Don't you just hate it when....

I doubt they do. I am one of those slimmer girls who isn't happy with her weight or shape but does that mean am not allowed to moan about weight the way bigger folk do? I don't look at anyone and think anything about them as its how we feel as an individual....does it matter your size if your bloated your bloated.
Everyone is allowed to say how they feel regardless

I guess all these things are relative hun, but if I'm honest, When my slim friend talks about how fat she is I get really very annoyed because even when she was 9 months pregnant she was still a hell of a lot slimmer than me. Now, whilst the rational part of my brain gets she isn't having a dig at me, or even thining about me when she says it, the irrational part is thinking - SHUT UP!! You'd disappear behind a lampost if you turned side on!

Dyjhiw......you decide to treat yourself to a small bag of choccy buttons as you have loads of syns left to use, only to find the 8.5 syns were for half a bag! So I've just eaten 17 syns all in one go, Ooops!!

Dyjhiw......you decide to treat yourself to a small bag of choccy buttons as you have loads of syns left to use, only to find the 8.5 syns were for half a bag! So I've just eaten 17 syns all in one go, Ooops!!

OMG GUTTED for you. That is really quite annoying.

And now all I can think about is choocy buttons and I've eaten all my syns today.

RUBBISH

DYJHIW you are in a hot office all day which smells of feet and the weather is stunning outside!

kingleds said:
OMG GUTTED for you. That is really quite annoying.

And now all I can think about is choocy buttons and I've eaten all my syns today.

RUBBISH

DYJHIW you are in a hot office all day which smells of feet and the weather is stunning outside!

Eeww poor you!!! I don't do feet!!

Feet and armpits are the body parts which make me gag - but I get where you're coming from with ears and belly buttons too! I just had 10 minutes to kill before going out for dinner so thought I'd look on here - the thought of an office smelling like feet is a great appetite supressant!!

I HATE ears holes and belly buttons. I can barely even cope with my own belly button but the thought of anyone else's makes me shudder. Eurgh. My OH thinks it's a hilarious game to try and touch my belly button without me punching him or having a sulk. (That sounds weirder written down than it did in my head!)

I doubt they do. I am one of those slimmer girls who isn't happy with her weight or shape but does that mean am not allowed to moan about weight the way bigger folk do? I don't look at anyone and think anything about them as its how we feel as an individual....does it matter your size if your bloated your bloated.
Everyone is allowed to say how they feel regardless

I know everyone has a moan about their weight now and again im not saying dont moan (it can even be good for the soul lol). It just gets annoying when there are girls in my office who are size 6-8 and moan about being "fat" that to me is silly, sure they themselves may feel bigger if they have put a few pounds on but no one would ever call them fat EVER! half the time ive found with these girls (who by the way have never been over wieght) its for attention, waiting for some one to say "what are you on about, your not fat at all" just for some positive re-enforcement. All i was getting at was that if they use the word fat when theyre so skinny anyway then lord knows what they would class me as lol :)

Majella86 said:
I know everyone has a moan about their weight now and again im not saying dont moan (it can even be good for the soul lol). It just gets annoying when there are girls in my office who are size 6-8 and moan about being "fat" that to me is silly, sure they themselves may feel bigger if they have put a few pounds on but no one would ever call them fat EVER! half the time ive found with these girls (who by the way have never been over wieght) its for attention, waiting for some one to say "what are you on about, your not fat at all" just for some positive re-enforcement. All i was getting at was that if they use the word fat when theyre so skinny anyway then lord knows what they would class me as lol :)

Am sure you are lovely and who cares what they may think. Your on sw as you have made a decision to get healthy which is brilliant.
I do "get" it when small folk say it as I know someone myself who is like that who is really thin.
I don't personally say it myself for any attention etc but I know where your coming from x

hendopig said:
I HATE ears holes and belly buttons. I can barely even cope with my own belly button but the thought of anyone else's makes me shudder. Eurgh. My OH thinks it's a hilarious game to try and touch my belly button without me punching him or having a sulk. (That sounds weirder written down than it did in my head!)

It doesn't sound at all weird, and I for one am glad you think like this cos it means I'm not alone :)

I had my heart set on doing Nursing, I'd got a place on the access course for September and then due to a change in the job I got for the Olympics, it would mean missing the first 7/8 days in college, so I asked them if it was ok, and obviously made it clear I was willing to do extra to catch up. The course tutor has refused to let me, claiming(without even knowing me) that id never catch up, or be successful on the course!
So once again I try to make something of my life-and fail :( I don't know what to do now-after September 30th I have nothing :(

Hi WT

I work in an FE college - was a course leader but was promoted a couple of years ago and am now responsible for for quite a few courses. The point is is that the course leader is definitely NOT the person in charge - there are at least 3 or 4 people above her. If you want to do this course ring up the college switchboard and find out who's in charge of that area, then call them - if they're not available, email them asking them to call you. Explain you have been offered a place on the course but the offer has been withdrawn as you have a work committment you can't get out of and you can't start the course until the second week. Tell them that you are willing to do work over the summer to prepare for the work you are going to miss and that you promise to be completely up to date ASAP. Emphasise how motivated you are and that by missing the first week (and because full time courses aren't 5 days a week you'll only be missing a couple of days) you won't have to work part time so it means you can focus totally on the course. If that doesn't work then put a formal complaint in to the college principal - but you shouldn't have to got that far.

Sometimes I have to overturn some of the decisions my course leaders make about turning people away and sometimes I back them up and my boss overturns my decisions! It's all part of the way things work in FE - we have a team to make sure we make the right decisions because everybody makes mistakes and it's important that we catch and correct the mistakes because it's people's futures we are affecting.

So go -give them a ring. And if you need any help PM me.

Good luck!

MadameLaMinx said:
You try to rep someone and hit report post instead. Twice today I have done that already :D TINY BUTTONS!!!

How do you report ports on iPhone? I wanna report EVERYONE! Lol

Don't type at me with that tone of voice!

Back