Don't you just hate it when....

When you say EE dosen't work for ME and your C at class says to the whole class "ok hands up everyone that has lost weight on EE" and then says "see it does work" making me feel really small in class last night.

All I said was it didn't work for me not everyone else, thought this was my journey.

Fed up now and I'll think twice about speaking up in class. :(

When you say EE dosen't work for ME and your C at class says to the whole class "ok hands up everyone that has lost weight on EE" and then says "see it does work" making me feel really small in class last night.

All I said was it didn't work for me not everyone else, thought this was my journey.

That sounds like it wa sreally badly handled x Hugs x Why do you think it doesn't work for you? x

Tealight said:

Oh that's awful!! :( surely your C should know that not every plan works for everyone!!!

Hey Hun that's awful, she really should not have done that. Not everything works for everyone. EE works for me but I know many people who it does not work for at all.

Please don't let her put you off going back and speaking up, the class is there for you as well as everyone else.

You could also try SW online.

That sounds like it wa sreally badly handled x Hugs x Why do you think it doesn't work for you? x

Thanks lovely x

Well I've always done Original and Green, so last WK Monday to Monday I sat down and planned a full WK's plan of EE and put on 2lb.

I found it hard to do a third sf/f at breakfast so I'm guessing that's where it went wrong.

The WK before I had lost 4lb which I think was because I was really sick with a Migraine and had not eaten or drank for 24hrs Sun/Mon but I dragged myself out of bed to weigh in because I didn't want to miss class. I think this messed with both my last weigh ins.

I'm giving it another go this WK though, I'm not letting last nights episode get me down' I do think she misunderstood me.

Thanks lovely x

Well I've always done Original and Green, so last WK Monday to Monday I sat down and planned a full WK's plan of EE and put on 2lb.

I found it hard to do a third sf/f at breakfast so I'm guessing that's where it went wrong.

The WK before I had lost 4lb which I think was because I was really sick with a Migraine and had not eaten or drank for 24hrs Sun/Mon but I dragged myself out of bed to weigh in because I didn't want to miss class. I think this messed with both my last weigh ins.

I'm giving it another go this WK though, I'm not letting last nights episode get me down' I do think she misunderstood me.

I tried EE but it's not for me either, Red and Green all the way!

@ *Emsie mrstore btlaney M Louise H thanks lovlies xx :)

I thought i was being a bit sensitive at the time.

It was my first day of giving up smoking too, so how i kept my cool i don't know lol :)

Can't make up my mind which is more important atm, it's tough trying to diet and give up the ciggies.

Thanks again, you guys are fab, you really are :) xx

Tealight - congratulations on quitting, that's fab! I've been (mostly) off the smelly things since January 1st 2012. I use an electronic cigarette though, so I'm a cheater. ;)

Oh how awful for you, that's not the way you'd expect your C to respond, she could have said 'we'll talk about it later' or tell me about your diary, or asked the group their thoughts.

So do you have a diary we can look at I'm sure you'll get more support on here.

Harley Quinn said:
Tealight - congratulations on quitting, that's fab! I've been (mostly) off the smelly things since January 1st 2012. I use an electronic cigarette though, so I'm a cheater. ;)

My OH is also a 'cheater' lol. 4 weeks today! :)

Wow to you!! Over a year....that's fab!! :)

Thank you and well done to you too, it's much harder than i thought it would be though, i'm thinking of getting some patches now.

I'm fine at home, it's just work tea breaks i'm struggling with. Does the electronic ciggie have nicotine in it?

:)

Oh how awful for you, that's not the way you'd expect your C to respond, she could have said 'we'll talk about it later' or tell me about your diary, or asked the group their thoughts.

So do you have a diary we can look at I'm sure you'll get more support on here.

Thanks HH :)

I did say it wasn't for me but my mum had lost about 6 stone on it so i wasn't dissing the plan atall. I know it works for others.

I was thinking about starting a diary on here tbh. I normally put it online on the S/W site but theres is no feedback on there.

:)

When I went to material shop & told the woman (4 times) that I needed 1m x 3m of material, she measured & cut it, I asked is she was sure coz it didn't look long enough - she growled it was her job & of course she was sure! - got it home & it's too small! There is no way that its 3m (I measured it at just under 2m) so now I have to go back to town & waste more money & hopefully get the right amount this time :( x

Aww Tealight (hugs). Sorry about that. Your C sounds a bit tactless. I know what you mean, because I have only been on SW for two weeks after previously losing three and a half stone on a VLCD. I have found it so hard to lose on EE because I have come from eating nothing to all this free/superfree food and I was sure I would gain. I have lost 6 lbs in two weeks, but I have had to be very restrictive, especially with carbohydrates because of all the water gain that comes with eating them after a fast. I suspect that might be what happened to you. I go to SW with my daughter and she has lost fine on EE, so it worked for her. I am a vegetarian though, so I wondered if I should be on the Green plan, but my C says that we all have to do EE as Green and Red are being 'phased out'. She has told me to ignore them!

I think you should give it another try now that you are well again and eating normally. Then if you feel it isn't working for you you can do the Green and Red anyway.

Congratulations on giving up the smoking as well :D

Good luck XX

**punk*~*star** said:
When I went to material shop & told the woman (4 times) that I needed 1m x 3m of material, she measured & cut it, I asked is she was sure coz it didn't look long enough - she growled it was her job & of course she was sure! - got it home & it's too small! There is no way that its 3m (I measured it at just under 2m) so now I have to go back to town & waste more money & hopefully get the right amount this time :( x

Stupid woman!!! Not you.....the woman in the shop lol. Hopefully when you go in it'll be her day off x

That's ridiculous. Consultants are meant to be supportive. A friend in work's sister started a few weeks ago and has a good bit of weight to lose and has lost very little. Last week she had a gain and said she had 1 night over her syns (but not by many) and the C but her hand up and told her she was wasting her money going!! My C would never had said that! She would first ask about a food diary, 1/3 superfree/ measuring healthy extras etc. If I was the sister I wouldn't go back to that group cos I wouldn't want to give her my money!

I know not everyone will agree with me but I don't think slimming world agrees with everyone. My sister had started before me, was sticking to the plan 100% and was only losing maybe half a pound/ 1lb each week. Then she went to weight watchers and found it suited her better and lost more than she had in months and months of slimming world in a few weeks. Me, I love slimming world, but it just didn't work well for my sis. Oh and I do green days pretty much all the time, EE wouldn't work since I don't eat meat and love having 2 HEs :)

I personally think that SW can work for most people but not everyone can work the plan. Not because they are stupid or do it wrong as such but it doesn't suit them. It has some strange concepts that go against the grain for some people...like being able to eat carbs, eat as much as you need to fill you up etc
I have a friend that really struggles with her weight issues and she says she gains if she goes on sw and I think its partly because she is scared to eat and trust the plan.

Aww Tealight (hugs). Sorry about that. Your C sounds a bit tactless. I know what you mean, because I have only been on SW for two weeks after previously losing three and a half stone on a VLCD. I have found it so hard to lose on EE because I have come from eating nothing to all this free/superfree food and I was sure I would gain. I have lost 6 lbs in two weeks, but I have had to be very restrictive, especially with carbohydrates because of all the water gain that comes with eating them after a fast. I suspect that might be what happened to you. I go to SW with my daughter and she has lost fine on EE, so it worked for her. I am a vegetarian though, so I wondered if I should be on the Green plan, but my C says that we all have to do EE as Green and Red are being 'phased out'. She has told me to ignore them!

I think you should give it another try now that you are well again and eating normally. Then if you feel it isn't working for you you can do the Green and Red anyway.

Congratulations on giving up the smoking as well :D

Good luck XX

That seems pretty bad advice when in the slimming world book it says green is perfect for vegetarians! I love the green plan, I've only had one EE easy day since I restarted in January. There's a woman in my group who has lost 4 stone on green and she isn't vegetarian, she just doesn't eat a lot of meat.

Back