Don't you just hate it when....

Thought I'd let ya's know....he's ok, in hospital getting loads of tests but basically, he took cramp so bounced out of bed too quick. Instead of sitting back down he hobbled into bathroom, fell over & hit his head. He's in for observation.

When you are usually more excited than the kids that the summer holidays are here but due to your sons emotional & violent outbursts (which are happening ALOT at the minute) you are struggling to work out how you're going to get through the next 6 weeks & still make it fun for your daughters who are caught in the crossfire :(

When you are usually more excited than the kids that the summer holidays are here but due to your sons emotional & violent outbursts (which are happening ALOT at the minute) you are struggling to work out how you're going to get through the next 6 weeks & still make it fun for your daughters who are caught in the crossfire :(

Doyou get any support like respite or are there any playschemes you can get him booked into or the girls so they have a bit of space from each other?I know it is hard to get help.
Any reasons why theres an increase in the outbursts?

*Emsie* said:
Doyou get any support like respite or are there any playschemes you can get him booked into or the girls so they have a bit of space from each other?I know it is hard to get help.
Any reasons why theres an increase in the outbursts?

He's being assessed at the minute for autism, anxiety issues & ADHD, not sure what's set off the outbursts as such, he's always done it but it's all the time at minute :( there nanna is really good and she'll help by taking him or the girls for a couple of hours I just feel guilty sending him when I know how he's behaving! wish my parents would help a bit more but that's life... X

He's being assessed at the minute for autism, anxiety issues & ADHD, not sure what's set off the outbursts as such, he's always done it but it's all the time at minute :( there nanna is really good and she'll help by taking him or the girls for a couple of hours I just feel guilty sending him when I know how he's behaving! wish my parents would help a bit more but that's life... X

At least you have got some support unfortunately some grand/parents just aren't that way inclined! Like my inlaws!
I'd say start kicking up a fuss to your gp etc about how difficult it is to cope not saying you aren't coping but if you don't say you aren't you won't get the help even though it probably wouldn't mean any immediate support but maybe in the future? x

*Emsie* said:
At least you have got some support unfortunately some grand/parents just aren't that way inclined! Like my inlaws!
I'd say start kicking up a fuss to your gp etc about how difficult it is to cope not saying you aren't coping but if you don't say you aren't you won't get the help even though it probably wouldn't mean any immediate support but maybe in the future? x

We've been going to CAMHS appointments weekly & I've said I need a diagnosis & support ASAP so we'll see, he's ok when he's at school to break day up its just thought of 24/7 lol he could surprise me and chill out hopefully as he has done before :) my parents are useless! They won't help with son or youngest daughter (shes Deaf) but are happy to look after my other daughter whose hasn't any medical issues! x

DYJHIW You drop the chilli spice all over the kitchen worktop which goes all over OH breakfast & tea cup which he's got out ready for the morning, there were a few choice words spoken:mad:

Happy Holidays said:
DYJHIW You drop the chilli spice all over the kitchen worktop which goes all over OH breakfast & tea cup which he's got out ready for the morning, there were a few choice words spoken:mad:

I think I would have laughed at this if it was me. Chilli Cornflakes anyone ?

We've been going to CAMHS appointments weekly & I've said I need a diagnosis & support ASAP so we'll see, he's ok when he's at school to break day up its just thought of 24/7 lol he could surprise me and chill out hopefully as he has done before :) my parents are useless! They won't help with son or youngest daughter (shes Deaf) but are happy to look after my other daughter whose hasn't any medical issues! x
Fingers crossed for a quick diagnosis etc and that he does surprise you and be more chilled out than you think he will be x

Back