dont you hate it when

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Dont you hate it when you have a hungry day at work and end up Eating all your food and snacks way before you should so now i have just had my lunch and have nothing left til i finish work at 7 and i dont take money to work as i have little self control with the vending machines

I'm the same, I only get one 15minute break for maybe a 6-7 hour shift, am on my feet all day and sometimes due to staffing problems and a seeming inability to schedule everyone correctly I end up having to take my break ridiculously early one or two hours into my shift or risk not getting it at all. So then I eat whatever I've brought for my break and spent the remaining 4-5hours being very hungry and working with pizzas and cooked chicken/ribs/pasties/gammon shanks doesn't help either! Means that after my shift I risk an almighty binge so I try to have dinner planned and pre prepared as much as possible so that it's just ready to heat as soon as i get home but it's not easy and it's what I'm finding most difficult at the moment.

I always have a back up. I keep a box of emergency hi-fi's some mug shots, noodles and tins of beans at work. Then I still take my daily food with me as well, including plenty of fruit, to date most days I bring some of my daily food home, but there has been the occasion, mainly night shift where I have had to use my emergency stash, which I have been so glad for as if not I would be eating toast etc or something from the machine.

shellywelly1983 said:
I always have a back up. I keep a box of emergency hi-fi's some mug shots, noodles and tins of beans at work. Then I still take my daily food with me as well, including plenty of fruit, to date most days I bring some of my daily food home, but there has been the occasion, mainly night shift where I have had to use my emergency stash, which I have been so glad for as if not I would be eating toast etc or something from the machine.

I do have savoury Rice but no superfree to have with it

I'm not saying you should do this but if I was in your situation and was hungry at work with nothing else to eat but savoury rice and had to last 3 more hours, Id have some. I would just try not eat the third i would usually replace with superfree. Or you could just make half the packet so you can't over do it. If you can manage without until 7 then fair enough but I'm sure a bit of savoury rice without superfree wont harm as its a one off. At least your not doing it with every meal :)

But look on the bright side, your tummy is a little fuller, you're achieving body magic with all the walking to the loo and time will fly before you know it lol :D

I am like that today in work, fighting with myself to save food for later as I still have 4 hours until I get home!!

Just had a large mug of green tea to try and fool my tummy :)

Back