Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW wee ones won't go asleep & are driving you nuts!

DYJHIW despite being happily veggie for the past six months, you find your willpower sorely tortured by the smell of a freshly cooked chicken nugget, of all things. Bacon, I can handle, happily survived that no bother. But a chicken nugget???

PS - being as this new forum update thing updates while you are sitting typing...

(((Welshtigger))) I dont know what is making you feel that way but it isnt true and dont listen to it.

Shirleen said:
What going on? You ARE NOT a failure, in this incidence your feelings are wrong!

I had my heart set on doing Nursing, I'd got a place on the access course for September and then due to a change in the job I got for the Olympics, it would mean missing the first 7/8 days in college, so I asked them if it was ok, and obviously made it clear I was willing to do extra to catch up. The course tutor has refused to let me, claiming(without even knowing me) that id never catch up, or be successful on the course!
So once again I try to make something of my life-and fail :( I don't know what to do now-after September 30th I have nothing :(

MadameLaMinx said:
DYJHIW despite being happily veggie for the past six months, you find your willpower sorely tortured by the smell of a freshly cooked chicken nugget, of all things. Bacon, I can handle, happily survived that no bother. But a chicken nugget???

PS - being as this new forum update thing updates while you are sitting typing...

(((Welshtigger))) I dont know what is making you feel that way but it isnt true and dont listen to it.

Thanks MLM but I genuinely feel that way :( I've spent 10-15 years in the shadow of my incredibly intelligent sister and cousins who have degrees coming out of their ears, and the one chance I have to make something out of my life-and it goes tits up!!!!

Welshtigger said:
I had my heart set on doing Nursing, I'd got a place on the access course for September and then due to a change in the job I got for the Olympics, it would mean missing the first 7/8 days in college, so I asked them if it was ok, and obviously made it clear I was willing to do extra to catch up. The course tutor has refused to let me, claiming(without even knowing me) that id never catch up, or be successful on the course!
So once again I try to make something of my life-and fail :( I don't know what to do now-after September 30th I have nothing :(

Can you approach anyone else? I think that's really unfair :(

It's not tits up yet. Drag out your fighting spirit and take your case higher than the course tutor. If this is your dream, and you really CANT do both, then you need to decide which is more important, but first and foremost, make sure that it really is impossible to do both.

MadameLaMinx said:
It's not tits up yet. Drag out your fighting spirit and take your case higher than the course tutor. If this is your dream, and you really CANT do both, then you need to decide which is more important, but first and foremost, make sure that it really is impossible to do both.

I don't want to pass up the once in a lifetime opportunity to work at the Olympics! And also the money I earn will potentially keep me going through atleast 3 months of college

I'd phone again or if it's not too far away go down in person (bring choc as a bribe?)

That's really crap situation :(

Nomes said:
I'd phone again or if it's not too far away go down in person (bring choc as a bribe?)

That's really crap situation :(

Yep!! The problem is, it's the course tutor who said no-so naff all I can do about it-it's her course! She says who does it :( x

I would still be inclined to go over her head, and even ask for the first weeks course work NOW so that you can be ready prepared for when you return. She will have a boss that supervises her, and they will have some sway. If you approach them, explain that you are MORE than happy to do this work before the course has even started, but that financially this opportunity could be very helpful for you and that you were not aware until now that the two would clash and that you are VERY dedicated to your study plans, they might be able to talk her round.

This crossed my mind when I saw the Tagline 'Baby Withey due in August' but I thought I'd got that wrong.

Also my apologies if my post on BF in any way implied that breastfeeding is the only way to go, I specifically worded it so that it inferred that if you got to six weeks it was obvious you had already found it was possible.
I'd hate to think that I upset anyone.

I know but I have always had a firmly positive outlook only.

If I went around saying it might not work I wouldn't have lost 4 stone in 4 months on slimming world!

I know bf is hard and many people have complications and yes I may be one of them. I have three friends who have tried and been unable to continue breast feeding but if I go into it with a defeatist attitude like that I'm hardly going to succeed am I!

I've produced breast milk previously when I've not been pregnant and I also did as a baby, I naturally produce the hormone for breast milk all the time, I've been leaking since 16 weeks. I've suffered mastitis and cracked nipples with none of the joy of having a baby being the reason and because I've previously experienced those issues I'm better equipped to avoid them as best as you can. I know how painful both can be and how irritating.

I think it's funny how you mainly hear the negative experiences about breast feeding and labour and once somebody has a negative experience it feels like that shapes their entire view and because it happened to them it WILL happen to you - not it might.

I'm an intelligent young woman and I know things don't always happen the way we want or imagine they will but I prefer going through life viewing the world with a glass half full attitude and not a glass half empty as I think that would be an extremely depressing way to live!

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences with me both good and bad, hearing both sides in excellent way of preparation for whatever may happen. But it won't stop me from beginning breast feeding confident and positive because that's just who I am :)

X x x

Aw, I feel bad now. I certainly wasn't meaning to be negative or imply one way is better than another. I just had a friend who focused so much on how her daughter's birth didn't go to plan she seemed to lose sight of the fact that a miracle had occurred!! You're obviously far more positive about everything than she ever was.

Apologies for any offence caused :giveup:

Yep!! The problem is, it's the course tutor who said no-so naff all I can do about it-it's her course! She says who does it :( x

Betcha she wouldn't like it if the local rag ran a story about it! She does not have final say the Dean/Head does and I think in this instance you need to talk to them x

Shirleen said:
Betcha she wouldn't like it if the local rag ran a story about it! She does not have final say the Dean/Head does and I think in this instance you need to talk to them x

... You're in work from 7.15 till 6 then have to stay for part of a first aid course till 9 o clock tonight!

Back