Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Evening chickie!

I do hope your okay! i really do feel for ya cos its soooo hard to do vlcd restart :( try not to put so much pressure on the numbers and concentrate on how good you feel at the moment with the fab losses you have had! Your back to pre xmas and in another month or so you could loose the same amount over maybe more!

Keep ya chin up! Your doing fab!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

kae said:
Evening chickie!

I do hope your okay! i really do feel for ya cos its soooo hard to do vlcd restart :( try not to put so much pressure on the numbers and concentrate on how good you feel at the moment with the fab losses you have had! Your back to pre xmas and in another month or so you could loose the same amount over maybe more!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey kae how are u lovely??? Good to see u back beautiful will visit ur diary soon :) x x

Evening chickie!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, you're absolutely right Kae - I'm just being impatient about getting the weight off! Maybe I shouldn't set so many targets/deadlines! I'd probably be a lot happier just plodding along!

xxx

Hey, Alex, it's still off my girl, be proud! All continues to go in the right direction for you, head down, chin up (if that is possible) and keep going, you're getting there!

KB xx

Hmmn, that might be a bit difficult to do simaltaneously ;)
But yeah, it's all in the right direction, and I must be due a whoosh on the scales soon hey? x

Hi Alex, take some of the advice you have given me...a loss is still a loss...better off than on!!!

You are doing really well, don't get disheartened like I did and give up...you can do it...we both can!!! X

Goal 1 - get into the 12's by week 2

Goal 2 - get into the 11's by week 5

Very true! If only we could be as positive with ourselves as we are to other people!!

I dont think a vlcd ever goes as well any other time than the first, I dont know whether your body knows whats coming and fights it or what. Also I think after the first time we are tempted to sneak the odd bits in here and there, where as first time we are much stricter.

With the weight gain, I also think on a vlcd we just have to accept that when we come off we are going to gain up to 7lbs. But thats the whole reason we move up the steps, so our bodies can adjust back and drop the initial glycogen gain.

Stay strong! You've done amazingly well and are a complete inspiration to us all. Be proud of yourself and yay for the 12's! I'm 4 stone behind you :)

Aw thanks Kez, you talk a lot of sense. This stint has definitely been harder than the last one, and I think it's harder because I have the end in my sights.

My main problem is that I tend to over-think things too much, especially after a bad week - On the whole, I'm really happy to be only a few pounds away from my goal (which is my lowest adult weight) but when I start thinking about it, I remember that weight was recorded on my work scales, fully clothed (obviously) so I know I need to lose a couple of pounds more to truly meet that target.
And then I remember that I need to build up a 'buffer' to accommodate the carb gain, so I've got to lose some more for that.
Once I've mulled that over in my head, and panicked about eating 'real' food for a while, I start thinking about how I'll actually stll be at best 'overweight' at that weight, so should I lose a bit more?

And by the time I've done all that thinking, the mountain ahead looks steeper than ever!!
Like I said earlier, maybe I should just plod on and see what happens rather than being so goal-focussed.
As some wise person posted recently - I can only be responsible for my efforts, the results are out of my hands!
x

I know that I personally rebel against targets and deadlines. I put so much pressure on myself, that I set myself up to fail. And when I fail, I just rebel even more telling myself...'See I knew I couldn't do it!'.

So this time I am just trying to be as good as possible and lose as much as possible. I have 19 weeks left until my wedding and I am just losing what I can for the wedding. No goals, no targets...just to do my best! Any weight off is going to be better than the way I feel about myself now.

That said, I am a long way off any final target, so maybe that makes it easier to just plod?!

I think that's a good attitude to have Kez. After all - whatever goals we have, there's not much extra we can do on a VLCD to speed things up (other than not cheat ;)). We do the same thing week in, week out, but the results can be brilliant or devastating regardless. I guess it doesn't really help to add extra pressure in the form of goals, but it's hard not to :(

Speaking of results - this week's been a good un for me at last! :D :D :D
-4.5lbs for me....and -2lbs for The Man, which means that in a complete reversal of fortune, I'm now only 2lbs away from my first goal, with a good chance of getting the job done in time for my trip to London which is two weeks today :D

The man's loss wasn't quite as good as usual, but he's still pleased with the 2lbs. Without going into too many details, he's had a tough old week - the type that throws routines out of the window, meaning that you just have to do what you can to stay on track and in ketosis. So all things considered I think a 2lb loss is great :)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, and thanks for the support - I really do appreciate it :heartpump:
x

Oh well done, Alex, I'm glad you got a good number this week, it will give you a great lift. Well done to The Man too for keeping on the straight and narrow through challenging times. Keep it going!

KB x

Great result Alex, well done to both of you xx

Hi Alex, that's a great loss...well done!!!! Not long to first goal!!!! X

Goal 1 - get into the 12's by end of week 2
Goal 2 - get into the 11's by end of week 5

Well done, that's really good, the first goal is in sight now, :)
Have a great week both you and hubby

Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a great week both you and hubby

Hehe...people are always marrying us off, or trying to (Mrs KB ;)) :8855:

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone - it really does feel exciting to be so close to a goal that seemed so far away back in September.
I know I'm still going to be in the Obese category at 12st 7lbs, so there's more to do yet, but I'm just taking one day at a time.

I have a drawer full of size 16 clothes ready and waiting that are just a tiny bit too small at the moment, so they're my next goal :) I think I must be a size 17 at the moment as my size 18 trousers are getting too big :D
x

What height are you?

Poo! im 5'4 and hoping i am going to get into an 18 in the next 2 stone. but you're 5 stone ahead of me! boohoo!

Aw sorry, don't be disheartened though. I have a feeling I must be particularly 'dense' as I often hear of people wearing 16s at a heavier weight than me, yet I have tops in size 22 that fit perfectly well!
I also have a colleague at work who's exactly the same height as me, weighs a stone more, and wears smaller clothes! I can't work it out, that's for sure x

The only thing I can compare it to is that when I was 10 stone I was a size 10! But that was about 12 years ago! lol :) All the weights and sizes in between I have no idea?

I wouldn't worry everyone is different, my sister in law is only one stone lighter than me but is a trim size 10 and I'm a 14!!! To each their own I say!

Good luck :)

Well I finally did it! :D 2.5lbs off this week, taking me past my 12st 7lb target by half a pound! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

The last time I was this weight was in 2007. I'd been taking Xenical, monitored via the doctors surgery, and although I was at my lowest adult weight, it was never my intention to quit or even maintain at 12st 7lbs. I just happened to meet the wrong man, and started a relationship that revolved around food, and lots of it.
Obviously the weight slowly crept back on, and by the time we'd split up and I'd got my life back together (involving some comfort eating and even more social eating/drinking) I was 6 stone heavier.

So it's taken me a couple of years of messing around with Xenical, Weight Watchers, Calorie Counting and finally Exante, to finally get back to what I was back then.

And how does it feel? Bloody brilliant :D To turn the clock back, and finally know that I'm not re-losing weight that I've lost and gained so many times before, is just a lovely feeling.

I always thought that if I ever got back to this point again, that I'd stop. I remember feeling confident and comfortable in my own skin at my lowest weight, and I could barely even imagine getting back to this point, never mind surpassing it.

But now, since I've started getting close to my goal weight, I've been feeling that I'm not done yet. I'm obviously still 'obese' at 12st 6.5lbs, and I know it sounds daft but I just get the feeling that if I told people that I'd got to my target weight, they'd think 'Oh is that it? You're still a fairly big lass...shouldn't you carry on for a while?' Not that anybody would say that to me (or think it probably) but in a way I feel like fraud having a goal that's a lot of people's start weight!

So I've got my London trip coming up, followed by a week off plan....so I know I'll be back over target afterwards.
Then it's back to Exante to re-lose the gain and hopefully a bit more before I go to Chester with The Man in April.

I think now I've met this big target my goals from now on will be small - It'd be nice to get into the overweight category, which is something like 12st 2lbs for me. So that's the next next plan.

All in good time though...The Man is planning to stay on Exante until about June, so there's no reason why I can't carry on that long with him.
once I've dealt with any London weight gain, I'll probably slow down a little - allow myself to be a bit more sociable where food/alcohol is concerned. But you're not getting rid of me yet!!!

Onto other news, The Man had a little gain this week (1lb). Things are still tough for him, and so he's been having a few added extras - chicken, nuts, cocktail sausages, bits of chicken/beef or whatever.
We spoke about it earlier though, and in my opinion, it would be impossible for him to gain a pound of fat by eating Exante products and a couple of extras each day. It's more likely that the salt in the nuts and processed meats has made him retain water - hence the gain.

He doesn't mind even if it is a true gain though (maybe the cals/fat in nuts?) - as he said himself, he knows that he can lose 4-5lbs on a good week, so he can easily pull it back.
And to be honest, it's so easy to completely blow a diet like Exante when life gets in the way, so he's doing brilliantly to stay vaguely within the rules.

And I think that's all my news! Sorry for the essay folks! :eek:
x x

Love your essays, Alex, and love where you are right now! Really well done on reaching this goal, how wonderful for you. Well done for The Man too on holding it together through a difficult time, can't be easy.
Enjoy London and then right back to it!

KB xx

Back