Dont no what to do :0/

munchbunch

Gold Member
Ok so totally off topic :0)

Um I'm due to go on holiday next month but my 4 year old is being tested for epilepsy ........ Which means he hasn't been diagnosed so if something happens whilst away I will have to pay medical expenses as the insurance won't cover him and the likeliness is he won't get a diagnosis before we go away

Anyone have any knowledge or can offer any advice Id really appreciate it .

Hi,

I hope your little one is ok! No one can predict what is going to happen, is he frequently poorly?

My friend is currently on holiday in Bulgaria with her 3 year old who has epilepsy, she has been in hospital for a week after she became unwell after arriving, they've gone private and have racked up a bill of a small fortune!

Obviously everyone is different. You know them best, whether he's been ill alot recently and are best to make that judgement. Unfortunatley I dont have an answer, either go and cross your fingers or play it safe and stay at home... (if theyre fine youll kick yourself!)

Sorry couldnt be more help, hope he's ok and hope you get away on your hols!

Can you re schedule your holiday for later in the year? Speak to travel agent maybe?

I managed to get an appointment next friday so fingers crossed as they are doing the EEG so will have to wait until after the weekend to get results but hopfully will no before !!!!:D

Fingers crossed xxxx
Thanks ;0)

Hi munchbunch. I hope you little person is ok hun.i bet your sick to death with worry. My son ewan was diagnosed with epilepsy age 7 he is now 13. We have eegs every 2 months and Mrs scans as he also has two benign tumors.he is on medication twice daily but he still has nocturnal seizures. We went to Austria and used the travel company insure and go..they ask for medical info on the epilepsy and seizures but you don't need to provide any documentation.the are good. If u have and questions or worries and i can help just send me a message.its a scary lonely time...you can't bear having them out your sight. Sending big hugs your way xxxxx

Back