Don't you just hate it when....

Jenna88 said:
Dyjhiw it's time for work. I would rather walk across hot coals than leave the house...it's too cold!

I didn't even want to leave my bed! I put on my dressing gown and dived back in for 20 minutes... Now putting me behind but at least I was warm!! Xx

Mrs.S. said:
Thanks ladies. It's just the one thing I like to do. To be me. He does bath and bed for the kids and I then come home, refreshed and full of vigour for the plan and have a chilled few hours before bed.

Peacelily, I'm gonna sound really childish and poutish now, but I don't want to go to another group. I've gone to my own for a couple of years and feel like they're mostly my friends. Also. Why should I go.

I think I'm just hormonal and maybe need to go to bed and wake up refreshed?

And Sarah, I totally see what you're saying, but the time together really isn't an issue. It's time for me, to be me, and not be wife/mother/maid. Not that any of those things are things I want to change (maid maybe!!), but I just feel like I don't have a life? Maybe not helped as I'm still off work after op.

Just had a thought though, he didn't work extra hours Friday night when they asked because of the England game??! Hmmmmm.

Find a sixteen year old babysitter and put her on standby for Monday nights, your OH can pay!

I never understand this about mothers don't get any time.
As someone who has brought up 2 lads,worked p/t then f/t,cooked,cleaned and shopped for years I never felt I didn't have any 'me' time.When kids went to playschool/school I had 9am - 3.15pm to do what I wanted.8pm I use to go to work where I use to catch a couple of hours sleep and be home at 7am.I think it's all to do with being organised.
I found being a mum so much easier and stress free compared to going to work.

You can do as much or as little as you want.Meet up with other mothers for a cuppa and a chat.
The day is yours.I use to put a load of washing on and while it was doing go for a run or clean the house.While doing the ironing catch up with any programmes I missed.
Some days I would just lie on couch all day watching tv.

For me I think its the fact that there is ALWAYS something that needs doing and a thousand other things that could be done. If you can switch off from then thats great. Unfortunately its when you are already stressed that these things seem worse etc and it becomes a cycle.
For e.g I tried to have a lazyish weekend and just do the minimum of stuff but it just means that this week is all disorganised and feels manic.

gettingfit said:
I never understand this about mothers don't get any time.
As someone who has brought up 2 lads,worked p/t then f/t,cooked,cleaned and shopped for years I never felt I didn't have any 'me' time.When kids went to playschool/school I had 9am - 3.15pm to do what I wanted.8pm I use to go to work where I use to catch a couple of hours sleep and be home at 7am.I think it's all to do with being organised.
I found being a mum so much easier and stress free compared to going to work.

You can do as much or as little as you want.Meet up with other mothers for a cuppa and a chat.
The day is yours.I use to put a load of washing on and while it was doing go for a run or clean the house.While doing the ironing catch up with any programmes I missed.
Some days I would just lie on couch all day watching tv.

Sorry - maybe I didn't explain. My eldest goes to school but my youngest doesn't so is home with me still - also, I'm recovering from major surgery beginning of September so don't think that helps As I'm still sore.

Plus like emsie said, there is always something to be done! Cleaning, washing, ironing, dusting. The list is endless!

Shirleen said:
Find a sixteen year old babysitter and put her on standby for Monday nights, your OH can pay!

Nooooooo. I don't leave my kids with anyone but family. Shooting myself in the foot maybe? Anyway, then class would cost more than a tenner as we only have one pot of money.

Anyway ladies, I'm ok today. Refreshed after a good nights sleep and have my happy head back on! X

Dyjhiw it's time for work. I would rather walk across hot coals than leave the house...it's too cold!

I had set my alarm for 5am and after snoozing it until 6.45am decided it was probably best to get up!! Luckily I still made it to work on time. These cold, dark mornings are a killer!

I stupidly set my weekend alarm instead of my weekday work one so should have been up at 6.30 and didn't wake up 'til 7.15. Thankfully a hungry fur baby climbing all over me stirred me enough to make me check the time! Made it to work, but only just!

I totally agree - it's the dark mornings that mess you up!

Dyjhiw the cns at the breast clinic is someone who was on a course you did as if it not embarrassing enough.

oh no how embarrasing for you,i had a similar situation once.
have you found out anything else about it yet? xxxx

DYJHIW you are waiting for the estate agent to call with (hopefully) an increased offer for your house but it's taking ages. Really hate waiting. Also my husband doesn't want to talk about selling/ moving house anymore so you've got all these questions and thoughts buzzing around your head but haven't got anyone to talk to about them so it feels like my head is about to explode. I've decided that it would be best if we move nearer to my family but I've had the same thought before and changed my mind so he's not going to be happy when I tell him again. I've written him a letter which I'll give to him when I'm at work tonight. Wish I was little and someone else was in charge and I'd just do as I was told. Being a grown up is so tough sometimes :(

DYJHIW there are about ten different types of chocolates being passed around the office (the buyers are mid-selection process for one of our airlines) and keep asking you if you want one, no matter how many times you say no. I know they're just being nice but they are wearing away my willpower!!!

Shirleen said:
Chocolate is a really bad thing to eat at the change of season as it blocks your nasal passages!

Ooo I didn't know this!! I've been blocked up for about 6 weeks now and it's really starting to p*** me off!! I've tried all sorts....sudafed stuff, nasal sprays, nothing seems to be doing the trick! :( maybe chocolate might de-bung me!! **off to buy a huge bar of dairy milk** just kidding!!!

mrstore said:
Ooo I didn't know this!! I've been blocked up for about 6 weeks now and it's really starting to p*** me off!! I've tried all sorts....sudafed stuff, nasal sprays, nothing seems to be doing the trick! :( maybe chocolate might de-bung me!! **off to buy a huge bar of dairy milk** just kidding!!!

If you're still bunged after six weeks you probably need a sinus wash!

All dairy products stimulate mucus production chocolate is worse though.

Try a hayfever tablet, I was taking decongestants the dr put me on cetirizine that I buy at Tesco now and I'm much better! He says I have to take them forever!

Shirleen said:
If you're still bunged after six weeks you probably need a sinus wash!

All dairy products stimulate mucus production chocolate is worse though.

Try a hayfever tablet, I was taking decongestants the dr put me on cetirizine that I buy at Tesco now and I'm much better! He says I have to take them forever!

A sinus wash??? That sounds awful!!!
I thought it might have been an allergy to our new puppy, even though we've had our other dog for almost 2 years, but this started about 2 weeks before we got him

mrstore said:
A sinus wash??? That sounds awful!!!
I thought it might have been an allergy to our new puppy, even though we've had our other dog for almost 2 years, but this started about 2 weeks before we got him

It's not that bad. I would see the dr it may be infected x

Back