Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

The fact you are worried, makes me think you still have all the determination and sensible reasoning you need :)

I really hope so Kez...I've been dieting now for over 10 years so I just need to get this done once and for all!

I've weighed in a day early today, as The Man is coming over later and we'll be having some food together.
I'm pleased to report that after all that stressing, daily weighing, picking and craving, the result was an acceptable 2.5lbs :D Which takes me back to being 'overweight' rather than obese, and also means I've re-passed my 5 stone milstone...happy days indeed.
So today will be a day off-plan, but I'm going to try not to get stressed over the damage....after all, I can't have it both ways can I? I can't carry on deciding to have a day off and then beat myself up over the potential damage, because it was my decision in the first place! The Man is only here for the day, and this is a belated birthday treat meal for me, so I'm just going to enjoy the day and then get back on track tomorrow. As Kez says, 6 days on plan is better than 6 days off!

I also seem to have fallen into the trap of daily weighing just lately, which I NEVER used to do until the last couple of weeks. I only seem to feel the need to do it when I've been off plan and had a temporary gain that I need to lose, but I don't think it's doing me any good.
This time I'm going to try not to weigh myself again until next weekend, just put my faith in the plan and tell myself that daily weighing doesn't help - whatever I gain today will be re-lost at some point (hopefully before the next weigh-in), but as long as I stay on track this week, there's nothing else I can do to speed things up.

Hopefully next week will bring a loss of at least 1lb, which would take me back to my pre-birthday weight. Anything more would take me into the 11's and into new territory, but I'm not going to be greedy! :)

Hey Alex, how goes it? How far off 12st are you? Or have you landed there already ?

Hi Alex, just catching up. Amazing weight loss again, and your just hitting those targets one after the other. Hope you & The Man enjoyed your week-end together and celebrated in style, that's what you'll remember not a number on a scales! If a few pounds have slipped back on , you both have the tools and experience to loose them again.

All the best,

Conor

Have a lovely meal ...

2.5 lbs is brilliant xx

Thank you :D I was really pleased with 2.5lbs...in fact, that'd suit me every week to be honest!

Well done! Loving the the positive attitude!

KB x

Thanks KB - positive attitude still present and correct :)

Morning Alex how are u hunny? X

Hi Precious...I'm good thanks (apart from big ketosis headache atm), hope you are too :)

Hey Alex, how goes it? How far off 12st are you? Or have you landed there already ?

I landed in the 11s (11st 13.75lbs) just before my birthday, but immediately bounced back up into the 12s. I was 12st 1lb last Saturday - no idea what I am now though as I'm avoiding the scales for as long as I can!

Hi Alex, just catching up. Amazing weight loss again, and your just hitting those targets one after the other. Hope you & The Man enjoyed your week-end together and celebrated in style, that's what you'll remember not a number on a scales! If a few pounds have slipped back on , you both have the tools and experience to loose them again.

All the best,

Conor

Thanks Conor,
We did have a good day last Saturday actually - popped into town for a bit of shopping, followed by a couple of beers in our favourite Belgian bar.
After that, we went home, relaxed for a while and then decided to order a pizza. Unfortunately that was a bit of a disaster to be honest....we ordered far too much food to start with, my pizza had too much topping and not enough cheese (which isn't how I like them), the garlic bread somehow tasted like it had mint on it (as in the herb), and afterwards we ended up stuffed, uncomfortable, but without the pleasant feeling you get when you've really enjoyed your food.
It all led to a big conversation about how we need to rein ourselves in when we finish Exante and start having the occasional treat again. The Man said that if we go back to eating those kinds of foods in those kinds of portions, it just shows that we've haven't re-educated ourselves in the slightest, and that we'll be back to square one before we know it! I was quite surprised to hear him talking like that to be honest, because I'm the one that tends to over think things (you'd never guess would you ;)) and I've never known him to beat himself up about overindulging before!

I completely agree with what he's saying though. It's possible to enjoy the taste of food without stuffing our faces, so I suppose that's something we need to work on going forward.

The rest of the week has been a mixed bag to be honest. I was strict on Sunday (had to pour washing up liquid over the left over pizza even though I didn't even enjoy it the 1st time around!), strict again on Monday, didn't diet on Tuesday as we had a funeral to attend :( and then I've been strict again on Wednesday and today.

I really have no idea what the scales will make of all that! I've deliberately stayed away since last Sunday because I was driving myself nuts jumping on and off all the time!

Must run as my lunch break is over!
Will pop in again soon,
thanks everyone for your support :D
x

Hi Alex I can totally relate with what The Man said and portion size and control is what I need to rein in.
It has been drummed into us from a young age to clear our plates, we just need much smaller plates ;)

Is he back on the plan with you now? I'm sure the scales will be kind to you this week you are doing so well. You will be back in the 11's in no time xx

Hugs Alex wishing u lots of good luck for wi - u will no
Doubt see the 11s I can feel
It in my bones ;-) x

Hi Alex I can totally relate with what The Man said and portion size and control is what I need to rein in.
It has been drummed into us from a young age to clear our plates, we just need much smaller plates ;)

Is he back on the plan with you now? I'm sure the scales will be kind to you this week you are doing so well. You will be back in the 11's in no time xx

Nope, he's still on his break :( Mainly for financial reasons, but as we all know, your head has to be in the right place to do this diet, and it's been a tough old week, so he's giving himself another week before starting in earnest. He hasn't been bingeing though, other than the pizza episode, and he's been out walking quite a lot, so I'm not expecing his gain to be as bad as the Christmas one.

Fingers crossed for a good weigh in this week, sounds like you deserve it.

KB x

Thanks KB...I'm not really sure whether I do deserve it or not :rolleyes: I've had two days off and four days on since my last weigh in, so I'm not expecting great things. That doesn't bother me though, as long as I'm not gaining, I'll take whatever the scales tell me.

Hugs Alex wishing u lots of good luck for wi - u will no
Doubt see the 11s I can feel
It in my bones ;-) x

Thanks Precious - I hope so! But I'm not holding my breath either!

Weighed in this morning, as I was considering having a meal with The Man tonight if the scales were kind.
They said 12st 0.75lbs, which would be a STS from last Saturday (we round up to the nearest quarter). Nothing is set in stone yet, but I think I'd like to give it another day, and then weigh in tomorrow morning instead, just to see if I can record a loss rather than a STS (a bit OCD of me, I know)

I've decided to eat tomorrow again, which I don't want to be a long-term plan for Saturdays, but it will be for the moment until The Man re-joins me. I know I'm messing about with the diet, and that I'm likely to carry on STS, but for me it seems controlled. I'm not snapping/caving and having binges, it's all planned out and carefully thought through. I know that The Man won't want to mess around when he re-starts, so it's a very time limited thing. Once he's back on Exante I'll be supporting him with that, and reaping the benefits myself :)

x

Hey hunny bunch well done on the sts may be frustrating BUT your not binging the days u do have off are actually planned and thats a positive :) like u said once the man joins u it'll be so much easier ?? Good luck for wi tomm if u do decide to do it.. And enjoy ur planned day off :) x x

Thanks Precious!

I stayed strong yesterday in the end! Went to Morrisons with The Man to get a few bits n bobs for the weekend, but I haven't touched any of it yet!

Last night, I really really fancied fish and chips from the chip shop...in fact I'd been craving them all week. I half expected The Man to suggest having them (he's suggested it a few times lately but I've never been in the mood) Anyway, I made a pact with myself that I wasn't going to bring it up, but if he suggested it, then I'd have them, otherwise I'd stick to S&S.
Damn him - the one time I'm dying for him to suggest it, he didn't mention it at all! So I stuck to my S&S chilli con carne with cauliflower 'rice', mushrooms and peppers. It was lovely actually, but probably not as nice as the chips would have been...haha!

He tried to tempt me into having a nice desert with him, but I put my foot down and said that there was no point having a S&S/Exante day, and rounding it off with a big sugary desert if I was planning to weigh in again the following day. That completely defeats the object!

So here we are....He's having a lie in, and I'm avoiding the scales for as long as possible in the hope that I can squeeze out another wee or two before I get on them! :D
Will post again with the result later!
x

Well the results are in, and I'm happy to report a 2lb loss, meaning that I am now 11st 13lbs :party0011:
Really, really happy with that :) I couldn't have hoped for more after having two days off plan this week...in fact, I would've been chuffed to bits to see 12st on the scales. Makes me really glad that I didn't have those fish and chips last night, and I feel all the more determined not to go crazy over the bank holiday weekend, so that I can hopefully acheive a STS next weekend (I'd be greedy to expect any more, as I'll be off plan from now until Tuesday)

So as promised, I've set a new target weight, which is 10st 5lbs. This feels scarily low for me, and I'm not even sure if it's acheivable, but I've settled on that weight because it would be exactly half my original starting weight of 20st 10lbs (back in 2001). How nice would it be to be able to say that I'm half the woman I used to be?
Now let's see if I can do it!?
x

Wow, well done on your loss this week and how far you have come.

I feel the diet is good in the fact you are learning to take control of your eating and plan your days off etc.

Oh well done, Alex, I'm so pleased for you, and so well done with the will power! Imagine being in the 10s....I can't even think how that might feel, can't imagine 11s either to be honest, you'll have to let me know how that feels! Good for you and it can only get better when The Man is back on track.

KB x

Back