Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Hi I have just read your diary and you both are doing so well. Well done. Your pics are amazing as well - you look so much younger!! Hope this week goes well for you. x

Aw thank you - I hadn't even thought about looking younger, so that's nice to hear :)
Hope your week goes well too :D

Really well done you! And him of course

Thanks KB :D just going to have a browse of your diary :)

Yay and well done to you both. Great losses :)

Found ya! ;)

Wow alex you have come so far yo must be sooo proud of your self!

Looking forward to following your continued success and his too ha

speak soon

xxxx

Thanks everyone :D

This week was a different story though :( The Man did really well again - he lost 4lbs, but I let the side down this week....I only lost a pound and I was (am) completely gutted.

I know it's normal to have weeks like this, but that doesn't make it easier when it happens. I've also had one of my hardest weeks yet for cravings and temptation (sitting in the same office as two people eating sausage and egg butties is one example!)
So I was really hoping for a good one this week, because I struggled to get here. However, the scales were against me :( and now it looks like it'll take another TWO weeks to get the christmas weight shifted (another 5.5lbs to go) when I was hoping to get it done this week (The Man is now back to losing virgin blubber by the way).

So I went into meltdown about how hard this diet is, how I'm sick of not having a life because of it, and how much I just want it to be over. I even talked about jacking it in at one point, but came to the conclusion that I'd start gaining weight straight away which would make me feel even worse than I do already. So I guess I'm kinda trapped - Exante feels horrible and cruel and difficult at the moment, but I don't see any other way for now!

Sorry for the depressing rant by the way - I do feel a little better about it all now, and I know I was probably being melodramatic but I think this diet messes with your head sometimes!
x

Ditto!!
I'm off plan now for a week and will WI I'm ready. My weekly losses seen so insignificant I really don't see the point anymore.

Your's on the otherhand have been great. Just remember what you have lost and 1 smaller loss will not ruin things...remember it's still a pound off!! You'll do great next week x

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) from me. You know what you have to do, look how far you've come, grit your teeth and keep marching on, you CAN do this, I know you can.
Have a great week,

KB x

Just a minor blip and a pound off is another towards goal. You will get there as you have before, this is a marathon not a sprint and you know how difficult a marathon is right?

Ah you have done really well, hang in there, I think this diet is hard, but at least when we get to our goal, we will know we worked hard for it!!
My motto is today a new day, it certainly is for me, will WI this morning and start TS again, ketosis here I come!! Lol
Have a good day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello hun

Keep at it hun! I'm sure u will Have big loss next weigh in!

Could you maybe try doing your shakes a bit different to spice things up a bit? I'm sure when I did E you could put peppermint in ya choc shake an curry powder in ya chicken soup? My fav was adding loads of ice in the shakes so it went like ice cream :D

Your doing fantastic hun! Keep at it

Xxx

Hi Alex I've just been having a nosey at your journey and your photos are fab! I really sympathise with your slump in the weight loss race, I had exactly the same thing happen to me, I lost 13lb really quickly and then had about 10 days of yo-yoing the scales kept adding on a pound everyday then knocking 1 off etc and I was getting really annoyed because I knew I was loosing. I decided to stop weighing myself and when I did succumb (of course after like two days ha ha) when I didn't like the weight it said I just had a rant at the scales and told them they didn't know sh*t (sorry how agressive of me!). I'm now at 20lbs loss and feel pretty relaxed and happy with that, there is no way I can have so few calories and not loose weight and its the same for you, so stay strong girl. It sounds like you are really tackling it this time and working out your triggers and weak points and learning from them, you can do this just knuckle down and before you know it you will be there.

Have you thought about what your going to do when you get at your goal to maintain as this is what threw you last time? I'm worrying a bit about it however thinking about starting slimming world when I have about 10lbs until target to get into that way of eating because it seems pretty sensible. Anyway sorry for the waffle xx

Ditto!!
I'm off plan now for a week and will WI I'm ready. My weekly losses seen so insignificant I really don't see the point anymore.

Your's on the otherhand have been great. Just remember what you have lost and 1 smaller loss will not ruin things...remember it's still a pound off!! You'll do great next week x

Aw Shelly - no losses are insignificant...whether big or small, they all get us closer to where we want to be. I guess we just have to remind ourselves of that sometimes.
The problem with Exante is that we program ourselves to expect the big losses, so it's an even bigger blow when they don't happen.

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) from me. You know what you have to do, look how far you've come, grit your teeth and keep marching on, you CAN do this, I know you can.
Have a great week,

KB x

Teeth gritted...marching boots on! Still 100% so far this week (with a tiny bit of chicken, milk and sugar free jelly thrown in....not together though :eek:). Let's hope the scales are kinder this week hey?
:D

Just a minor blip and a pound off is another towards goal. You will get there as you have before, this is a marathon not a sprint and you know how difficult a marathon is right?

Too right....I think my sprint is to lose the christmas blubber, after that, I'm prepared to jog for a while :)

Ah you have done really well, hang in there, I think this diet is hard, but at least when we get to our goal, we will know we worked hard for it!!
My motto is today a new day, it certainly is for me, will WI this morning and start TS again, ketosis here I come!! Lol
Have a good day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Gill :) I'm hoping all this hard work will be the thing that makes me determined not to put it all back on when I get to goal!
Good luck with your TS restart :)

Hello hun

Keep at it hun! I'm sure u will Have big loss next weigh in!

Could you maybe try doing your shakes a bit different to spice things up a bit? I'm sure when I did E you could put peppermint in ya choc shake an curry powder in ya chicken soup? My fav was adding loads of ice in the shakes so it went like ice cream :D

Your doing fantastic hun! Keep at it

Xxx

Thanks Kae...I don't actually have the shakes at the moment, I only liked the chocolate shakes as a hot chocolate, but not enough to do a bulk order of them. I might try the curry powder in the soup thing though :D

Hi Alex I've just been having a nosey at your journey and your photos are fab! I really sympathise with your slump in the weight loss race, I had exactly the same thing happen to me, I lost 13lb really quickly and then had about 10 days of yo-yoing the scales kept adding on a pound everyday then knocking 1 off etc and I was getting really annoyed because I knew I was loosing. I decided to stop weighing myself and when I did succumb (of course after like two days ha ha) when I didn't like the weight it said I just had a rant at the scales and told them they didn't know sh*t (sorry how agressive of me!). I'm now at 20lbs loss and feel pretty relaxed and happy with that, there is no way I can have so few calories and not loose weight and its the same for you, so stay strong girl. It sounds like you are really tackling it this time and working out your triggers and weak points and learning from them, you can do this just knuckle down and before you know it you will be there.

Have you thought about what your going to do when you get at your goal to maintain as this is what threw you last time? I'm worrying a bit about it however thinking about starting slimming world when I have about 10lbs until target to get into that way of eating because it seems pretty sensible. Anyway sorry for the waffle xx

Don't apologise...waffle is good! And thanks for popping in on our diary :)
I think I might go back to Weight Watchers online after I get to my Exante goal (or until I get sick of it! ;))
I did it just before Exante, and really enjoyed a lot of the food I was able to cook. It just wasn't quick enough for me at the time!
I know myself well enough to recognise that I can't do this completely on my own. I need some kind of structure - even if it's just being strict during the week, and having treats at weekends.

I know what you mean about the scales...it can be so frustrating to be 100% all week, and then have a dissapointing result.
I don't weigh myself other than on Sundays because I don't think I'm strong enough not to react to daily fluctuations. In some ways, ignorance is bliss, but it means I also have no prior warning when it ends up being a bad result!

I've put last week's results behind me now though, and although I'm still battling cravings, and wishing the time away, I haven't reacted to my dissapointment with a binge or anything.

I was tempted to go out on Sunday and buy some meat - which I could justify as a WS day, but I talked myself out of it.
I recognised that it would just be a scaled down version of the weigh-in day binges that I used to have on other diets.
Obviously, it's fine to have a bit of chicken or whatever if I really fancy it, but I didn't want to have it as a reaction to my dissapointment.

Progress maybe?!

Hey Alex,
Whats the sugar free jelly u have been having? Is it the hartleys one?

sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Kay,
Yeah it's the sugar-free Hartleys one in the sachets.
I don't tend to say much about my little 'tweaks' to the Exante rules on here, because I know it's cheating, and I don't want other people reading this and thinking it's definitely OK to do - but I personally find that my little extras help me stay on the straight and narrow.

For a quarter of the sachet, the jelly is only 9 calories and something like 0.5g of carbs, so I'd rather have this than snacking on ham or chicken like I did before christmas.

One word of caution though - apparently some of the flavours contain citric acid, which depending how sensitive you are, might bring you out of ketosis.
x

Well it's week four of our re-start and after last week's little disaster (for me) the results are in, and it's a good un' :D

-4.5lbs for the Man and -4lbs for me :banana dancer:

I'm still 1.5lbs away from my pre-Christmas weight, but at least I've got it in my sights...keeping my fingers crossed that I might get there next week!
And I'm now back to being 4 stone lighter than when I originally started, so I'm a happy bunny all in all.

It's been another testing week this week - last time on Exante I craved nice healthy food like salmon with roasted vegetables (one of my favourite meals), but this time all I can think about is pizza, fish and chips, pub lunches and all that kind of stuff :eek:
Ah well, the results are worth it eh?

Lots of snow here today, so we won't be doing much. We got caught in it yesterday trying to drive home from The Man's old flat in Cannock (we were moving out the last of his stuff) and it was the most stressful journey of my life! Cars literally sliding around everywhere!
So today will be a duvet on the sofa kinda day I think!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend and managing to stay warm! Ketosis doesn't help in this weather does it?!
x

Great results for both you and your hubby well done:)

Fantastic results babe keep going!!! I'm back and starting Day 1 tomorrow. Feel positive now so I'll be joining you on the road to slimville x

Back