Don't you just hate it when....

I agree, honey, you deserve so much better! I know the thought of being on your own is scary, but this person is doing much more harm than good and it's not fair for you to be treated that way xx

Jenna88 said:
Dyjhiw you're having one of those days when you don't know what you want to do with your life apart from just curl up and hide? Agh! Please tell me other people feel like this as regularly as I do lol

Yep-I have them quite a lot x hugs x

Hugs to you Jo xx

Whoever is saying these things to you sounds like an arsehole and you need to get rid. If its a family member or a partner - it's domestic violence. If its someone else, then get shot. Walk away and never look back.

You sound like you've identified that you've got some demons, which is a huge thing to recognise in itself. Next step is to work on these. See your gp, or the guy you mentioned previously and start tackling your issues. If packing up and starting afresh would be a helpful step then so be it. Do it. It's never going to be a bad thing.

You need to surround yourself with lots of positivity and believe in yourself more. Pm me if you want to natter Hun xx

Dyjhiw you're having one of those days when you don't know what you want to do with your life apart from just curl up and hide? Agh! Please tell me other people feel like this as regularly as I do lol

Poor you, honey. Maybe it'll be better once you start at your new school and have some stability up to Christmas? I don't know how you move around to different ones all the time - that would drive me crazy because I get really nervous about things like that!

I've been having a bit of a similar phase the last couple of weeks because work has been horrible, so I can definitely sympathise.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks chick, I just feel really sorry for myself which I know is completely ridiculous. The school I'm in today asked me if I could work tomorrow and I said no I had an appointment which is stupid as I need the money but I just couldn't face another day of randomness!

Hope having my own class for a bit makes it better. Thing is I'm not qualified to do anything else if I want out of teaching agh! Have you heard back from the job you applied for yet?x

Presumably you've got a degree, if you're teaching? So that in itself opens the doors to lots of things if you wanted to change. You're still easily young enough to re-train. Is there something in particular you fancy doing?

No word on the job, unfortunately. I tried to call the agency twice at the end of last week to chase, but got voicemail both times. Will try again later but it's not looking good. Today is marginally better here, but I think it's slowly eating my soul being here, so I'll definitely stay on the hunt. xx

I'm on my lunch & just caught up with this thread, to Welshtigger I'd say you know you need to change the relationship, it's just finding the right time, eventually you'll do what is needed. I'm happy for you to pm me at anytime, however, for this particular problem all I can do is listen (which maybe all you need), it would seem you'll get practical help from others on here, you have so many virtual friends on here we all want to help you.

Jenna88 if you feel you are in the wrong career there is nothing stopping you changing, is it teaching you want to do, perhaps you could look at a different age group to teach. Or if teaching isn't your thing, what would you like to do, you are so young, you've probaly got about 40 years working life ahead of you, so now really isn't to late to change careers. You could continue doing teaching whilst you look at alternatives, at least you'll have some money coming in.

I changed jobs and after a few weeks realised I couldn't work with my boss, so after 6 months I left with no job to go to, my main concerns where putting on my CV the reason I'd left & how would I deal with it at the interview. I just told the truth, I explained why I couldn't work with my boss & I said I was grown up enough to realse when I'd made a mistake & it was better I left of my own accord rather than be sacked. I got another job & I'm still in the same industry.

My DYJHIW seems rather tame in comparison, today I answered the phone at work & instead of putting the person on hold, put them on loudspeaker, fortunately I called them grumpy, it could have been worse.

*Emsie* said:
Dyjhiw you get your knickers all in a twist about work and are supposed to be at a training session this afternoon and drove there but instead of turning into the drive you drove past and back home! Which is only going to make it more difficult for you to go into work tomorrow :cry:

What's going in Emsie? You can still make it if you turn around now.....unless there is a specific reason you don't want to go to this training?

*Emsie* said:
Dyjhiw you get your knickers all in a twist about work and are supposed to be at a training session this afternoon and drove there but instead of turning into the drive you drove past and back home! Which is only going to make it more difficult for you to go into work tomorrow :cry:

Hugs hun. Why don't you want to go in? Is it something that can be overcome or not today? X

Just want to say thank you to all the kind people who've posted in response to my DYJHIW post. Whilst I'm feeling really know, and don't have many friends, it's nice to know that I can always turn to virtual buddies on here. I really appreciate you all xx Jo xx

Welshtigger said:
Just want to say thank you to all the kind people who've posted in response to my DYJHIW post. Whilst I'm feeling really know, and don't have many friends, it's nice to know that I can always turn to virtual buddies on here. I really appreciate you all xx Jo xx

Always here chick, either on the boards or via pm x

This forum is so fab, isn't it :)

Yep, lots of us here, whenever you need us. Hope things get better for you lovely - hang on in there xx

The reason I don't want to go in is probably partly because totm has arrived and am feeling crappy and headachy but I think its a lot to do with how I feel about my job altogether.
When I applied for this job I went for the grade above but got this grade. I hoped to work up but it hasn't happened for various reasons and I am left feeling frustrated and resentful and to a point am not willing to put in the extra that could possibly get me further. I applied for a job the grade above at the end of last year but didn't get it.
The pay is not great and when I am there I have to do more or less the same as people the grade above me even though they get paid more.
The training days are another way of budget cutting with people at my grade. We aren't contracted to go in unless are asked to and then we get paid for that. There was a list put up on the board the last day of half term and my name was on it to go in for this afternoons training and I think because I am feeling so resentful it just f-ed me off.
On paper the job looks ideal I get all the school holidays work just school hours etc so it should fit in great with the family and I keep trying to tell myself that and stick at it but although I don't dislike the work I don't like the job and it feels like the amount of hours I have to put in for the monthly take home is crap but I do get loads of paid holiday and it feels stupid to give it up.
For various reasons (3 kids being a big reason ) my career has never got anywhere and the job is just making me feel really crappy about myself and my abilities.
On paper I have the qualifications to do the grade above but just can't get there and don't know if its what I want to do anyway!
I know I should be grateful that I have a regular job etc but am not feeling that way and it seems to be building up again in me.
I saw some people from work when I was out on Saturday and I didn't want to speak to them and went to the other end of the pub to avoid it and its been bugging me since then.
I'm not sure what to do but am too late for todays training anyway now.

Dyjhiw your boss challenges you about breaching trust on a personal issue and I really don't know if it was me or not. I don't remember saying anything to the person who I'm supposed to have told. I've apologised and my boss isn't one to hold a grudge but should I call said person to see if it was me that spoke out of turn or just let it go?

The reason I don't want to go in is probably partly because totm has arrived and am feeling crappy and headachy but I think its a lot to do with how I feel about my job altogether.
When I applied for this job I went for the grade above but got this grade. I hoped to work up but it hasn't happened for various reasons and I am left feeling frustrated and resentful and to a point am not willing to put in the extra that could possibly get me further. I applied for a job the grade above at the end of last year but didn't get it.
The pay is not great and when I am there I have to do more or less the same as people the grade above me even though they get paid more.
The training days are another way of budget cutting with people at my grade. We aren't contracted to go in unless are asked to and then we get paid for that. There was a list put up on the board the last day of half term and my name was on it to go in for this afternoons training and I think because I am feeling so resentful it just f-ed me off.
On paper the job looks ideal I get all the school holidays work just school hours etc so it should fit in great with the family and I keep trying to tell myself that and stick at it but although I don't dislike the work I don't like the job and it feels like the amount of hours I have to put in for the monthly take home is crap but I do get loads of paid holiday and it feels stupid to give it up.
For various reasons (3 kids being a big reason ) my career has never got anywhere and the job is just making me feel really crappy about myself and my abilities.
On paper I have the qualifications to do the grade above but just can't get there and don't know if its what I want to do anyway!
I know I should be grateful that I have a regular job etc but am not feeling that way and it seems to be building up again in me.
I saw some people from work when I was out on Saturday and I didn't want to speak to them and went to the other end of the pub to avoid it and its been bugging me since then.
I'm not sure what to do but am too late for todays training anyway now.

I can understand how you feel, Emsie. It gets to that point where you really can't be bothered to put in any more than the absolute minimum effort because you don't get any thanks for it.

Yes, it's good having a job that fits in with family etc., but you spend so much time at work, you need to be happy in your job too.

I'm sure you've done all the usual like chatting to HR about the development prospects to see if there's a chance for you to move up to your rightful grade soon? If they won't progress you, maybe it's time to move on?

Sending you big hugs xx

No problem hun hope you are feeeling better and can see the person saying these things is out of order and you can find the strength to deal with them however you decide is best ( with a big boot in the opposite direction I reckon!)xx

I can understand how you feel, Emsie. It gets to that point where you really can't be bothered to put in any more than the absolute minimum effort because you don't get any thanks for it.

Yes, it's good having a job that fits in with family etc., but you spend so much time at work, you need to be happy in your job too.

I'm sure you've done all the usual like chatting to HR about the development prospects to see if there's a chance for you to move up to your rightful grade soon? If they won't progress you, maybe it's time to move on?

Sending you big hugs xx

Thanks hun x When have spoken to them they want you to go in for the training out of hours etc and theres no gurantee that that will get me any where either.
It seems crazy for me to give up the holidays but I am really not liking the position I am in and its knocking my self confidence and making me feel like I'm not capable of doing the job of the grade above even though most of the time I am anyway! The grade above work slightly longer hours and have a few more responsibilities but they get paid a lot more to do them!

Back