Don't think I can do this

maria 22

My OH is moaning about what i eat and how much,he said i am greedy and addicted to food, and eat for the sake of it,now i have him watching me and my portions and saying why do you need to eat that much,

You've already made the decision to start: feel proud of that. And remember that you're doing this for yourself - you'll feel better, look better and weigh less. Keep going!

Slimming world is a brilliant diet that means you don't necessarily need to watch your portions etc as long as you stick to speed and free foods so can you can feel like you are eating a lot. Contender your partner put you off if you've decided to lose weight :)

*don't let your partner even!

Don't let him put you off. Just think of the amazement he'll feel when, after eating as much as you want, you'll be losing weight! Surely, he should be encouraging you.

Do it for yourself and no-one else and don't let any negativity stop you.

Kathy x

Hmmm explain to him how that makes you feel. Generally those of us that are on SW (or any diet) have issues with food and really don't benefit from having criticism about our eating portions- you have taken a positive step, give yourself a pat on the back for that.

Also next time he comments (or even before he doesn't) get him to read the SW books- you can eat as much as you want of the free foods. Any chance you get him to become your syns conscience? If he understands the plan he could channel his attentions in a positive way.....

Stick to it, you are doing it for you, good luck xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I used to get a lot of negativity from my husband (now ex) when I used to diet .....when I really pushed him on it he didn't want me to lose weight because he was worried I'd leave him. ....as it turned out I did anyway but for entirely different reasons!

Try talking to him and ask him why he is being so negative towards your trying to lose weight. ...There might be more to it x

Whatever you do, don't give up, the reasons for doing this far outweigh the reasons for stopping x

Your husband needs to support you, not criticize you. For some people, having someone saying negative things to them will spur them on in a 'I'll prove you wrong' kind of way, but for others, it just totally zaps their confidence and they start to believe whats being said.

You need to remain focused and ignore him.

I think from your previous messages, you have already lost weight and only have a few pounds to go, so I think you might have already proved to your husband that you are not the things he says you are...believe in yourself and be strong.

Sounds to me like he may have some issues of his own going on!!

He is rude. Ignore him. We don't have to listen to rude people. Tell him that you are prepared to have a sensible polite discussion but if he is rude you aren't going to listen.

He watches what you eat? That's rude too! Personally, I would refuse to eat in front of anyone who did that - I would eat at another time or go into another room.

He is rude. Ignore him. We don't have to listen to rude people. Tell him that you are prepared to have a sensible polite discussion but if he is rude you aren't going to listen.

He watches what you eat? That's rude too! Personally, I would refuse to eat in front of anyone who did that - I would eat at another time or go into another room.
I will have to do that

My OH is moaning about what i eat and how much,he said i am greedy and addicted to food, and eat for the sake of it,now i have him watching me and my portions and saying why do you need to eat that much,

Goodness, this sent shivers down my spine. Took me back 30 years when I was 22 and married to a man who said and did these things. I didn't realize at the time that he was not only a bully but a very insecure person who made me feel bad to make himself feel better.

Do it for you maria 22. xx

I must admit, like sewing bee, this made me very uncomfortable. No-one should be spoken to like that, least of all from the person who loves you. Perhaps through the internet, any tone is removed and he was being more jokey than mean, but if it was said in seriousness then I hope you are able to tell him how those comments made you feel. If he respects you he will be on your side, rather than attacking you.

One of the reasons I love SW is the sheer volume you get to eat. I love food and eat loads. My sister does ww and she is constantly hungry and not losing weight very quickly. You need to fuel your body and sw lets you do that in a healthy way.

:bighug:Sorry I missed this. Hope you are feeling better today.

i echo what all the others have said xxx

Just keep strong hun, and as the others have said, ignore him. You're doing really well, you don't need his sanction, or criticism, and his comments aren't helpful. You've succeeded so far on your own, and you know you CAN do this, because you already are, even without his support. Just tell him to push off.

Just keep strong hun, and as the others have said, ignore him. You're doing really well, you don't need his sanction, or criticism, and his comments aren't helpful. You've succeeded so far on your own, and you know you CAN do this, because you already are, even without his support. Just tell him to push off.
The reason my oh is funny he takes sandwiches to work ,and why should i have cooked food he said im obseesed in food which i am not,he would like to see me eat little x

you don't have to eat little to lose weight, as we all know. and why shouldn't you have cooked food?! I hope you don't make his sandwiches for him lol

Tell him to 'sod off' and go to the chippy for lunch if he's jealous! He should be bloody grateful you make his lunch for him in the first place, never mind criticising you!!! :rant2: Ahem!

Kathy x

Back