Don't you just hate it when....

**punk*~*star** said:
Just a quick update - I spoke to SW consultant who have me free2go leaflets for daughter, I spoke to her & explained we were going to tweak a few things & be a bit healthier but she could still have crisps & choc (just not as much) also told her that my son is doing it too- they have stuck to plan all week & shes lost 0.5lb & he's lost 1lb :)

Here's hoping it continues...

That's fab!! :)

when you are constantly told to be positive, yet positivity leads to hope and hope only leads to disappointment.

Is it better to be positive and take the inevitable fall? Or assume the worse and maybe get a happy surprise?

mil's should be illegal x

jezzi999 said:
I prefer my MIL too. I feel very sorry for OH marrying into my lot!

Yup! I reserve days my OH has to spend with my family for when he's really annoyed me. In fact, think we may be due another visit!

*Emsie* said:
hmmm....depends on the situation I suppose x

Well in general I guess, although I do have a few things going on at the moment. I am a glass half empty kinda person by nature but I sometimes wonder if this doesn't do me any favours!

jezzi999 said:
I used to be like that with weight loss. Just assumed I would fail so I always did. Once I started to dare to believe I might succeed then things really changed.

But then it only really works with things that you can influence eg weight loss, career etc.

If you are referring to TTC (as I notice you're trying), I'm not saying that you should expect to fail by any means, but just that there's not much physically you can do to influence things, so you can't blame yourself whether you are positive or negative about it isn't going to make a great deal of difference.

The weight loss is part of it. This is furthest I have ever got, the most weight I have ever lost. This is the point where on every other occasion I have given up. It's a weird feeling and it's hard to believe that I might actually succeed because I never have before. I worry that i will eventually talk myself into giving up. Does that make sense?

With TTC - hoping hurts. So I go for negative because it hurts less. Then I wonder if maybe my attitude does affect it all? Maybe if I was more upbeat about the who thing then I'd stand a better chance? They do say that if you are relaxed you stand a better chance? I am so far from relaxed it's not even funny!

I just want to be normal sometimes. I am also aware that I am probably over thinking everything!

jezzi999 said:
Everyone says being positive helps you conceive but there's no proof behind it. It's the kind of inane thing people say - I've known people give up trying in the pit of despair and then conceive. So I really don't think there's any science to it - I've certainly never seen any studies to prove it - it's just one of those things people say.

I work in an oncology unit and people always say to people with cancer "if you have a positive mental attitude you'll beat it".

People mean well with what they say, but what happens is we then get these poor patients breaking down in tears admitting to the staff that actually they are scared, terrified, depressed, and then they feel guilty because surely if they are depressed then because they aren't being positive they'll be making themselves sicker, and its all their own fault.

These poor souls actually believe they are making their cancer worse by being afraid, by fearing the worse. All because of what some "well meaning" friend or even stranger has said.

It's ok to be afraid, to hurt, to feel down sometimes. We're all only human. X

I've read this, had a good 'ol cry and it has helped. It's true - I feel like it is my fault because I'm stressed out. That I'm doing something wrong. The more I get told to relax and be positive the more uptight I get. And I get told that a lot. God knows how much more awful that must feel to someone who has cancer to deal with. I am so bloody lucky that at least my issues aren't life threatening or dangerous in any way.

Thank you - this really has made me feel less rubbish xxx

jezzi999 said:
They might not be life threatening, but you are entitled, allowed, normal to feel sad and frustrated. Sod people and their "helpful" advice, just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep working towards your goals focusing on the things that you can actually control. Like you say your weightloss may help you TTC, so thats something you can control. So focus on that kind of stuff.

Trying to keep focused on SW helps a lot. Being on here helps, as long as I pretend that some bits of the forum don't exist ;) Just being able to talk helps! I can't really talk to husband, he just gets upset because I am and I don't really have anyone else IRL to talk to. So all of this helps! x

Trying to keep focused on SW helps a lot. Being on here helps, as long as I pretend that some bits of the forum don't exist ;) Just being able to talk helps! I can't really talk to husband, he just gets upset because I am and I don't really have anyone else IRL to talk to. So all of this helps! x

Hi Missy, not had a look at your TTC diary, but I will go have a look now. Not sure how long you've been TTC or what (if anything) you're doing to help yourself along, but I went through TTC with PCOS, researched loads of vitamins for both me and my fiance to take, tracked my ovulation and cycles etc and got pregnant so much faster than my doctor thought I would, as I was told I would't conceive naturally but I did. If you'd like me to tell you what I did (if you don't think i'm being a nosey know-it-all, as I know it's hard to have everyone telling you what to do) then i'm happy to share with you. If not, no offense taken :) xx

sammyb1985 said:
Hi Missy, not had a look at your TTC diary, but I will go have a look now. Not sure how long you've been TTC or what (if anything) you're doing to help yourself along, but I went through TTC with PCOS, researched loads of vitamins for both me and my fiance to take, tracked my ovulation and cycles etc and got pregnant so much faster than my doctor thought I would, as I was told I would't conceive naturally but I did. If you'd like me to tell you what I did (if you don't think i'm being a nosey know-it-all, as I know it's hard to have everyone telling you what to do) then i'm happy to share with you. If not, no offense taken :) xx

Thanks Sammy, I sent you a PM xxx

Everyone says being positive helps you conceive but there's no proof behind it. It's the kind of inane thing people say - I've known people give up trying in the pit of despair and then conceive. So I really don't think there's any science to it - I've certainly never seen any studies to prove it - it's just one of those things people say.

I work in an oncology unit and people always say to people with cancer "if you have a positive mental attitude you'll beat it".

People mean well with what they say, but what happens is we then get these poor patients breaking down in tears admitting to the staff that actually they are scared, terrified, depressed, and then they feel guilty because surely if they are depressed then because they aren't being positive they'll be making themselves sicker, and its all their own fault.

These poor souls actually believe they are making their cancer worse by being afraid, by fearing the worse. All because of what some "well meaning" friend or even stranger has said.

It's ok to be afraid, to hurt, to feel down sometimes. We're all only human. X

DYJHIW you want to 'reputation' the above post but don't know how to!! Great post x

The weight loss is part of it. This is furthest I have ever got, the most weight I have ever lost. This is the point where on every other occasion I have given up. It's a weird feeling and it's hard to believe that I might actually succeed because I never have before. I worry that i will eventually talk myself into giving up. Does that make sense?

With TTC - hoping hurts. So I go for negative because it hurts less. Then I wonder if maybe my attitude does affect it all? Maybe if I was more upbeat about the who thing then I'd stand a better chance? They do say that if you are relaxed you stand a better chance? I am so far from relaxed it's not even funny!

I just want to be normal sometimes. I am also aware that I am probably over thinking everything!

I just wanted to say - you are normal you have done really well with your weight loss so far! I so hope you achieve what you want. There are some fantastically supportive people on here and they will always be here for you. Wii Fit. x

Back