Don't you just love it when...

M Louise H said:
Is she wet when you get her from school? I was hoping the embarrassment factor alone would solve the problem with my daughter but not as yet. I feel I'm treading a fine line between dealing with it honestly and openly and making too big an issue of it and causing long-term damage.

I know her body is giving her the signs as, just like your daughter, I see her wriggling and dancing about. I've even thought of getting her a digital watch that I can set to beep on the hour to remind her to go - would this be a help or hinderance do you think?

She's not always wet no, but tends to come home desperate and rushes for the toilet.

I've been to the doctor to rule out UTI's etc and it was him that proposed its a behavioural/attention seeking thing. There hasn't been any major trauma or anything in our family, the only change is her sister being born when she was 5 years old. She had been the only child in both of our families until then so was everyone's baby and the doc says this might be a way of getting the spotlight back onto her, albeit negatively.

It was him that suggested the threat of telling her teacher/friends. He said that the possibility of people outside the home knowing may make her take heed and stop, and touch wood, it hasn't been an issue for a week or two now.

She also used to come down from bed desperate, like she'd held on as long as she could and was then bursting to go. When we were at the doctor he asked her if her body told her when she needed to go, even just a little bit, and she said yes and that she doesn't know why she holds it. He also talked to her a little bit about the damage she could cause and infections etc so maybe the combination of this and the threat of telling school has made her stop??

I don't see that a stopwatch would do any harm? And maybe shed get fed up of it after a few days and want to stop having it so go of her own accord?

Our doc did say if it continues then to go back and he could potentially refer for family counselling, but he didn't want to use that as a first option?

Sorry to hijack the thread again! Hope you get somewhere with your daughter xx

Sounds lovely, please post a pic when its done! I want to get mine soon, just finding the time! X

I will do! P.s. also loving your new avatar pic!! :) x

DYJLIW you get french gel nails done for £10 with a trainee!! Bit messy but I'm happy for £10! And for the same price for the infills I'm defo going back :p

When you get loads of nice comments about your new Louis Vuitton handbag :)

And you didn't pay a penny for said bag

I don't even care if it's a fake - I lurrve it

Attachments

• image-1461909518.jpg
    image-1461909518.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 81
ScarlettStar86 said:
Size 1's? Blimey emsie I know this is a weight loss forum but steady on! Haha xx

Lol!!! Xx

*Emsie* said:
Dyjliw you get 3 tops in the tesco sale for 20 quid, size 1s's quite happy with that!

Woo! Sales!

All sorted school wise this end for now. Teacher very supportive. Glad youve had feedback, hope things improve xx

Back