Don't you just love it when...

your hubby calls and explains that because he did 12 hours yesterday, he only has to do 4 today so will be home about 2pm!

MinkyDinky said:
I lost a lb yesterday to take me to exactly half way through - amazing feeling!! Good luck! x

I don't think I will I've eaten out 3 times this week! Lol

X x x

Don't you just love it when you realise your jeans are size 24 and not 26 like you'd been thinking! And also when you look in the mirror and can see the difference in yourself :D

When you feel so ill and sorry for yourself yet your friends on fb have had you crying with laughter all evening. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When you know you have made your SU's birthday a GOOD day! He's had pancakes for breakfast, a visit from his bruv, a dance with me in the lounge, a lunch out at a Carvery, chocolate cake for afternoon tea, then to the Theatre to see Sister Act, (excellent) followed by popcorn chicken from the KFC drive thru!

An hour over my day shift that I won't be paid for (night shifts are set rate), but he's had a great day! Tomorrow he gets a long lie!!!!

you begrudgingly take eldest dd to breakfast club meaning you and youngest dd have 20 minutes to kill before she can go into school(have to be year 3 and above to stay alone at breakfast club) so you waste the time by popping into aldi as you need salad and some fruit to find blackberries,cherries and salad reduced to half price :)
i like to think it was my reward for being nice mummy,lol.

You were right all along! Men are a huge pain in the rear at times!

Just saying that coz I'm mad!

Last edited:
When an album you have been looking forward to is released, and it does not disappoint!

After i realised I am over my syns for the day, zellizoo invites me over for syn free food and fitness video to keep me on the right path!

...you go to check on the baby birds upstairs, and there is an egg unhatched, over a week after it should have done. So the OH opens it a tiny bit to see what went wrong, and you hear it crying! Little fella is still alive 3 days on, so fingers crossed.
It was one of the loveliest things I've witnessed - a 6'2" bloke gently peeling the shell from around a tiny tiny crying little pink baby bird. Granted, they ain't the cutest things on the planet, what with their wobbly heads, thin skin, big bellies and bulging eyes, but bless.

Tinytootz said:
...you go to check on the baby birds upstairs, and there is an egg unhatched, over a week after it should have done. So the OH opens it a tiny bit to see what went wrong, and you hear it crying! Little fella is still alive 3 days on, so fingers crossed.
It was one of the loveliest things I've witnessed - a 6'2" bloke gently peeling the shell from around a tiny tiny crying little pink baby bird. Granted, they ain't the cutest things on the planet, what with their wobbly heads, thin skin, big bellies and bulging eyes, but bless.

Aww bless! I found a baby bird once and was advised to feed it natural yogurt, it was so cute when I was woken up at 5am and it had its head stretched out meeting feed me!

After 5 days it was strong enough to be released :D

X x x

Your 2 yo proceeds to tell you he doesn't believe in Santa and its daddy instead! Then blabs all his dads secrets!!! Funny

dyjliw you are worrying about your child's hatred of school and tears every morning, you mention this to your child's teacher and he takes time out of his own day to have a meeting with you and put your mind at rest. she's fine lol. just finding routine hard after half term.

The mountain of ironing that you had been putting off doing all week long isn't actually as bad as you had thought it would be and takes half the allocated time to do.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

dyjliw your bus-and-place-name-obsessed autistic cousin gives a particularly "Aspie" response to a comment on facebook, gets told he's being boring and you can step in and be boring with him...

it may be an odd thing to enjoy having in common, but it's nice for both of us to know that there's someone else in the family who understands Asperger's from a sufferer's perspective lol.

(and yes, I am aware that a conversation about the spelling and etymology of place names may not be everyone's cup of tea, but me and Miles roll along quite nicely thankyou!)

When your man who well and truly got you angry last night, made you really happy today.

Made you laugh, cry with joy and restored your faith xxxx

(and yes, I am aware that a conversation about the spelling and etymology of place names may not be everyone's cup of tea, but me and Miles roll along quite nicely thankyou!)

I think that sounds like an epic conversation. More talk of spelling and etymology needs to take place on FB. (I studied Eng. Lang and Linguistics for my degree).

JezVonSavage said:
I think that sounds like an epic conversation. More talk of spelling and etymology needs to take place on FB. (I studied Eng. Lang and Linguistics for my degree).

I studied that when I went to uni... for 3 months! Haha :eyeroll: Loved the course, just hated uni so I quit.

Back