Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW due to budgetary reasons the only Xmas spending money you have is CEX vouchers you earnt by trading in your old games and DVDs.

I had a good £200 of vouchers, but I feel terrible as while I've been able to get everyone the things they asked for (DVDs and games) they are all second hand and I feel like a cheapskate :( I've tried to get all ones that are in the best condition, but some of them are clearly preowed and it makes me feel really terrible.

I have no problem with preowed stuff for myself - most of my clothes, games, DVDs, furniture (including my sofa) and even my wedding dress! - were all second hand, but it's different having to do it for other people :(

My mum says 'it's the thought that counts' & I reply 'but some people haven't thought' but you have thought & you've got people what they want, you could buy something 'new' but it would be unwanted & probably recycled anyway. My daughter is making everyone a cracker with a small gift inside as they are very short of money, but we don't care, Christmas not about the gifts.

BTW I love pre-owned stuff once I've got it it's not 'new'.

DYJHIW due to budgetary reasons the only Xmas spending money you have is CEX vouchers you earnt by trading in your old games and DVDs.

I had a good £200 of vouchers, but I feel terrible as while I've been able to get everyone the things they asked for (DVDs and games) they are all second hand and I feel like a cheapskate :( I've tried to get all ones that are in the best condition, but some of them are clearly preowed and it makes me feel really terrible.

I have no problem with preowed stuff for myself - most of my clothes, games, DVDs, furniture (including my sofa) and even my wedding dress! - were all second hand, but it's different having to do it for other people :(

I agree with everyone else, don't worry, you've got people what you can and put thought into it. Christmas isn't about the presents and if people can't see that then that's there problem.

Jezzi I totally agree with everyone above, its the thought that counts and if they don't like it, then they won't even get the thought next year!

Dyjhiw dad boss seems to go out his way to create more work for me! Already cleaned the kitchen at 7am as it was left in a state from dinner last night, cleaned it all then put on a pan of porridge for the boys breakfast. I saw him move the pan but have no idea what he was doing with it. He didn't say a word but when I went to stir it a minute later and he had slopped it all over the side of the pan and onto the hob I'd just cleaned! W**ker!

DYJHIW the cold means that you a terrible bark like cough and have not slept properly for days....#absolutelyshattered

Jezzi I totally agree with everyone above, its the thought that counts and if they don't like it, then they won't even get the thought next year!

Dyjhiw dad boss seems to go out his way to create more work for me! Already cleaned the kitchen at 7am as it was left in a state from dinner last night, cleaned it all then put on a pan of porridge for the boys breakfast. I saw him move the pan but have no idea what he was doing with it. He didn't say a word but when I went to stir it a minute later and he had slopped it all over the side of the pan and onto the hob I'd just cleaned! W**ker!

What!? That's crazy :( sorry hun

DYJHIW you either have to eat dinner now or much later and your not hungry now but know you will be starving later.... think I'll leave it now and just take fruit to snack on later. :(

When you get a phone call to say little un has had an accident at nursery (she's ok) she doesn't need collecting but all you want to do is give her a hug & check she's ok :(

When you get a phone call to say little un has had an accident at nursery (she's ok) she doesn't need collecting but all you want to do is give her a hug & check she's ok :(

Find it.odd that they ring to tell you if she doesn't need collecting! Surely just worries you for no reason!

I know that's what I though but i just think people tend to be more cautious of her than other kids, I'm going to collect her earlier than normal but can't get her yet coz she has a speech & language appt. in nursery at 3 :(

She got home & she's cut her eye, got a big, nasty bruise across her cheek & her glasses are knackered!

Last edited by a moderator:
When me and husband both have the ills! Feeling rubbish and craving comfort food :(

DYJHIW the head springs a meeting on you on weds where you need to have all of your assessment data (which you were leaving til the Xmas hols to get done!!) and you get home tonight to realise you've left the file you need at work!!! Grrrrr!!

So now I'm spending tonight doing medium term plans, which don't need to be done til Friday, and will be spending a VERY long time tomorrow night getting your assessment file sorted!!! Urgh! Sure this week is meant to be about winding down! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dyjhiw it's 2:35am and you've still got 5 hours of work to do!

When you're the one who got up at 6am and went to work then to town to have a hair cut, then to school to pick up son and home again, yet it's your husband who has been off for over 4 weeks and is snoring!!!!!

Oh AND I have to cook later!

DYJHIW - You know your heading for a gain at the scales at WI tomorrow and its your own stupid fault for being greedy

AND you dont have a * week any more but still get all the symptoms arghhh my boobs are killing me lol

DYJHIW you'd finally managed to get people to agree to do something for your birthday which is inconveniently 3 days before Xmas, and now no one is confirming, so still not able to book a table or anything! And to top it off, my bf is coming home from work on Saturday too, but has said that he won't be able to see me as he'll be too tired! I tried to explain that I only want a birthday hug but he said its stupid as its only a birthday and not important! I hate the fact it's so close to Christmas as I always get let down by people and it sucks! I guess after 33 years I should be used to it, but each year I think it'll get better!!! :banghead:

Back