DON'T PANIC! (What do you do if you have a gain?)

Gwella

Silver Member
Hi all. It was my 6th week last week and last night I had a weigh in with 1.5lb gain, when I was expecting maybe a maintain. I knew it would happen some time but still a bit of a shock.

Just wondering if we could collect some ideas for positive thinking and self-talk when you get a gain and tips for moving past it and carrying on!

Thank you anyone!

I just picture myself in 2 scenarios, 1 what would happen next week if i fall off the plan and 2 what would happen if i stay on plan? I also picture how more worse i would feel if i had a bigger gain and than picture myself at how happy i would be once that gain was off and i was losing more of those lbs towards my target x

------------------------------------------
There you go, just drawn you a line so get back on track now and dont beat yourself up over it xx:)

I worry about this each week before WI.
I think it could be a useful thread..

A lady at my group cries every week. .. now I don't know about you but I'm not paying to cry! !

Just check your food diary and start the week fresh! !

It always puts me in a bad mood but I'm a daily weigher! 5 minute mood n forget it!

Use the energy for a good week :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hope I'm not going to be the crier at group tonight :-(

I cried

Don't worry - you could pee 1/2lb! I had a 1 1/2lb gain the other week and lost it again the next and I'm sure you can too. You seemed to be expecting it so you know what to change!

On Friday night I ate 8 biscuits in a row, off plan.
I sort of expected a gain, but in the back of my mind I thought it would be fine.

Its the end of my 6th week and I haven't had a gain yet so it wasn't pleasant.
I'm going to re-read the book as a bit of light bedtime reading and try to draw a line.

I did go into waitrose and pick up a pizza. But I put it back down.

Did you re-lose the whole 1.5lbs the week after your gain? And were you expecting it?

It can get emotional ... I find if I'm feeling sensitive anyway it can set me off!!

What ever it says on the scale I try to rationalise .. I don't look any different even if I gained 1/2 .. could be water.. salt etc etc

I enjoy my treat night and carry on!

I maintained this week and am chuffed with that!

Chin up xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Did you re-lose the whole 1.5lbs the week after your gain? And were you expecting it?

I lost 4lb the week after my gain, my best ever loss. I think this was partly because SOME of the gain was water retention - I had just ovulated (we'll see if the same happens in the future before I know for sure if that caused it). But I had also had a bad week - 3 days where I went well over my syns, and it was largely on wine, which screws with your metabolism and blood sugar and causes cravings. I was expecting a maintain because I had got away with being slightly 'naughty' before but I don't think that really works after the first few weeks. So the gain was a shock, but I should've expected it.

Back