Don't you love it when a meal is made from "nothing!"

had no idea what to have for lunch today - evening meal planned a nice mixed seafood stirfry :)

So after opening the fridge endless times & the cupboards & deciding there was nothing in, I ended up with a yummy lunch!

Bacon, onion, garlic, mushrooms & cabbage stirfried with soysauce & topped with a tesco meat free chicken fillet thing - oh it was yum!! :D

I do this all the time towards the end of the week, and most of the time they end up being super yummy! A couple weeks ago I had only 3 eggs, a tin of potatoes, some ham, and shallots... I ended up making a fritatta, and added some herbs and spices and it was lush!

Sounds like me!

Im just home on an hours break, opened the cupboard 90,000 times moaning there was nothing in.

Im now hapily tucking into tomatoes, mushrooms and beans on toast and its bloody yummy!!!!

I can always make summat out of nothing!!!!
(that includes arguments with the OH lol!!!)

xxx

I can always make summat out of nothing!!!!
(that includes arguments with the OH lol!!!)

xxx

OMG me too!! Mine today said he wanted to get out of the house, as it's been raining all week here, and I started off on one saying I knew he was sneaking out to buy cigarettes (which he couldn't because he didn't have his wallet on him, then I cursed him out because he was leaving me with the kids, and then he turned round and said "All I meant was I was going in the garden for some fresh air" OOPS!:eek:

I had a nothing in week last week (was completely broke) still managed to stick to SW and not suffer too much.

Did this the other night! Had a sachet of curry rice mix, boiled it up, chopped up a pepper, some nearly gone mushrooms and fried them up with a handful of veggie chick'n strips. Then I chucked it in with the rice and some frozen peas. Delicious, probably one of my favourite meals this week!

Back