweight anyway. I dont know thoughhh, supposed to be going to class tonight and i just feel "blugh" about it.

If your bored of the diet hun, your doing something wrong!! Have you tried the EE plan, its so brilliant and you can eat everything...which is normal!

If you are happy as you are then call it your target but a word of warning....

YOu will not be able to eat "normal" you can't come off the "diet". Sorry! If you do then the weight will probably go back on. I've been at target for over a year now and I still follow the diet and go to class. I think you have to, to be honest, it's just a healthy eating plan really and I do have days off and a takeaway but going to group keeps me on the straight and narrow.

You've done so well to get to where you are, stick to that weight but don't stop following the plan!

You could change your target to the weight you are this evening Hun instead. Have a chat with your Consultant and tell her that you are happy as you are and would like to be made a target member.

Lol Jaylou and I have the same idea!

xxx

I agree with Sarah Jayne! EE is absolutely normal (albeit without any fried stuff)
How about trying some new recipes? I always refer to regular cook books and make a few tweaks to make ti SW friendly. I fear that if you want to eat "normally" because you're bored with SW then you may be feeling deprived and therefore risk gaining what you've lost

My feeling is that if you are happy at your current weight and you are in the healthy range then I agree, calltarget BUT listen to your consultants advice on maintaining and carry on going to class at least once a month to keep you on the straight and narrow.

If you are happy as you are then call it your target but a word of warning....

YOu will not be able to eat "normal" you can't come off the "diet". Sorry! If you do then the weight will probably go back on. I've been at target for over a year now and I still follow the diet and go to class. I think you have to, to be honest, it's just a healthy eating plan really and I do have days off and a takeaway but going to group keeps me on the straight and narrow.

You've done so well to get to where you are, stick to that weight but don't stop following the plan!
I agree with Jaylou. EE still isn't "normal" For example I love avocado and Mozzarello salads, roasts with stuffing, yorkshire puddings and thick red wine gravy, pasta with red pepper pesto marscapone and ricotta cheese.I would love to pop into any supermarket and pick up the ingredients for a recipe from any cook book, eat a bowl of any soup with thick crusty french stick dunked inThe alternatives aren't the same. I too get bored with the food so allow myself one meal out a month, or a cappucino with a slice ok cake once in a while. This has to be for life to keep the weight off

Well done on reaching a healthy BMI and I agree with others whatever weight you're comfortable with can be YOUR target! Good luck for maintaining x

Why not call target for the moment and see how you get on for a few months. You'll have a better idea of what you have to do to maintain your weight. Then if you feel that you want to lose a bit more, you can set a new target.

Thanks for all your responses. Feeling a bit more positive this morning. Maybe it was because id just done 3 really strict low syn days to make up for syns used on a night out at the weekend. But its a new week now and ill plod on as usual xx

I'm the same height as you and my target is where you are now. Everyone's body is different I suppose. I know I'd like to lose the few pounds remaining, but I'm not getting obsessed with it. I've increased my exercise to go for that final push. Even if I don't lose any more weight, I know I'm getting more toned. In the end our bodies decide where they want to be. Just go with the flow, hun.

Hi all,

I have a very similar issue. I am also 5" 2and began SW at a similar weight to your pre-baby weight. I am now 9st exactly and very happy. I had originally set my goal to 8 st 7 but after getting to 9st and feeling comfortable and happy in myself decided to stick here as, even though it is only a few pounds, I know that I would have to put myself through hell dieting to get there because I just would not be able to maintain it.

In the end I would recommend to talk to your consultant and stick with a weight that you are happy with, but be realistic. If you foresee a real battle to get to a particular weight that is not that much less than you already are is it really worth it when you've already done so well? And anyway, would you have to cut so much out to get there that you would be likely to binge once you get there anyway (I have previously done this following weight watchers).

Congratulations on your loss and good luck! x

Back