Dont want to lose my fab consultant!

GracieMai

When i joining slimming world in May, the consultant for the group had just gone on maternity leave. We have had a fill in consultant and she is fab, but unfortunately she will leave us when the original consultant comes back from maternity. Is it rude to leave my group and go to another to follow my lovely consultant. She really inspires me and dont want the other lady back :cry:

That sounds awful doesnt it, but i dont mean to be rude about the original lady.

You can go where ever you like, we do get quite attached to our consultants when we get a good one and tbh they can make or break a group for people.
Ours left a bit ago and we have a new consultant, she is super but does things quite differently so took a bit of getting used to. I think that they are all great, they just take classes differently. I'd say give the new one a chance but I also don't think it's bad to follow the one you have now.
Jay xx

Its not wrong to think like this Hun. If you feel that you are getting the support that you need from the current Consultant, then I would say follow her.

No not at all.

I used to have a wonderful consultant but she got a dream job down south and we had a new lady come and replace her. I was not the only person who didn't get on with the new one, so we changed groups.
Now, I have to say that after 10 weeks, I still don't feel as settled at the 'new' one as I did at the old (the class is less welcoming)..in fact, we're thinking of moving again but I don't want to become a nomad!

Follow your heart. You have to be selfish and do this for YOU. If that means following a consultant that you like, then do it! Wouldn't you rather her help you to target than sit in a class and possibly be unmotivated, wasting your money and time?

Thanks for all your replies, I was beginning to feel guilty about feeling like that but you are all totally right. I am doing this for me and i shouldnt stay with a consultant that i dont want to be with. However i will give the first consultant a go and see how i get on with her before swapping groups. Thanks all, I always know i'll get the answers i need on here. x

Back