Don't you just hate it when....

My names Joanne, I always introduce myself as Joanne, so why do people assume without permission they can straight away call me Jo. My dad (I am in my 40s) still tells people if we wanted her to be called Jo that's what we would have called her - so funny.

Actually what I really hate is when people call me Sheila! Why????? Oh I think I'll call you Darren even if your name is Dave, or Debbie if your name is Denise!

ooooo the name thing really gets to me too. Especially in work when including my email address, email signature and when I sign the bottom of the email my name is spelt correctly at least 3 times but people always get it wrong. I've even had someone try to correct me on the spelling of my own name, I'm Kerri and someone asked me to spell my name and when I did they asked if I meant Kerry or Kerrie. Erm no, I know how to spell my own name thanks x

Last edited:
Gah don't get me started on names. My parents thought it'd be fun to give me a double barreled first name - Carrie-Ann. I hate being called Carrie and I always use my full name but it gets shortened all the time and it drives me mad! The amount of people that accuse me of being pompous and think that I'm using my "middle" name and I'm like no, I have a middle name also!!! Sorry. Rant over for now....

........your belly is so bloated that you look at least 6 months pregnant :(

otherwise known as a food baby! i get this way too much xxx

dyjhiw people can't accept the fact that you don't like something just because it's something they like...if that makes sense lol

Lol, does that mean I can go to mothercare this afternoon ;)

haha sure why not! nah.. unfortunately (or fortunately?) food babies are gone within 24 hours and are then known as toilet babies
:hide:

xxx

Little one had managed to loose his PJ top, seriously all the toys in his room and he chooses to not only play with his clothes, he managed to loose them! Happen to be his best pair as well. And all my boyfriend can say is it'll turn up, well that's nice of you to say after I searched little ones room while getting him ready and also tried to explain to him that its not acceptable to play with clothes and loose them, while said boyfriend sat downstairs on his arse. Yes I understand he's tired after work, but at the end of the day we're all tired! It better bloody turn up tomorrow

juicygooseface said:
haha sure why not! nah.. unfortunately (or fortunately?) food babies are gone within 24 hours and are then known as toilet babies
:hide:

xxx

Hahahaha!!!! This made me laugh so much!! :D I'm going to feel awful now flushing the toilet babies away.....

luce28 said:
People who say "skizzors" for scissors should DIE. Ditto "keckle" for kettle. And "pompadumps" for poppadoms (sorry, mum).

Hi, my name is Luce, and I have an intolerance for whimsy.

Similar one for me, I hate when people say aks instead of ask. Or when people are trying to explain something they say "what it is, is..." or they say things like "for the simple reason that"

I'm not a violent person but I would strangle those people :p

Also, just had this happen to me, **** you not.

DYJHIW your sister (who doesnt live with you) has friends over, and you walk downstairs to see 1) she's invited more people without telling you, and 2) one of them is rolling a spliff on your nice new chopping board

It's a butchers block chopping board, I was so close to caving their skull in with it

Back