Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW the compliments on your weight loss are now turning into comments along the lines of "don't lose too much". Why do people do this? I'm 5' 5" and still 11 stone 9lbs, it's not like I'm skin and bone (if only!!).

Also, DYJHIW your OH's brother isn't due to arrive until 16 September and your already anxious about his visit. One occassion when he was here I had lost a couple of stone and his comment was "Wow, you look great" ...so far, so good...swiftly followed by "You're not a fat cow anymore, I mean your arse was one hell of a size". The following visit I'd gained the weight and his comment at the dinner table was "You are a bit of a pig though aren't you?"

Can we start a list of ultimate come-backs so I'm prepared?

M Louise H said:
Also, DYJHIW your OH's brother isn't due to arrive until 16 September and your already anxious about his visit. One occassion when he was here I had lost a couple of stone and his comment was "Wow, you look great" ...so far, so good...swiftly followed by "You're not a fat cow anymore, I mean your arse was one hell of a size". The following visit I'd gained the weight and his comment at the dinner table was "You are a bit of a pig though aren't you?"

How rude! What about "and you're still acting like a pig, you rude, inconsiderate noob"

DYJHIW the compliments on your weight loss are now turning into comments along the lines of "don't lose too much". Why do people do this? I'm 5' 5" and still 11 stone 9lbs, it's not like I'm skin and bone (if only!!).

Can we start a list of ultimate come-backs so I'm prepared?

Don't bother with words - smile sweetly and think about the laxative you have put in his dinner! ;)

... and if I remember rightly, one of Shirleen's favourite solutions is itching powder in the underpants!

:D

Now the two of those combined could be quite... er ... explosive!

Ooh no my favourite is actually chilli powder in the pants!
Or if you can smear a little smidge of chilli on his steering wheel....!
You can be quite sneaky, smear a little bit on the handle of the mug you make him a brew in and then tell him he's got something on his eyelash! If he's wearing light trousers then my favourite is a little brown sauce smeared on his seat so it looks like he's pooed himself!

Or for a less passive aggressive stance, simply answer him with 'Did you train to be such a nasty asshole, or is it natural?'

DYJHIW you weigh in members of SW every week and if they have a gain or maintain, (some) give YOU the look as though it's YOUR fault??!!!!!:D lol

Legomom said:
DYJHIW you have a tension headache stuck behind one eye. I'm wandering round squinting like a pirate but it just won't GO!!!!

I get tension paid behind my eyes too. Scared me when I first got it because I had it for days and days. Got checked by optician and they said eyes and behind eyes were fine and to wear my glasses more often with computer and tv etc. but I found that Mucron tablets helped ALOT! They're a non drowsy decongestant and I used to take one when I felt it coming on and they really helped. You can get them over the counter in the chemist and I always have them on standby in my bag. Try them next time you have one or feel one coming on and see if it helps as it may be due to sinus trouble. Hope that helps :)

Majella86 said:
I get tension paid behind my eyes too. Scared me when I first got it because I had it for days and days. Got checked by optician and they said eyes and behind eyes were fine and to wear my glasses more often with computer and tv etc. but I found that Mucron tablets helped ALOT! They're a non drowsy decongestant and I used to take one when I felt it coming on and they really helped. You can get them over the counter in the chemist and I always have them on standby in my bag. Try them next time you have one or feel one coming on and see if it helps as it may be due to sinus trouble. Hope that helps :)

I have had this aswell today. Had a mirgrane for four days :-(

Majella86 said:
Try the Mucron hun it should help and theyre not expensive either :) bout £2 a pack and they have paracetamol in too.
I hate migraines they write me off big time :(

Thanks for info i shall get sone be cheaper then mirgrabe relieve :)

Dyjhiw you book a last minute holiday but can't find last minute boarding for your dog then when you do it costs more than your holiday but no alternatives! :-(

Back