Down with Spanx!

A week today Belle, can't wait!

Hopefully I will have shifted this chest infection by then. Finally gave in and went to the doctor on Friday and he put me on antibiotics for a week, so I'm hoping it will clear up by next sunday.

Went to group on Friday, after missing a week due to illness and, as expected, gained 2.5lbs. Not surprised at all, after 10 days of feeling rubbish, having more than my syn allowance every day in lemsip and cough sweets, let alone all the white crusty bread and heinz soup (oh and the 8 club biscuits in one afternoon fiasco, but I'd rather forget about that!)!

So, back on plan since Friday and doing ok. I've really lost my mojo though, has anyone seen it?!

Hope you are doing well Belle! x

Being poorly is awful. Maybe my mojo is on holiday with yours?! Am struggling at mo, have been good and no seen benefits of how good I have been which has in turn demotivated me which is not good. And exhausted at mo from working v hard which makes it tougher! Have tried to have an on plan day but am probably not doing that well! If I sts will be lucky this week!

Can't believe it's been so long since I updated!

So, I had a fab holiday, but put 8lbs on in a week! I really didn't think I'd been that bad and so I nearly gave up when I got home, felt really demotivated and struggled to get back on plan. But I dragged myself to group, logged a 7lb gain (so I'd managed to lose 1lb without even trying!), stayed to group and asked my friends there to inspire me...

As a result, I sat and thought about what I'd eaten and drunk on holiday and realised that yes, it really was that bad! How easily we deceive ourselves hey? Forgetting the family sized packs of crisps, the pints of lager, the chips with everything!!!

So, I cooked two new recipes last week, did a meal planner and shopping planner, re-read my books and some of the magazines and had a great week.

At group yesterday, I lost 4 lbs and was named my class Miss Slinky 2013.

Just goes to show you should never give up! :D

Hello *waves shyly* !!

Thanks for your welcome post on Dawns diary. In fact I had already gone to look at your diary before that as I spotted you still on here and was bowled over by your progress - Miss Slinky indeed - that's amazing. You must be so proud
:-D

I will update on my time 'missing in action' (as they say) at some point but not while I'm on my phone - I am not known for my ability to be concise so it would take me forever on the phone !!

Suffice to say I'm back. Have gained a bit in the 18 months or so while I've been away but still over 3 stone less than my start point. Obviously that's disappointing but I've already lost nearly half a stone since the restart and thanks to Dawn feeling really positive. Feeling inspired seeing that my old minis friends who have had restarts have managed to do so well. Yay to you all :)

I don't know how often I'll be here but hope to keep my beady eye on you when I can.

Well done again - absolutely fabulous achievement :)

Gail xxx

Hiya hun! Lovely to have you back! Well done on the loss, and a mahoosive well done on winning Miss Slinky! :D xx

Yay!!! Go you!! That is brill well done :) xx

Thank you my lovelies! It was just what I needed to get well and truly back on track. Feeling good now and determined to lose half a stone by Christmas!

Hello *waves shyly* !!

Thanks for your welcome post on Dawns diary. In fact I had already gone to look at your diary before that as I spotted you still on here and was bowled over by your progress - Miss Slinky indeed - that's amazing. You must be so proud
:-D

I will update on my time 'missing in action' (as they say) at some point but not while I'm on my phone - I am not known for my ability to be concise so it would take me forever on the phone !!

Suffice to say I'm back. Have gained a bit in the 18 months or so while I've been away but still over 3 stone less than my start point. Obviously that's disappointing but I've already lost nearly half a stone since the restart and thanks to Dawn feeling really positive. Feeling inspired seeing that my old minis friends who have had restarts have managed to do so well. Yay to you all :)

I don't know how often I'll be here but hope to keep my beady eye on you when I can.

Well done again - absolutely fabulous achievement :)

Gail xxx

Hi Gail, it was so lovely to see you back and posting. Glad you had such a fab weekend with Dawn and Bev and that it's given you the motivation to keep going. We always knew this was going to be a long haul - and so it's proving! I got down to my target weight and then, due to some household changes (mainly new boyfriend with a love of baking and curries and a work change to working at home!) and stress, piled 3 stone back on in a year! Got two of that back off now, but still a stone to go to get back to target.

I've found this time round much harder. EE fits in so much better with my meat-loving men, but it doesn't seem to do much for my weight loss. My consultant is also insistent on 8-12 syns a day being the best for weight loss, but again, it seems to have slowed me down. So frustrating when there are people losing 2lbs a week and I'm struggling to lose 0.5lb! Still, I'd rather be here than 2 stone heavier (or even 5 stone heavier, which is where I started!) and miserable as sin. So it's onwards and ever so slowly downwards... :p

Look forward to reading your updates, good luck and keep going! xxx

Hi Spanx,

Still so impressed by Miss Slinky. Wow :).

Am extra impressed by anyone who manages to get back on to the plan properly and lose lots of weight again. I haven't really managed to do that yet properly and although I am feeling positive, I know how easy it is to 'fall off' my perch again. I'm determined to start losing again though and hope to be back somewhere closer to where I was and feeling a bit better about myself.

Agree that the second time round it seems much harder and I have to keep reminding myself that it is going to be slower than last time. However overall, I think that slow is best because it means that you are being consistent (ideally) and hopefully not depriving yourself too much and hopefully good preparation for maintaining ? Am I being too idealistic here ?? But I have so many positive role models here :) that it is keeping me going and inspiring me.

Glad to hear all is good. I think you're amazing :)

Gail x

Can't believe it's been so long since I updated!

So, I had a fab holiday, but put 8lbs on in a week! I really didn't think I'd been that bad and so I nearly gave up when I got home, felt really demotivated and struggled to get back on plan. But I dragged myself to group, logged a 7lb gain (so I'd managed to lose 1lb without even trying!), stayed to group and asked my friends there to inspire me...

As a result, I sat and thought about what I'd eaten and drunk on holiday and realised that yes, it really was that bad! How easily we deceive ourselves hey? Forgetting the family sized packs of crisps, the pints of lager, the chips with everything!!!

So, I cooked two new recipes last week, did a meal planner and shopping planner, re-read my books and some of the magazines and had a great week.

At group yesterday, I lost 4 lbs and was named my class Miss Slinky 2013.

Just goes to show you should never give up! :D

Well done Hun that was a great result xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Spanx,

Still so impressed by Miss Slinky. Wow :).

Am extra impressed by anyone who manages to get back on to the plan properly and lose lots of weight again. I haven't really managed to do that yet properly and although I am feeling positive, I know how easy it is to 'fall off' my perch again. I'm determined to start losing again though and hope to be back somewhere closer to where I was and feeling a bit better about myself.

Agree that the second time round it seems much harder and I have to keep reminding myself that it is going to be slower than last time. However overall, I think that slow is best because it means that you are being consistent (ideally) and hopefully not depriving yourself too much and hopefully good preparation for maintaining ? Am I being too idealistic here ?? But I have so many positive role models here :) that it is keeping me going and inspiring me.

Glad to hear all is good. I think you're amazing :)

Gail x

Thanks Gail! I feel like I'm firmly back on track now. I've avoided temptation over the weekend and cooked some more new recipes - Pasticcio from the Family feasts on a budget book and Coriander and Mint chicken from the All in one book. Both were lovely and I'll definitely be doing them again.

I don't think there's anything wrong in losing slowly (good job isn't it?!), but for me, I've clearly still got to learn how to keep it off. Last time it was all too easy to go back to old habits; this time I'm determined to keep it off for good. In some ways, putting some back on was a reminder of how much better I felt when I got to target - and the thought of having to go out and buy clothes in larger sizes again was enough to get be back to group!

Well done Hun that was a great result xx

Thanks Val - great to see you had a good week too x

Hiya hun! How's you? Xx

Hi Sian,

I'm great, thanks!

Lost another 3lbs this week, so that's all the holiday gain gone - and I've set myself a target to lose another 3.5lbs by christmas. May not sound much, but it's more than half a pound a week, which is what I was averaging before my blip. Hope you are feeling better this week xx

Oh well, normal service has been resumed! Had no different a week to the last two, where I lost all the holiday gain, but only managed to STS this week. It's so frustrating!

Cooked another lovely recipe this week, for those of you who have the all in one book, made Mint and Coriander Chicken - delicious!

Determined to have another good week and see a loss next week...

Oh well, normal service has been resumed! Had no different a week to the last two, where I lost all the holiday gain, but only managed to STS this week. It's so frustrating!

Cooked another lovely recipe this week, for those of you who have the all in one book, made Mint and Coriander Chicken - delicious!

Determined to have another good week and see a loss next week...

Well done for sts I put 0.5 on eeek am doing a red week to see if it helps . Have a great weekend xx

Hi Sian,

A bit disheartened to be honest. Can't help but jump on the scales most mornings and despite being 100% on plan, they just aren't moving!

Two days until next WI and I don't appear to have lost anything, after a STS last week too. No idea what's going on - I'm getting loads of superfree and trying to watch portion sizes. Really want to get some more off before Christmas!

x

Well last week went from bad to worse, weight wise! I went to group on Friday and I'd put 2lbs on! My C looked at my food diary and even she was stumped...!

So, back to basics this week. I've upped my superfree, tried to cut the amount of free food, cut out bananas just in case and am sticking to a max of 8 syns a day. (Apart from Friday, which was BF's birthday and ended up being a blow out day! Still, I needed to get it out of my system after the gain and have been back on track since Saturday.)

You too Belle! Hope 2014 brings you everything you need and lots that you want!

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed myself over the christmas period and went back to group last Friday with a 6lb gain! It was worth it though. I think after a year back on plan I needed a couple of weeks to enjoy myself, eat lots of naughty things and get my mind back in the game. I was thinking of calling an interim target at 11st 10lbs, which is where I seem to have been stuck for a while, but I've decided to push on and set myself a realistic goal of being 10st 12lbs or less by the time I go on my summer hols on July 22nd. That gives me 6 months to lose at least 1st 4lbs, so even for a tortoise like me, it should be possible!

Have had a great week so far and a sneaky peek on the scales this morning seemed to show that 4lbs of that gain has disappeared already, so that's boosted me for the rest of the week!

I think it is true quickly on quickly off, my gain was a bit more long term so probably will be slower off! To shift 4lbs of gain is good going well done :)

My target is 10st 10lb, no time frame but would be happy with the summer that is 1st 2lbs

Think migraine is finally booted out which is a relief just need to stay calm today as triggered by stress and lack of sleep!

Back