Don't take your CDC for granted!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I never thought I would, but............well, I'll tell you that she's gone away for a fortnight, so I won't get weighed until the week after next. So what am I doing? You guessed it - nibbling again! (You see, that gremlin on my shoulder knows that I'm not going to get weighed on Monday - it also knows that I've nibbled before and it didn't make much difference. So it's saying - 'go on, nibble again - it won't do any harm!!' :mad::mad:) So far I've picked bits off my hubby's hambone, bits of his sausage, and even (shock horror) bits off his garlic bread! :eek: What's the matter with me? I'll tell you what it is - my CDC's not here!! :cry: There's no-one to check me, no-one to weigh me on Monday, no-one to ask me how I'm getting on and what I've been doing. So it's easy to sweep it all under the carpet, isn't it?! :eek:

The CDC is key to why CD works imho. I'm finding this out the hard way at the moment, pathetic as it makes me sound. :sigh: But at the end of the day, you can't kid a kidder and the only one being kidded here is me! I'm not having any chocolate this holiday, but my husband's food will continue to tempt me (why more than usual?! :confused:) and so I must stand firm. I know how ashamed I'll be of myself if I end up with a rubbish weight loss because of this (and my CDC will NOT be happy - she's already said I'm her most conscientious client!) so I need to pretend that she's hovering over my head and stop this NOW!!

Me → :copon:← CDC!

Jaycey you say no one is here to ask how you are doing... BUT we are!! you sum up so well how important our cdc's are .. but ultimately we have to do this for us!!!
You have done fantastically well, you know you don't want the easter choc. it's over rated and you know you don't really want your husbands scraps,you are worth way more than that...
Just think of the thrill you and your CDC will get when she comes back and you have lost several pounds!
Good luck for getting back into it tomorrow.

x
Jacey-->:copon:<-- Minimins Members!​

Do you want me to "tough love" you? I can be sensibly horrible to you for picking?

Stick in for a fortnight and your weight loss will be fanstatic.

I don't see my CDC for 3 weeks :O

Know how you feel Jaycey but you have to hang on in there. Sometimes, I have used things like this as an 'excuse' to let go a little - but by doing that, you put extra weeks onto your Cd journey and trust me honey it gets a bit wearing towards the end. Posting here is a way of stopping the slide - you are facing the problem and trying to work it out.

Lexie & Tilly are DEAD right. You are doing this for YOU. And you are in control, nobody else... so no more picking! Set yourself a target to lose a couple of lbs over next fortnight and get right back on the wagon. Hugs.

xxx

but ultimately we have to do this for us!!!

Absolutely spot on there!

Oh my Jacey, fab post, because it really brings up all sorts of things. I can talk on this one for hours :D :D

My CDC didn't weigh me...ever. Of course, she should have done (it's in the rules;)), but I didn't know that at the time, and told her I didn't want her to weigh me.

One of the reasons I didn't want her to weigh me was because I knew it would shift my motivation into the wrong direction. I did tell her my losses (or gains:eek:), but I blocked out any praise or whatever from her, because I knew it could stop me from taking complete responsibility from myself.

Now that sounds weird, but I knew from past behaviour, that I could be influenced by what diet club leaders said, how they reacted, and would do all sorts of weird things because of it. Everything would be focused on that weigh day, instead of just doing what I was supposed to be doing and making it totally my journey.

It's a long one...I'll stop here :D

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: KD :)

It is nice to hear some honesty..
I think sometimes we just want a magic wand, how many of us haven't dreamed about waking slim?
Thing is we are all here because we are fat, and we are all fat because we have eaten more calories than we have used. Many of us also have emotional eating problems associated with food...
For me, I think the answer has to be total honesty with myself! I feel I am doing so much work on my mind as I am on my body..
I also think sometimes we are scared of hearing the truth, we want babying, but ultimatley, only a hard slog and some home truths will get us there....
Jaycey, You can get there, because you were brave enough to post and say help... instead of nibbling then coming back next week and saying grrr, I just don't know what happened...
Good luck for this week :)

Jaycey, You can get there, because you were brave enough to post and say help... instead of nibbling then coming back next week and saying grrr, I just don't know what happened...
Good luck for this week :)

Exactly. It really was a fab post of Jaycey's because it gives the chance to challenge that crooked thinking.

I think we are chokka blokka with crooked thoughts. It goes with the territory :sigh: and it's so easy to miss what's really going on. We challenge one thing, then miss the obvious and it's not until something inside of us (or someone) says "why?" can we look at it from another angle.

It's like my post about 'success on the scales' or something. How we focus on what the scales are going to say, rather than what we do inbetween the weighins. Of course, what we do inbetween is the whole point.

Anyway, hope I didn't offend you Jaycey. It was a great chance to help people to look for some new answers.:thankyou:

I never thought I would, but............well, I'll tell you that she's gone away for a fortnight, so I won't get weighed until the week after next. So what am I doing? You guessed it - nibbling again! (You see, that gremlin on my shoulder knows that I'm not going to get weighed on Monday - it also knows that I've nibbled before and it didn't make much difference. So it's saying - 'go on, nibble again - it won't do any harm!!' :mad::mad:) So far I've picked bits off my hubby's hambone, bits of his sausage, and even (shock horror) bits off his garlic bread! :eek: What's the matter with me? I'll tell you what it is - my CDC's not here!! :cry: There's no-one to check me, no-one to weigh me on Monday, no-one to ask me how I'm getting on and what I've been doing. So it's easy to sweep it all under the carpet, isn't it?! :eek:

The CDC is key to why CD works imho. I'm finding this out the hard way at the moment, pathetic as it makes me sound. :sigh: But at the end of the day, you can't kid a kidder and the only one being kidded here is me! I'm not having any chocolate this holiday, but my husband's food will continue to tempt me (why more than usual?! :confused:) and so I must stand firm. I know how ashamed I'll be of myself if I end up with a rubbish weight loss because of this (and my CDC will NOT be happy - she's already said I'm her most conscientious client!) so I need to pretend that she's hovering over my head and stop this NOW!!

Me → :copon:← CDC!

Jaycey
I second third and fourth everything everyone else has said and PLEASE learn from my mistakes. twice I havent been weighed and nibbled an consequently am half a stone behind where I wanted to be right now so keep coming on here and we will help you along the way :patback:

Thanks everyone, for all your comments and helpful suggestions - and thanks to KD for liking this post, lol!! ;)

I think I was learning while I was typing actually (often the way on here) - you know you're doing wrong, but actually sitting here and bashing it out makes the words leap out and hit you in the eyeball.

I'm lucky enough to still be in ketosis, and have been really good today - and have just gone around doing non-foody type things really (lots of bedrooms need tidying - all those too-big clothes to sort out! :D). There's an evening meal coming up but hubby can sort himself out - I'm having soup! We're going out later, and again I'm wearing an outfit I haven't been able to get into for ages - so there's my motivation, laid out on the bed. (No, not the hubby, lol! :p)

It was a mad fit that's gone now - but they do happen! And my CDC's invisible but guiding hand knocked that old gremlin off my shoulder - that and my own innate common sense! :eek:

Back