Down in the dumps

As a serial monogamist of several years, I've noticed that doing the laundry is a very important part of the male/female dynamic.

Women seem to take on a man's laundry (when they start living together) as a way of saying "See? Isn't this better than being a man alone and doing your own laundry?"...Or maybe "See? I'm just as good at looking after you as your Mum (or ex wife) aren't I?". In other words we use doing his washing as a way to give ourselves extra value and as a way to prove we love him.

Men know this...Which is why men bring up the washing so often during arguments. Or worse, why they use passive-agressive tactics regarding the laundry to bring women down. For instance: My ex would ignore a wardrobe full of clean shirts and ask for the one that was still at the bottom of the washing basket...As an excuse to shout at me and make me feel like sh*t.

I hope things sort out for you soon. And I should add to my analysis that my friend's husband does ALL of her family washing...But he also dresses as a woman most evenings.

"I hope things sort out for you soon. And I should add to my analysis that my friend's husband does ALL of her family washing...But he also dresses as a woman most evenings"

hahahahah brilliant!

I must admit, I do OH's washing. But he does do the dishes like a good boy. mainly because he knows he ain't getting his new favourite SW chips if he doesn't - plus, I started singing that really annoying Alesha Dixon song at him that goes 'He doesn't wash up, no he doesn't wash up, never cleans up no he never cleans up'.

Worked a treat!

lol I've sung that one before aswell! My OH rarely washes up as he's so bad at it... I think it's deliberately bad though, so he doesn't have to do it anymore... !!! x

"I hope things sort out for you soon. And I should add to my analysis that my friend's husband does ALL of her family washing...But he also dresses as a woman most evenings"

hahahahah brilliant!

And true!

I ring up and ask for her...He replies and calls her to the phone, in a "lady's" voice.

Bless him. He likes to be a female nurse.

Back