double dd's double ud's?

LucyNewMum

Silver Member
hi all :)

so my plan to begin with is to have 4 dd's and 3 ud's as i am very keen to get to goal, but because of how my work days fall and my weekly weigh in at my zumba class, it works out that i have 2 sets of dd's and 2 ud's together, as follows:

mon- UP
tues- DOWN
wed- DOWN
thur- UP
fri- UP
sat- DOWN
sun- DOWN

how does this look? not exactly alternating days lol but i feel it would work for me. my plan is to move onto 3 dd's, then 2 dd's as i lose weight

ah i had heard bout the 'no fasting over 48hours'. maybe ill split them up abit :) really want to do 4 dd's tho, dont think id lose otherwise x

I do three and I'm losing...not huge amounts but its going down and I'm doing all the things I normally do....meals out...cocktails...so I can live with slow and steady losses every week x x

yeah thats the bit i was worried about. have read in several places that your body doesnt go into starvation mode untill after 3 days of continuous fasting tho, mite just give it a try and see how loses go :)

I did double DD my first week and only lost 2lb. I did alternates the next week, plus a double UD and lost 13. Its important to get the swing between the DD and UD for the weight loss to be effective.

I did double DD my first week and only lost 2lb. I did alternates the next week, plus a double UD and lost 13. Its important to get the swing between the DD and UD for the weight loss to be effective.

wow ladybird thats awesome, thought it may have been a typo for 3lbs at first lol, well done u must be chuffed :D

Double DD's are fairly pointless tbh, the benefits of fasting ( the fat burning part) level off after about 36 hours so really you'd be making yourself very hungry for pretty much no reason at all and are more likely to binge on the following up days. Stick with AD and see how it goes for you for 2-3 weeks

Some people have ID, they are sort of neither up or down and are like a normal "diet day", I think around 1200 cals or so. someone else who does them might have a better explanation than me though.

Lucy, currently I am doing DD on Tues, Thurs and Sun. Havent had a weigh in yet but ill let you know how it goes. My first week i started DD on Mon, Weds, Fri and Sun and lost 10lbs so may go back to that plan but it would be nice to have to DD on Fri and Sat!!! If it works.,...

I did lots of double downs a while ago and it didn't really make any difference to my weight loss, I don't really feel it was worth the hunger etc. I'm now doing alternates and it's much more manageable and losses are good. You mentioned about needing to work it around your zumba weigh in. Just for info: I don't bother with weighing after down days, I just weigh at the same time each wk as IMO a loss is a loss. Real weight loss will show even if it's after an up day so I wouldn't let that worry you too much. You might be better off following a low cal plan if you would find it easier?

I don't really feel it was worth the hunger etc.

I agree, I tried 1 week of double down days and although it may have helped me get off the christmas binge gain quicker it definitely wasn't worth continuing for me personally. I found I started to feel grumpy by the 2nd down day and also got a headache. Ever since starting JUDDD I've always been one to look forward to my UD's so you can imagine by my 2nd down day I was like a crazy woman knowing my up day was tomorrow and I wanted to eat all sorts and everything in sight... which for me could mean seriously binging and going way over my UD calorie allowance. I don't feel it's worth all that hunger, headache and binge eating for me personally. Some people do them and they do fine and can control themselves, I am not so good at it and want to stick to the JUDDD plan which is alternate days.

i did double dds for a while when i was fully into juddd because i found that was the only way i would lose weight every week, think it may be because i dont have a lot to lose now so shifting weight is harder anyway! they are difficult to do but once you get into the swing of them they are ok. i only did double dds because i had a double ud on the wkends so i felt it balanced back that way. :) x

Back